2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the 2023.09 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

2023.09 Release Notes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, Morten Saether said:

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the 2023.09 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

2023.09 Release Notes

Thanks Morten!

It appears we of the final EA don't need to run any more updates. The last EA is the final release! Yay!

Thanks for all your (and the team's) hard work!

Looking forward to the future of the NEW Sonar by Cakewalk soon to appear!

Best of luck to all!

• Like 3

Am I the only one here? Feels strange.

Friend tried to login to bandlab Assistant but was unable. Back end changes?

Now 2 hours he's still waiting for activation!

What's up?

Ahhh! At last! He just texted me that it finally cleared!

Wow! Think the server's a bit overloaded?

Edited by Keni

1 minute ago, bitman said:

Havn't updated, expect I will have to someday.

Thanks for everything Bakers, it's been real.

If you plan on continuing to use CbB you will have to as very soon as all older versions will no longer function due to back end changes...

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Am I the only one here? Feels strange.

Friend tried to login to bandlab Assistant but was unable. Back end changes?

Now 2 hours he's still waiting for activation!

What's up?

Ahhh! At last! He just texted me that it finally cleared!

Wow! Think the server's a bit overloaded?

How it works myside everytime: I have to sign in through the .com site first before going to the DAW>Help>Sign in.  

But lets digress. We need to keep this topic STRICTLY for feedback on the 2023.09 release. Sign in issues are not related to this thread. 🙂

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Will. said:

How it works myside everytime: I have to sign in through the .com site first before going to the DAW>Help>Sign in.  

But lets digress. We need to keep this topic STRICTLY for feedback on the 2023.09 release. Sign in issues are not related to this thread. 🙂

Incorrect at the moment Will. This was an event that occured while doing an update and re-activation of this release. My friend waited over 2 hours for his re-activation to process and with no feedback from anywhere, was searching to comply with message received citing "please login to bandlab for reactivation"

Edited by Keni
  • Sad 1

Well, I believe the registration issue is totally related.
This is related to this update.
I do have a registration issue.
I click on Help -> Sign in to Bandlab and nothing happens.
After a little while I get the blue notification (bottom right corner) that Sign-in Timed Out.

I never had any registration problem before so I'm at lost here.

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Yves Chaput said:

Well, I believe the registration issue is totally related.
This is related to this update.
I do have a registration issue.
I click on Help -> Sign in to Bandlab and nothing happens.
After a little while I get the blue notification (bottom right corner) that Sign-in Timed Out.

I never had any registration problem before so I'm at lost here.

Unless I’m mistaken, the system is just behaving extremely slow. Maybe overwhelmed by the number of simultaneous users requesting the same service?

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Bandlab assistant hasn't been used by Cakewalk for login for more than a year and a half. It will no longer work for activating Cakewalk. All sign in must be done within the app from the help menu.

Thanks Noel...

I understand. I was reporting what a friend was doing as I can’t get him to use the forum.

Out of frustration waiting so long fir activation and misleading popups he received, he was grasping at straws. I told him just to wait and be patient, but waiting hours was too much for him. Possibly for me too if I was in that position.

He's fine now BTW...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Bandlab assistant hasn't been used by Cakewalk for login for more than a year and a half. It will no longer work for activating Cakewalk. All sign in must be done within the app from the help menu.

I deleted Bandlab Assisant and although I've had no trouble updating CbB and I'm signed into the App I can no longer view the Bandlab website

It tried to take me there to show me what's new with the  update and it's just blank

image.thumb.png.fb3b416c75d365a1ef116903b7067f2b.png

40 minutes ago, Artie Choke said:

Do 28 first and then 29 over top of it.

So hopefully 28 won't need "activated" before 29 is installed over it?  Since 28 won't be activatable any longer.

BTW, just successfully "refreshed" my 2022.11 so should be good till March??

Edited by sjoens
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

So hopefully 28 won't need "activated" before 29 is installed over it?  Since 28 won't be activatable any longer.

I just done it before I posted the above post on 2 machines, on the first machine just for giggles, I could activate 28, but the second machine I didn't even try

Edited by Artie Choke

4 hours ago, sjoens said:

Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_29.09.0.062.exe

Since this is an "update", will it install on a new machine by itself, or will Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_28.11.0.013.exe need to be installed 1st?  With or without all prior updates?

If you run the Cakewalk download tool (not BandLab Assistant) it will download the full installer version for a fresh system 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

Activation or signing in isnt a requirement to do updates. Just do a check for updates and it should find the new update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1