2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

3 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Yes I have found a bug. It has to do with export. It seems that some envelopes get pegged after an export is done. I’m not sure all the details yet but I am sure export is causing it. I’ll try to look and figure out more. 

Are you using jump shapes?  Jump shapes only apply their value at the time they hit a node - anything in between effectively means "no value". 

i'm still unable to activate cakewalk2023.09! When I go to help menu and choose sign in to bandlab, it takes me to the screen and when I try to login, CbB says "account could not be verified at this time error code 1".  if i go to the site I can login just fine when cakewalk has not directed me there.

I try many things, listen many advices but nothing is working (check windows firewall, no other application running, try new login, desinstall/reinstall cakewalk, change default browser, update windows, unpdate browser....)

Everything was fine before the migration, but now, i cannot use cakewalk any more!

Edited by flangad

5 hours ago, flangad said:

i'm still unable to activate cakewalk2023.09! When I go to help menu and choose sign in to bandlab, it takes me to the screen and when I try to login, CbB says "account could not be verified at this time error code 1".  if i go to the site I can login just fine when cakewalk has not directed me there.

I try many things, listen many advices but nothing is working (check windows firewall, no other application running, try new login, desinstall/reinstall cakewalk, change default browser, update windows, unpdate browser....)

Everything was fine before the migration, but now, i cannot use cakewalk any more!

Try closing ALL browsers then open CbB and use the Help menu to sign in.

15 hours ago, flangad said:

Is there a Default browser? Until I had the default browser setting, I couldn’t activate Cake like you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Have you tried to authorized CbB after you are logged into site?

t

15 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Try closing ALL browsers then open CbB and use the Help menu to sign in.

4 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Is there a Default browser? Until I had the default browser setting, I couldn’t activate Cake like you.

Hi! yes, i've try all of this with no results.

thx

• Sad 1

MIDI track Dance)))

Existing project:

1. Added a new midi track.

2. Dragg&drop (copied) a midi clip into it.

3.  Added audio track.

4. Loaded a synth into it.

5.  I connected a midi track...

Everything sounds. But here's what happens with the graphics:

https://mega.nz/file/I7JFRAjb#ZFPTzbYFq6hbDS8VC0tiV4tzuNMFsW3qD9hxz662tt4

After the project was reloaded, the dance stopped.))

No mouse sticking.

Edited by Vyacheslav

Hi every one

I have this weird bug that when I use the Poise and UVI-workstation vst's together in 1 project, CakeWalk crashes.
While in other DAW's (Studio One/FL studio/MPC Beats) this  works just fine.

I also made a separate thread about this here:

Using the Poise & UVI workstation vst crashes CakeWalk..Help!

Is it possible for the Cakewalk team to look in to this?

Edited by Ephraim Isaac

14 hours ago, Sunshine Dreaming said:

Did you try to fully uninstall CbB, reboot and then install with the full installer ?

if that did not help, have you tried to re-install Windows?

totaly uninstall and reinstall cakewalk, yes, reinstall windows no... it would be a huge work to reinstall everything i have on the computer

On 11/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, flangad said:

totaly uninstall and reinstall cakewalk, yes, reinstall windows no... it would be a huge work to reinstall everything i have on the computer

Hi, as I told on another thread regarding offline activation,  we need that the option will be restored asap  (at the moment according to the release notes is temporary not available). With the offline activation option probably even your problem will be solved, you don't need any browser, login, cookies or worse reinstall the whole Windows...

So to the bakers, please restore it, thanks. As you can see it's not trivial...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Simple Verse said:

Can anyone confirm this update still works on Windows 7 64bit? The previous one that I still have installed works well although I know even that was not "officially" meant to work on W7.

Still work. 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:47 PM, Vyacheslav said:

MIDI track Dance)))

Existing project:

1. Added a new midi track.

2. Dragg&drop (copied) a midi clip into it.

3.  Added audio track.

4. Loaded a synth into it.

5.  I connected a midi track...

Everything sounds. But here's what happens with the graphics:

https://mega.nz/file/I7JFRAjb#ZFPTzbYFq6hbDS8VC0tiV4tzuNMFsW3qD9hxz662tt4

After the project was reloaded, the dance stopped.))

No mouse sticking.

Wrong!. 1. insert an instrument track  with that synth that you need. 2. copy/drag and drop the midi clip. Done!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:43 AM, msmcleod said:

Are you using jump shapes?  Jump shapes only apply their value at the time they hit a node - anything in between effectively means "no value". 

No the envelopes are pegged all the way across the track. The nodes are still there from my edits, but the envelope it in the ceiling. I still haven’t figured out how this happens. Still trying to figure it out. It ends up happening to several tracks simultaneously sometimes.