No Cruise...Boooooooooooooooo

cclarry

On 9/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, cclarry said:

So making a long story short....I didn't make it to New York due to flight cancellations (multiple)
and it was quite the ordeal.  Friday morning I checked in for my flight, and Friday night I double
checked everything before going to bed.  I woke up at 3:30 am to get to the airport, and upon
checking my emails found that my flight to LaGuardia had been cancelled!  So I immediately PANIC!
Then calm down and call American Airlines and explain that I have to be in New York for my cruise TODAY!
After being on hold for about an hour, they finally get me on another flight that has a layover in Charlotte
and leaves at 1 pm and arrives at JFK at 6:30 PM.  So I'll miss my bus tour, dinner, and broadway show
but still make the cruise.  So off to the airport I go.  Flight to Charlotte is on time and I arrive there at
3:08 pm!  YAY!  But, during the flight, I get 2 separate notifications that my flight to JFK has been delayed.
So now I'm arriving even later in the evening in New York.  So while sitting waiting for the next flight I get
3 more notifications that my flight has been delayed, and ultimately the LAST notification is that it has been
cancelled!!!  Now what?  So I go through a long line and they ultimately put me on "Standby" for an 8:30 pm
flight to LaGuardia.  So, while I'm waiting for that flight, it ALSO get's cancelled!!!  Back to the LOOOOOOOOOOONG line.
They tell me that the only flight now available to New York is Sunday evening or Monday.  I explain that I have to 
be in New York before 9 am to board my cruise.  They tell me that there is nothing that they can do!  So I tell them
that that won't work and to just get me a flight back to Detroit.  

They look for flight back to Detroit and get me on one at 7:30 am Sunday morning.  So I spend the night in the
Airport and get on my flight home and arrive back in Detroit at 9 am, and get home by 10 am.
Thankfully  I have Travel Insurance so I should get reimbursed for EVERYTHING!!!

What a fiasco!

Omg lol 

The real question is what is you cholesterol / diabete rate after that stress ? lol 

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, Everyone seems to like Duplicate these days, Ask Fleer, PavlovsCat, and TheSeven!

I've even had private message replies duplicate.

I think they've cut costs and put us on a discount server plan...  It's painful sometimes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1