Not a deal - UVI bought by Image Line

Fleer

I used FL Studio many, many years ago -- a couple of decades ago, actually -- and really liked the product, but when I stopped playing music for a time, I ended up staying with Sonar/Cakewalk and haven't followed Image Line in recent years. Hopefully, this will be good news for UVI. I own several UVI libraries, and while I don't love the user experience, it is a solid platform with some decent libraries, and I would very much like to see them continue to grow and improve it. I know that every post I've ever seen on this forum about Falcon has been very positive, so I'm definitely open to getting that at some point in the future. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

Pretty soon there are only going to be a few mega companies handling music software development, after they buy out all the small independent ones... 🙄

I hope not!

Cos I am relying more and more on small or smaller developers! IMHO they are more friendly, have better authorization, easier installation, some have better performance, a.s.o.

• Like 6

Schocked by this. Not for from UVI but Image Line.  BTW Image Line is a small developer that just happens to have one of the most popular DAWs out there. They are also doing well financially.  Maybe they were approached by UVI.  

We can speculate all day.

They also have their own rompler called  Flex.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Schocked by this. Not for from UVI but Image Line.  BTW Image Line is a small developer that just happens to have one of the most popular DAWs out there. They are also doing well financially.  Maybe they were approached by UVI.  

We can speculate all day.

They also have their own rompler called  Flex.

If you follow the link you'll see that Image Line is owned by a vulture venture capital company that is the driving force.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

If you follow the link you'll see that Image Line is owned by a vulture venture capital company that is the driving force.

Not sure I see it.  I'll wait to hear from Scott to come down from the ivory towers of Image Line to squelch the rumors.

6 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Also explains why Venus Theory subjected himself to FL-Studio.  On the bright side.  If Image-line offers the complete plug-in bundle upgrade next BF for $99 (and includes the UVI catalogue 🤓 )   I will be "in".

He's known for bashing FL Studio.  You eliminate a lot of potential subs.   If he was working with a project involving video I could understand that frustration.  Some people so it but working with video in a non linear DAW is a mystery to me.

In the FL forum people are complaining about UVI being iLok and they would never buy.   That decision was made long before that.   Buying another developer doesn't make things better.   Rare does it happen with authorization.   When Izotope bought that verb company it a one license where Izotope doesn't really have a machine limit .   How many of you would prefer that BFD be on iLok? (me!)

Now if Image Line had only bought Waves............ 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Wow! 

I am genuinely shocked, but upon reflection I am also pleased by this announcement. In contrast to earlier seeing creatively bankrupt companies join forces to cross-market rather than innovate or support their existing products, here we have a company with the most user-friendly stance in the market (free lifetime upgrades!) acquiring a company with some of the most creatively inspiring products and soundware in the market. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 2