Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.08 is out (Not a Deal or maybe it is!)

ZincT

After I installed the  update ,  CbB crashed 3 times while I was mixing a client's song.  I am going to change my playback Buffer size and increase it  to 512 from the previous 256,   I usually keep my record Buffer size to 128 and my playback Buffer to 256 .    We will see...

Has anyone else incurred playback problems?

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

After I installed the  update ,  CbB crashed 3 times while I was mixing a client's song.  I am going to change my playback Buffer size and increase it  to 512 from the previous 256,   I usually keep my record Buffer size to 128 and my playback Buffer to 256 .    We will see...

Has anyone else incurred playback problems?

Also seems ok here Jesse. I have also been opening a lot of projects to decide which plugins to install first on my new PC and not had any problems on either the old or new PC.

55 minutes ago, ZincT said:

decide which plugins to install first on my new PC

Glad it's you and not me!!! LOL! :)

Just got through with that myself!! In fact there a few plugins that I haven't put back on yet. And if they haven't made yet.... Ain't looking good for 'em!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Glad it's you and not me!!! LOL! :)

Just got through with that myself!! In fact there a few plugins that I haven't put back on yet. And if they haven't made yet.... Ain't looking good for 'em!

Definitely not just you Grem :)  I think I have spent too much time collecting and not enough time recording! I am making a list to put on the KVR Sell and Buy forum.

It's also a good time to find out which plugin licenses are helpful for us folk who want to install their plugins on two PCs while migrating from one to the other. Most seem to be pretty good (e.g. Melda, iZotope, IK Multimedia, Boz...the list goes on) but I realized today that Waves only allow dual install for plugins with a current WUP (about one third of my Waves plugins). I emailed a few developers and got helpful replies but I am still awaiting one from Synchroarts re my Vocalign Pro 4 license which only allows one iLok activation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Not at all Jesse. What size project? Lots of audio? Or all just synths?

Grem,

All audio, 55 tracks exactly.

Grem, my PC can handle that easily.   I'm not sure what happened because it wasn't crashing before the update.  I just increased the playback buffer to 512 and it hasn't crashed again.

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Also seems ok here Jesse. I have also been opening a lot of projects to decide which plugins to install first on my new PC and not had any problems on either the old or new PC.

Zinc, you didn't see the post for Windows 10 Pro for $39.00.  You should have 10 Pro  on the PC.  

Get Windows 10 Pro HERE

13 hours ago, jesse g said:

Zinc, you didn't see the post for Windows 10 Pro for $39.00.  You should have 10 Pro  on the PC.  

Get Windows 10 Pro HERE

Thanks Jesse but that's what I already have installed on the new PC (the old one is still on W 10 Home and I haven't updated my sig until I have fully migrated to the new PC). 

EDIT: I have added both PCs to my sig now.

Edited by ZincT

16 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Jesse but that's what I already have installed on the new PC (the old one is still on W 10 Home and I haven't updated my sig until I have fully migrated to the new PC). 

OH,  OK. I was looking oat your signature "CbB 2020.08 (Build 100), IK Multimedia AXE I/O, Windows 10 Home 1909, Intel Core i7 3770 3.40 GHz, Gigabyte Z77 HD3 mobo, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X"