Ahh Finally a Cakewalk tutorial

satya

24 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

think we've discovered almost 20 YouTube channels that have Cakewalk tutorial content and that's just the ones we know about

I found on Groove3 hence i posted

• Like 2

1 hour ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Glad you did.  I was gonna post this.  The point here is a popular  3rd party tutorial site considered the free Bandlab worthy of trying to get sales.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Right on. I misunderstood your topic title, I took it that you had been under the impression that Cakewalk tutorials were in short supply.

I guess Groove 3 are heavy hitters in the recording tutorial business?

• Like 2

This new tutorial is for the newest version of Cakewalk, that is a big plus. Many of the older tutorials may still be relevant but confusing for beginners since some key parts have changed a lot like the export dialog. It also puts Cakewalk in view for anyone browsing Groove3 who might not be aware of it.

Of course this new tutorial will be dated as soon as the eagerly awaited, just around the corner, new version of Cakewalk comes out! 😁

• Haha 1

Can someone tell me what kind of accent the speaker has?  It almost sounds like a British Empire accent, but it has what I hear as a broad "a" sound, like a Southern drawl in the US.  So, the first person singular pronoun doesn't sound like "eye" but "ahhh."  Likewise, "right" and "route" sound almost identical to me, that is, as "rahhht" for both "right" and "route."

Also, "our" is almost identical ("ahhh"); "armed" is similar ("ahhhmd"). For some reason, though, "likewise" sounds to me like "lahhhkwyze" not "lahhhkwahhhze."

Not making fun of this, just hoping that if I can find out what is going on (de facto pronunciation rules) it will make auditory sense to me. 

21 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Can someone tell me what kind of accent the speaker has?  It almost sounds like a British Empire accent, but it has what I hear as a broad "a" sound, like a Southern drawl in the US.  So, the first person singular pronoun doesn't sound like "eye" but "ahhh."  Likewise, "right" and "route" sound almost identical to me, that is, as "rahhht" for both "right" and "route."

Also, "our" is almost identical ("ahhh"); "armed" is similar ("ahhhmd"). For some reason, though, "likewise" sounds to me like "lahhhkwyze" not "lahhhkwahhhze."

Not making fun of this, just hoping that if I can find out what is going on (de facto pronunciation rules) it will make auditory sense to me. 

It's South African.

• Thanks 1

I noticed the tutorial on Groove3 last Saturday and also created a thread about it, but alas in the Tutorials forum. Stupid choice, I know. 9_9

And for the benefit of worthless knowledge, I've made a quick check on Groove3 to see how much coverage some of the currently active DAWS have. Quantities are in number of tutorials available in descending order.

• Logic Pro: 91
  • Ableton Live: 54
  • Pro Tools: 47
  • Studio One: 41
  • Cubase: 32
  • Reason: 29
  • FL Studio: 13
  • Reaper: 8
  • Digital Performer: 7
  • Bitwig Studio: 3
  • Cakewalk by BandLab: 1
Edited by Canopus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

And for the benefit of worthless knowledge, I've made a quick check on Groove3 to see how much coverage some of the currently active DAWS have. Quantities are in number of tutorials available in descending order.

Finally, 91 Logic Pro tutorials?

5 hours ago, Canopus said:

I noticed the tutorial on Groove3 last Saturday and also created a thread about it, but alas in the Tutorials forum. Stupid choice, I know. 9_9

Reaper should be 0, Kenny Goia (sic?) does a great job (for free) doing fairly deep dives into the product.

• Like 1

Anyone who gripes Groove 3 doesn't have enough content hasn't really looked at their offerings.
Aside from tutorials on various DAWs they also have tutorials on playing jazz, blues, singing, guitar, piano, how to use a various soft synths and other VSTs, production techniques for various music styles, and more.
Anytime there's someone offering a free month or more of Groove 3 or a nice discount on their subscription it's worth grabbing.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Anyone who gripes Groove 3 doesn't have enough content hasn't really looked at their offerings.
Aside from tutorials on various DAWs they also have tutorials on playing jazz, blues, singing, guitar, piano, how to use a various soft synths and other VSTs, production techniques for various music styles, and more.
Anytime there's someone offering a free month or more of Groove 3 or a nice discount on their subscription it's worth grabbing.

That's about the only thing I like about it.  What is annoying is the overkill of them teaching a VST in Logic.   Somehow my brain can't wrap around them.

You don't see knew ones in Reason since they really haven't updated the DAW to make any.

FL Studio - most updates aren't just fixes but adding something new. 

12 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Their Play-along series is great for the artists that they cover.   One chapter covering the main parts of the song, one part a play through where you can see the instructor playing along with the tab, and one part full "Music Minus One" mode.

Groove 3 is owned by Hal Leonard Publishing, so you have a huge collection of their instructional materials for a variety of instruments as well as songbooks.  Every week they add more.

• Like 1