Kilohearts releases Dual Delay - a free VST/AAX/AU/Snapin effect plugin

Carlos  Iglesias

Dual Delay is like a regular delay that wants to be a reverb and ends up being something cool and new instead, with its double delay lines working in tandem to give you rich and complex echoing systems in seconds.

As with all Kilohearts Snapins, hooking them up to the amazing modulation options available in our host plugins gives you oodles of extra sound design flexibility.

Dual Delay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

S-W-E-E-T! 

So, are they adding it to their FREEBIES collection??   It's a ridiculous number of quality plugins for FREE in case anyone isn't aware.

I'm still really curious about the move to offer so many of their previous reasonably priced plugins for FREE!  ...or maybe I'm just bitter since I bought so many of them? 🤔   Still, I don't mind giving this great dev some of my plugin $$.

PS. THANKS KiloHearts!

PSS. I just saw the email, and YES it is a new FREEBIE!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Is it automatically added to our accounts?

I didn't rerun my installer yet, but when I looked in my account, Dual Delay was automatically added by Kilohearts. God bless them! Hahaha.

Seriously, who can complain? Sure, I definitely understand how some folks who paid for stuff now free -- which includes me -- might be annoyed, but in the long run, they've added a bunch of stuff that was formerly paid that I got free, and I love the fact now someone who is short of cash can access these tools. That's great. And, of course, if more people have it, Kilohearts has more opportunity to sell them additional plugins, so it can work for users and the developer. So, count me as a Kilohearts fan. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm still really curious about the move to offer so many of their previous reasonably priced plugins for FREE!  ...or maybe I'm just bitter since I bought so many of them?

C'mon, fellow Meldamoonie, Vojtech has been using this model for years to great success. It gets attention and warm fuzzies for the brand "if their free stuff is this good, the payware stuff must be fantastic." The responses I got at VI-Control when I mentioned that I cut my teeth on MCompressor were very interesting: turns out that many people (and Vi-Control attracts a lot of pros) also did so and therefore became hooked on Meldaproduction products. MCompressor is a truly great effect. It's a freebie, but if someone trips on using a freebie effect, they can even make it payware if they want. 😄

And you and I both know how hooked you can get. I've spent more with them than any other software company, including the pile of reference credits I've earned. The ref credits I've earned over the years is well over 100 euros, which means that I've been responsible for well over 1000 euros in sales for them. As are you, even more so.

And as far as buyer bitterness, I've pointed this out before: you had the use of the FX for years before us cheapskates. The idea that we're somehow being cheated when a product that we bought later becomes much cheaper is a fake idea. We had use of it when we were hot for it. The purchase gave us a dopamine squirt (and it's usually a bigger squirt than when you get it for free). Your licensing bucks helped make them successful enough that they can now give things away for free, and you get the new freebies to put in Snap Heap or use standalone like I do (Limiter sees a LOT of use around here). But you know that. You'll also of course benefit from their new approach as they seem to be into continuing to release cool little toys like this dual delay. I'm a sucker for interesting delays.

• Like 4

Every bit of your post is true, Erik!  😁

Work and other stuff have gotten in the way of mixing this year - but NOT plugin shopping. I've been on a delay/reverb binge, it's nuts.

I didn't think I needed/wanted anything more from PSP, then they re-released their PSP Echo, I tried it out, and WOW!  I still haven't really gotten to play with my shiny new-ish UVI Dual Delay X that I picked up a while ago when it was introduced. Then there the AAS Objeq Delay that was a free with purchase?   And now this Kilohearts freebie! (I'm sure there are some I've forgotten about too!)

This is such a great time for those of us who like to fiddle around with music...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've let go of my self entitlement in regards to paid-for plugins which are now free. Not to say that I won't ever feel cross, but I can't begrudge someone who got something for free where I have paid for it. And I can't fault a company who canges their marketingplan. I love the Kilohearts ecosystem and the way they now give A LOT of value to producers is commendable. So I paid a bit 'too much' in retrospect. I could have made my lunch at home this morning instead of going out and save a couple of bucks to offset this financial blow, but I didn't, so...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm still really curious about the move to offer so many of their previous reasonably priced plugins for FREE!

Maybe it comes from having a subscription model:

• Subscriptions offer steady income from those who don't mind subscriptions
  • Free plugins keep KiloHearts fresh in the minds of those who don't subscribe. Those people might end up buying KiloHearts' synths/FX racks/preset packs for inspiration

1 hour ago, antler said:

Free plugins keep KiloHearts fresh in the minds of those who don't subscribe. Those people might end up buying KiloHearts' synths/FX racks/preset packs for inspiration

Guilty!  ;)  It worked on me for Melda stuff too.  🙂 Ireally don't begrudge the change in marketing in the slightest. I'm happy to support this excellent dev. They are on a roll!  Keep 'em coming KiloHearts! 😁

• Like 3

On 10/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, PavlovsCat said:

Seriously, who can complain? Sure, I definitely understand how some folks who paid for stuff now free -- which includes me -- might be annoyed, but in the long run, they've added a bunch of stuff that was formerly paid that I got free, and I love the fact now someone who is short of cash can access these tools.

I can't complain...

Well actually I did, and so the very nice folks at Kilohearts sent me a $90 coupon to buy other Kilohearts stuff with!!! I had purchased some kHs snapins earlier in the year before they went free, and decided to let them hear about it shortly afterwards. :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

I can't complain...

Well actually I did, and so the very nice folks at Kilohearts sent me a $90 coupon to buy other Kilohearts stuff with!!! I had purchased some kHs snapins earlier in the year before they went free, and decided to let them hear about it. :)

That was very smart of them, IMO. They would be wise to give those who paid for plugins they made free credits. I bought a few, but I'm not going to complain. But giving credits automatically to everyone who paid for plugins they later made free would not only make past customers happy about the change,  it would provide them with  an incentive to make new purchases. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, PavlovsCat said:

That was very smart of them, IMO. They would be wise to give those who paid for plugins they made free credits. I bought a few, but I'm not going to complain. But giving credits automatically to everyone who paid for plugins they later made free would not only make past customers happy about the change,  it would provide them with  an incentive to make new purchases. 

I wouldn't mind some of those preset packs 😇

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

I wouldn't mind some of those preset packs 😇

If your plugin purchases were made reasonably close to the time they released them for free, Kilohearts will probably work with you on a "grace period". For me it worked out to a few months difference...

Edited by abacab

On 10/14/2022 at 1:24 AM, Nick Blanc said:

I've let go of my self entitlement in regards to paid-for plugins which are now free. Not to say that I won't ever feel cross, but I can't begrudge someone who got something for free where I have paid for it. And I can't fault a company who canges their marketingplan. I love the Kilohearts ecosystem and the way they now give A LOT of value to producers is commendable. So I paid a bit 'too much' in retrospect. I could have made my lunch at home this morning instead of going out and save a couple of bucks to offset this financial blow, but I didn't, so...

I bought some of their REs for Reason but now all v1 plugins are free.