Cubase 13 is out (not a deal)

Greg

12 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I dont know about this anymore. I have a feeling this will be the year that I  teach myself DP. I keep hearing interviews of some guys I respect a lot who only use DP.

You'll probably find people you respect for every DAW. Hans Zimmer uses Cubase, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't want to go through the pain of switching to a new DAW and having to un- and realearn everything.
Out of curiosity: Which DAW are you currently using?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

You'll probably find people you respect for every DAW. Hans Zimmer uses Cubase, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't want to go through the pain of switching to a new DAW and having to un- and realearn everything.

I am on cubase 10 

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I am on cubase 10 

And you're not happy with it anymore?

Btw. one thing that I have to recommend to all Cubase users: Tonepusher on Patreon. For just 5€ you get a whole lot of Cubase project files. They're the ones that Tonepusher used to create the demos for the soundbanks. You need Serum though. I got myself Cubase LE just to be able to load them.

2 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

The list is extensive when it comes to Hollywood scoring: Hans Zimmer, Ludwig Goransson, Benjamin Wallfisch, Junkie XL, Alan Silverstri, etc. So everything from Avengers to Bladerunner to Mad Max to Top Gun to Tenet were composed in Cubase. There's a good reason for that - particularly composers with strong hybrid styles that use enormous templates. Check JXL's Youtube videos for how his templates and macros / touchscreens are setup for stuff like Wonder Woman, Mad Max, Alita Battle Angel (similar process to Zimmer). 

IMO Cubase is the most sophisticated / versatile DAW on the market. But it has an enormous learning curve to make use of it's deeper features (eg. logical editor, midi features, visibility macros, etc.). Lots of great tutorials around though.

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

The list is extensive when it comes to Hollywood scoring: Hans Zimmer, Ludwig Goransson, Benjamin Wallfisch, Junkie XL, Alan Silverstri, etc. So everything from Avengers to Bladerunner to Mad Max to Top Gun to Tenet were composed in Cubase. There's a good reason for that - particularly composers with strong hybrid styles that use enormous templates. Check JXL's Youtube videos for how his templates and macros / touchscreens are setup for stuff like Wonder Woman, Mad Max, Alita Battle Angel (similar process to Zimmer). 

IMO Cubase is the most sophisticated / versatile DAW on the market. But it has an enormous learning curve to make use of it's deeper features (eg. logical editor, midi features, visibility macros, etc.). Lots of great tutorials around though.

Sarah Schachner whose soundtrack music I adore (especially COD Infinite Warfare) also uses Cubase.  I bought 11 Pro but also bought Ableton Live simultaneously and never really tried to learn Cubase. Now I'm on Bitwig since it's a faster less buggy Ableton Live but I'm not finishing any music. Maybe I should try Cubase again. 11 is probably enough to try without upgrading first. 

• Like 1