🔥 How Many Plugins Do You Presently Have Installed on Your Computer?

PavlovsCat

How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?

• I have less than 100 plugins installed
    • I have 100 - 199 plugins installed
    • I have 200 - 299 plugins installed
    • I have 300 - 399 plugins installed
    • I have 400 - 499 plugins installed
    • I have 500 - 699 plugins installed
    • I have 700 - 999 plugins installed
    • I have more than 1,000 plugins installed

10 hours ago, Zo said:

I also heard bapu has 6 wifes ..... 

Bapu stays in way too good of a mood to have six wives! 🤣🤣🤣

Besides, can you imagine how tough it must be to have 137 basses* with just one Lovely Lady?  No way SIX wives would let him have more than one! 😁

(* I excluded Alembics since we all know those don't really exist! 😜 )

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mettelus said:

Many force you to install VST2 and VST3 versions as well, so I have "dupes" from that. A funnier topic would be "What plugins do you own that you never friggin use?"... that one would drive a large spike in the GAS bubble.

Don't forget the LE versions you may have updated and all the software which has a different plugin for each version number.  There's also the 32 bit and 62 bit versions, demos, etc.

I imagine that for those of us on the high end, bundles add a lot to that.  I have tons of things I don't use from IK's group buy last year, there's a lot in the Nomad Factory bundle, etc.

• Like 1

@Bapu, you have a lot more equipment,  but I may have you beat on a technicality.

I have been coming here, VI Control and KVR for ten years when I wasn't even using a DAW anymore (my prior DAW PC hard drive died and I never replaced it; technically (I've actually been going to KVR, VI Control, this forum and a drumming forum since their earliest days),  I had Sonar on my laptop but it was so underpowered I couldn't realistically use it to record several tracks). So in effect,  until early last year, I have been posting here, buying plugins and sample libraries even consulting to sample developers and  helping come up with a few sample libraries some of you bought that I actually wasn't even using beyond trying out on my laptop. I just thought I'd eventually get another DAW PC and use them. Which I did, but ten years later.

Edited by PavlovsCat

5 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

There's also the 32 bit and 62 bit versions

True, Melda forces the 32-bit versions to mitigate people not knowing which version they need. They are installed but not in my scan path (and too lazy to delete them each update).

1,1417 plugins here, based on the Cakewalk plugin scanner. But CbB likely counts those that have both VST2 and VST3 formats since I have "hide related VST2" disabled.

Studio One Pro 5 counts 979 plugins, and it automatically tries to hide any related VST2 plugins that are also installed in VST3 format. So S1's tally  is probably a more realistic count.

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The way around that for me is I install my 64 bit plugs in c:\Audio Data\VSTPlugins64 and my 32 bit plugs in c:\Audio Data\VSTPlugins32. I only add the c:\Audio Data\VSTPlugins64 path to the DAWs VST Path lists 

I also "filter Out" vst2 plugs if there are vst3 equivalents into own folder also, and NOT added to the DAW Vst Path lists

I think it's been already more than a year ago, when I started a fresh Windows install, and promised to myself this time only a reasonable and usable plugins will make it into my vst folder. So far I've been holding up just fine with only 1791 plugins currently. But I'm keeping at the back of my head that there are still these over 120 plugins from airwindows to be installed, so yeah.

Bit more seriously, this is obviously both VST2 and VST3 together including a few bundles, plus DX and MFX, so that should make it a bit above a half of that realistically.

Very seriously now, I think cakewalk is showing the VST3 count wrong, at least in my case. Many (most) of them installed here are counted twice, why? I tried to report that in the main forum but no one gave a sheet. I did some testing, there are many vst3 plugins on my system that will show up with a double-seat in the main count displayed by plugin scanner at the end of scan (789 plugins found, 2 new, 0 removed, 0 errors), if I take a single plugin away from folder, scanner will show less 2 (2 removed). This issue is only with vst3.

Most of you don't know this, but Bapu runs the WPB (World Plugin Bank).  Like its sister organization -- the Global Seed Vault -- Bapu is responsible for securing and safely storing one copy of every plugin ever made.

In the event of a global apocalypse this precious store of plugins will be utilized to reboot the world's music industry.

So hey, cut the guy some slack!

Here are some photos of the installation and its employees.  But don't try to find it; its location is top secret.

image.png.6b15fab55edeb1c78a99d17ac37304f5.png

th?id=OIP.qVP-Xv0RQ796LrFMiGfZ4wHaE8%26p

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I prefer colored pencils myself, but you're right I want every imaginable colors at my whim. Wait I only do shades of gray 😜

Do you think that's a wise thing to do?  I mean, pencils can be mighty sharp!  May I suggest...

56430031-962a-4bab-8ea6-94fad2677950.8ce

Oh, and please don't eat them!  'K?  😜

• Haha 1