Kilohearts releases Dual Delay - a free VST/AAX/AU/Snapin effect plugin

Carlos  Iglesias

On 10/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, mibby said:

Every bit of your post is true, Erik!  😁

Work and other stuff have gotten in the way of mixing this year - but NOT plugin shopping. I've been on a delay/reverb binge, it's nuts.

I didn't think I needed/wanted anything more from PSP, then they re-released their PSP Echo, I tried it out, and WOW!  I still haven't really gotten to play with my shiny new-ish UVI Dual Delay X that I picked up a while ago when it was introduced. Then there the AAS Objeq Delay that was a free with purchase?   And now this Kilohearts freebie! (I'm sure there are some I've forgotten about too!)

This is such a great time for those of us who like to fiddle around with music...

Indeed. A golden age. And there's so much great music coming out of it, especially in the various forms of electronic music.

You may have these already, I can't remember, but those Plugin Alliance mega-sales are a great time to snag Unfiltered Audio's Sandman Pro bundle, which comes with both Sandman Pro and Instant Delay, and not incidentally, the insane presets that come with them. More than one of the Unfiltered Audio FX are basically delays with something happening in the loop like pitch shift or whatever. I have the whole collection, I even have Sandman, which was their first ever plug-in. This is thanks to the aforementioned PA sales, where you can often pick up one or two for free with a $20 voucher.

I have a deep bench when it comes to weird delays:

• Surreal Machines Diffuse (got it as a freebie 5 years ago before my pivot to electronic music, I tend to forget about it, but it's kinda got a Valhalla Supermassive thing going, which is great)
  • McDSP EC300 (another freebie, 3 delay models, insane number of presets)
  • MDelayMB (freebie again, might see more use if it hadn't been utterly overshadowed by....)
  • MTurboDelay (if you only want to own one delay where you'll never reach the end of what it can do, this is it)
  • MSpectralDelay (freebie, a sweet sounding glitch-o-destructo-toy)
  • A|A|S Objeq Delay (yet another freebie, never fails to yield fascinating results, underrated I think)
  • D16 Sigmund (freebie, recurring theme, anyone? A sleeper, has a lot of sound design tricks up its sleeve, if you also got it as a freebie, revisit it, even more underrated)
  • Sphere Delay (does some nice cross feedback and modulation tricks, doesn't see as much use since I acquired all these other ones. Rhymes with "Keir Dullea")
  • T-Racks Tape Echo (still another freebie, typical excellent IK Multimedia quality, but usually shunted in favor of EC300 if I want tape delay)
  • Unfiltered Audio Instant/Sandman Pro bundle (just go ahead and get them for free or peanuts when another PA sale comes up, they're great, with the built-in Unfiltered Audio modulators section)
  • ValhallaFreqEcho (it's always free and has a frequency shifter in the feedback loop!)
  • Glitchmachines Hysteresis (always free, and as with most of my beloved Glitchmachines FX, it's not for times I have a definite goal in mind but it's joy for tempo-sync'd utter weirdness)

Notice how many of those monsters I got for free. Even the ones that are always free will provide hours of fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Indeed. A golden age. And there's so much great music coming out of it, especially in the various forms of electronic music.

Indeed! I have these delays from your list:

• Surreal Machines Diffuse
  • MSpectralDelay
  • A|A|S Objeq Delay
  • T-Racks Tape Echo
  • ValhallaFreqEcho
  • Glitchmachines Hysteresis (it's joy for tempo-sync'd utter weirdness)

And I also have:

• Waves H-Delay
  • Waves SuperTap
  • Metric Halo Dirty Delay
  • PSP cmDelay (Computer Music)
  • Stardust 201 Tape Echo (Cherry Audio)
  • T-RackS Space Delay
  • Softube Tube Delay
  • Eventide UltraTap

🤪

PS: didn't mention the kHs delays here, as that seems obvious in this thread. 👍

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, abacab said:

If your plugin purchases were made reasonably close to the time they released them for free, Kilohearts will probably work with you on a "grace period". For me it worked out to a few months difference...

Nah, my last purchase was a year ago (upgrade to Ultimate).