No Cruise...Boooooooooooooooo

cclarry

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Well, since I lost that cruise I was just able to book another cruise on MSC out of New York in January...
which doesn't thrill me, but it's an 11 night instead of an 8 night, and it only cost me $589 TOTAL!!!

Yay! A happy ending to the story! Also, I'm still envious! :)

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Well, since I lost that cruise I was just able to book another cruise on MSC out of New York in January...
which doesn't thrill me, but it's an 11 night instead of an 8 night, and it only cost me $589 TOTAL!!!

Great. Always there for a better deal. Did you get that price through Best Service or JRRShop?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, cclarry said:

Sounds like a great deal - hope it works out this time 🤞

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lawajava said:

You’ve got a good story here about the value of travel insurance.

I think travel insurance is a good deal for peace of mind when you have to make all those non-refundable non-changeable reservations .  It sure saved us on one big family trip. If you don't have it though, you might get something out of your credit card provider.  We got stranded on the far end of a trip when Braniff went bankrupt for the last time (yep, I'm old).  Citibank covered the cost for the same-day purchase of United tickets to get us all home, so we didn't lose a dime. (They were the card I used for the cheap Braniff tix).

7 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Sometimes you'll say one or the other.  I'm curious what influences that?

It's strictly up to JRR. The standard coupon is "groupbuyauto" which takes off 15% and is usually
applied automatically in cart.  If that coupon shows in the cart, then the GROUP code will knock
off the extra 1%.  If the "groupbuyauto" code doesn't show, ,then either coupons aren't allowed,
or the FORUM code will work, but it's a crap-shoot!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:12 PM, cclarry said:

Is that $589 Extra to what you had already paid to increase from 8 to 11 days, or is that a straight $589 for 11 days - if its $589 total for 11 days, can you please find out if they accept permanent residents😎

Have a great time

Nigel

• Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Bajan Blue said:

Is that $589 Extra to what you had already paid to increase from 8 to 11 days, or is that a straight $589 for 11 days - if its $589 total for 11 days, can you please find out if they accept permanent residents😎

Have a great time

Nigel

That was $589 TOTAL...$389 Cruise Fare and $200 port costs and taxes!
I should get my previous cruise paid for by my insurance...still waiting to hear back,
which could take up to 14 days, but I've submitted all of my receipts