Cold in here without Larry

Fleer

JMO: I think its a bad idea to repost the posts of forum members taken from other forums like this, for example to make a point about the activities of a forum member. However well intentioned, I think it opens up a can of worms.

Edited by User 905133
clarifications
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, stony said:

JMO: Depicting the reality, even if sad,  is never a bad idea. And I did not do it to forward a bargain tip from a competitor...

I agree with the opinion of @User 905133, as well intended as informing us of Larry's well being may be, spotting a forum member elsewhere and re-posting their posts here could be subject to misunderstanding. He would have posted here himself if he was so inclined.

I'm sure it would suffice to say that he appears to be alive and well, and posting at KVR.

• Like 1

Any idea why he bailed? His own business, of course. I'm just curious.

As for linking to the forum where Larry is now active, as long as it's just to inform people of how to find him, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Sure, linking to his individual posts isn't fair play; if he wanted his posts to appear here, he would post here.

But it's the work of seconds to take the information and make your own post here.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Right. Wonder why that thread was locked long after it was pretty much done...?

You missed the couple of hours of excitement on it.  Several posts were deleted (and needed to be deleted), and one user was banned (and needed to be banned).  The thread should have been locked.

5 minutes ago, husker said:

You missed the couple of hours of excitement on it.  Several posts were deleted (and needed to be deleted), and one user was banned (and needed to be banned).  The thread should have been locked.

Is it appropriate to ask who was banned? Was it a long time member of the group?

• scook locked this topic