Morten Saether

34 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

System specific?
That would be my guess.
How to fix it? Yikes!

t

Thanks Tom...

Possibly.

This is my only machine running this update of CbB... My other machine is far behind (good self-reminder to update it already?) and my other machines far too old....

It's not the end of the world if it's as simple as waiting the extra few seconds to load, it's more knowing it's ok, be patient and wait.... That's hard! 😉

As I said previously, when it actually did lock up my machine a couple of times (previous release) that brought me to even pay much attention to this possible issue. Thankfully it has not done that with the latest/final update...

OK. I'm off too bootup my older win8.1 system and update CbB there too!

Keni

...Ha! That was painless. win8.1 DAW, I updated both the program and the offline help then needed to signin to Bandlab which of course I expected having not done so on that machine in quite some time, but it activated instantly with my signin...

Excellent!

Edited by Keni

2 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the SHIFT forces a horizontal or vertical lock on direction so if you want the copy to stay aligned with the track or the time bar, adding the shift while copying is useful.

Thank you, but the combination CTRL - SHIFT - MOUSE in my installation does cause horizontal/vertical locking, in addition to copying the content than when selected.

Apart from this evaluation, were you able to reproduce the error that happened to me?

5 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the SHIFT forces a horizontal or vertical lock on direction so if you want the copy to stay aligned with the track or the time bar, adding the shift while copying is useful.

Tested this now, Ctrl alone pretty much do the same thing

I probably have it as a shortcut which i changed long time ago. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

FLAC export is not working as it was before this update.
it exports to some file and writes 86bytes, but then says it is busy or read only, if you try to write it anyway - it closes.
the file attached, the name of file looks like n1-just-file4-e
and this project was a year ago or something, the new project with few plugins has rendered alright .
and if you change the name to a next one - it will work too.

it is a live render and there are 2 processes Live Prod - maybe they have some conflict.

st-vc4.flac

Edited by OeAi

Hi, I'm wondering why I can't find an answer to my question about the error when I load a project from the playlist and the loop that I made between several measures before saving the project is disable. I have hoped that with the latest updates it would be fixed, but that does not happen and there is no response from the developers. At least I would like to know if they have considered correcting this error.

Thanks.

After crashing twice in a row attempting to freeze a track, opening CbB took near 30 seconds as opposed to the usual 3-5 or even long taking 10....

I was ready to relax about it and simply wait it out seeing 10 seconds appeared the longest, but this time 30?

I don't understand but right now I've gotta figure out why it's repeatedly crashing instantly hitting the freeze button. I will begin by removing one little used but now thinking that's on a send buss?

More investigation needed. This is a simple 8-bar mono guitar (DI) running through Amplitube 5

I've never had this happen before. Cake drops like a hot rock. No crash warning etc, jut gone!

Only unusual plugin is in the fx bin of a bus to which this track is sending. That's first to be removed in this experiment...

OK... This one is a surprise. Turns out it's Amplitube 5 that crashes attempting to freeze. New here. Going to substitute Amplitube 4 and see...

OK... Back to the drawing board. No answers.

I rebooted, loaded CbB and song, once again attempting to freeze Amp5 and it crashed...

Re-opened CbB and song, replaced Amp5 with Amp4 and the track freezes fine...

Replaced Amp4 back up to Amp5 and guess what?

The track froze correctly!

...those little gremlins are getting tricky!

Keni

Edited by Keni

OK... This is really crazy...

I just opened the same song to work.

I unfroze the guitar track and ctl-drag copied the clip  (8bar) on it.

Then went to re-freeze and once again CbB is crashing from Amplitube 5.

I'm gonna go back re-launch CbB,

Open the same song file,

replace Amp5 with Amp 4

and begin the replacement process I posted in my previous message about this issue (above) I know I'll get it to freeze again after enough changes between plugins as I did before. .. or at least I believe I will. This is frustrating. I avoided both Amp4 and Amp5 continuing to use Amp3 being so much more resource efficient and still decent sounding.  Then I moved up to my new DAW with win10 (I was on win9.1 on my previous DAW), I discovered I can't get Amp3 authorized here. Another calamity of the changeover to Microsoft control of signing ID and all it's issues.

So I switched to Amp4 and all is well except that I lose a few amp models that for whatever reason(s)  didn't make the transition over from Amp3 so I began to think, I might as well move up to Amp5 where I have more available than Amp4.... which brought me here today.

I do like the sound I'm getting from Amp5 better than the closest I've come to same setup in Amp4 but at least it freezes ok.

Is anyone else experiencing freeze issues with Amplitube 5?

Keni

Oh yeah, things are stranger yet...

I did my best to repro the successful procedure I used earlier and it disn't work, so I though about it and remembered an error that happened while doing the successful event.

That was accidentally, I loaded both Amp4 & Amp5 into the fx bin before realizing it and then deleted Amp4 to fianlly get a successful  freeze of Amp5....

And that now worked twice as a work around here it is boiled down

Work my part enjoying Amp5, then (this will require a bit more experimentation to see what I can .successfully trim out of it) Place Amp4 into the FX rack with it and then see if removing Amp4 then allows Amp5 to freeze. If not, the longer and now twice successful method was to replace Amp5 with Amp4, Freeze, unfreeze, replace Amp4 with Amp5 and finally get Amp5 frozen! <sheesh!>

Am I the only hangout using Amplitube 5? ...or at least trying to?

Edited by Keni

38 minutes ago, Keni said:

Open the same song file,

replace Amp5 with Amp 4

and begin the replacement process I posted in my previous message about this issue (above) I know I'll get it to freeze again after enough changes between plugins as I did before. .. or at least I believe I will. This is frustrating. I avoided both Amp4 and Amp5 continuing to use Amp3 being so much more resource efficient and still decent sounding.  Then I moved up to my new DAW with win10 (I was on win9.1 on my previous DAW), I discovered I can't get Amp3 authorized here. Another calamity of the changeover to Microsoft control of signing ID and all it's issues.

So I switched to Amp4 and all is well except that I lose a few amp models that for whatever reason(s)  didn't make the transition over from Amp3 so I began to think, I might as well move up to Amp5 where I have more available than Amp4.... which brought me here today.

I do like the sound I'm getting from Amp5 better than the closest I've come to same setup in Amp4 but at least it freezes ok.

Keni

Keni, I just happen to be working on a song with A5.  I froze the track and unfroze it with no problems.  Your problem may be system specific?

57 minutes ago, Keni said:

Open the same song file,

replace Amp5 with Amp 4

Keni

Oh yeah, things are stranger yet...

I did my best to repro the successful procedure I used earlier and it disn't work, so I though about it and remembered an error that happened while doing the successful event.

That was accidentally, I loaded both Amp4 & Amp5 into the fx bin before realizing it and then deleted Amp4 to fianlly get a successful  freeze of Amp5....

And that now worked twice as a work around here it is boiled down

Work my part enjoying Amp5, then (this will require a bit more experimentation to see what I can .successfully trim out of it) Place Amp4 into the FX rack with it and then see if removing Amp4 then allows Amp5 to freeze. If not, the longer and now twice successful method was to replace Amp5 with Amp4, Freeze, unfreeze, replace Amp4 with Amp5 and finally get Amp5 frozen! <sheesh!>

Am I the only hangout using Amplitube 5? ...or at least trying to?

Try rescanning your plugins through prefs (vst scan) before freezing and see if that makes a difference.

43 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Keni, I just happen to be working on a song with A5.  I froze the track and unfroze it with no problems.  Your problem may be system specific?

I just tried something that seems to have worked but it will take some more times trying this to verify.

Normally the fastest latency I run here is 128 but I had it raised to 512 to deal with the use of Amp5 in this situation.

I just lowered the latency back to 128 and Amp5 froze fine this time?

28 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Try rescanning your plugins through prefs (vst scan) before freezing and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

I may try that too at some point. I hate running the scanner... and this plugin has been working fine here for quite some time. That's why I'm posting in the feedback thread instead of general Cakewalk forum

28 minutes ago, sjoens said:

I've found letting CbB scan for plugs when opening doesn't always refresh them properly. Only after manually running a scan do some behave right or even show up.

Thanks...

Interesting that both you and gustabo immediately thought about the scanning...

As I mentioned in my reply to him, I hate running the scanner and don't allow it to run on startup.

This plugin had been freezing fine here until this so the scan should still be what it was.

I'm more leaning towards my recent ability to freeze after lowering the latency back from the unusual here (512) to the usual 128 but I need another experiment to verify if this indeed changed things...

OK... Verified I believe. I closed CbB, then reopened it, loaded the song, unfroze and successfully refroze Amp5 while latency set at 128!

Edited by Keni

3 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Thanks Lynn.

I don’t know if you've read my other responses about this, but I verified that A5 is crashing here when I attempt to freeze at a latency of 512. When I change back to my usual 128, the crashing stops..

I went back to 512 to verify and sure enough, crash!

back to 128 and it froze as expected.

2 hours ago, Keni said:

I went back to 512 to verify and sure enough, crash!

back to 128 and it froze as expected.

You can force CbB to use the smaller "chunk" size for offline rendering by setting a non-zero value for BounceBufSizeMsec in Configuration File. Most plugins actually do better with higer values, but you could set 3msec (132 samples at 44,1kHz). When BounceBufSizeMsec=0, the default, CbB uses the ASIO buffer size for offline rendering.

I've been running BounceBufSizeMsec=20  (960 samples at 48kHz) for years without a problem. I originally raised it because Rapture had issues at low buffer sizes.

FWIW, I played around with freezing Amptitube and didn't see a problem at any buffer size.

• Great Idea 1

On 10/24/2023 at 2:24 PM, Jordi said:

I'm wondering why I can't find an answer to my question about the error when I load a project from the playlist and the loop that I made between several measures before saving the project is disable.

For me, this setting is saved when I save the project.