[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

Installed it.

I'm only seeing one issue and it's with Exporting Audio not retaining the Bit Depth settings between Cakewalk sessions.

1. Open file menu and select Export / Audio
  2. Select File Type as Wave (if not already selected)
  3. Select Sample Rate as 44100 (have not checked if issue happens with other Sample Rates
  4. Change BIT DEPTH from 32 Bit to 16
  5. Export 
  6. Close Cakewalk

When you reopen Cakewalk and go to export audio the Bit Depth is once again 32 bit.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but an old heavy user of CbB. Thanks to the whole team and community for making Cakewalk by Bandlab possible.

Here I have a question about the imminent last version:

"Version 2023.09 currently does not support offline activation, so your computer must be online to activate it."

Does that mean we only need to be online just for activation or also to be able to use Cakewalk?

Greetings from Argentina!

8 minutes ago, Agus Monk said:

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but an old heavy user of CbB. Thanks to the whole team and community for making Cakewalk by Bandlab possible.

Here I have a question about the imminent last version:

"Version 2023.09 currently does not support offline activation, so your computer must be online to activate it."

Does that mean we only need to be online just for activation or also to be able to use Cakewalk?

Greetings from Argentina!

Only need to be online for the activation.
Though at some point the program will need to be reactivated (I forget what the time period is) and then you'll need to be online to re-activate.

On 8/31/2023 at 6:19 PM, Tom Bongiorno said:

It's there..... You have to uninstall the program and reinstall from band lab to reverse

screenshot-discuss.cakewalk.com-2023.08.31-19_18_29.png

Can someone please explain exactly how to uninstall the program? Does this mean unintalling Cakewalk?

I'm having a HUGE problem since this update. Saving a project normally takes less than 10 seconds, now it's taking about 2 mins!

It saves bundle copies fine however.

I've been working on my current project for months so Im freaking out. I didn't learn about setting up a restore point til now. So I think my only option is to uninstall & reinstall the progam. Unless someone knows how to fix this project saving issue. Please help!

43 minutes ago, T Boog said:

Can someone please explain exactly how to uninstall the program? Does this mean unintalling Cakewalk?

I'm having a HUGE problem since this update. Saving a project normally takes less than 10 seconds, now it's taking about 2 mins!

It saves bundle copies fine however.

I've been working on my current project for months so Im freaking out. I didn't learn about setting up a restore point til now. So I think my only option is to uninstall & reinstall the progam. Unless someone knows how to fix this project saving issue. Please help!

Well, I uninstalled then reinstalled Cakewalk and I see the update is still there. Now its taking about 5 mins to save. I'm super stressed about this. Will I have to scrap months of work? I can't wait 5 mins every time I press save! What do I do guys?

2 hours ago, T Boog said:

Well, I uninstalled then reinstalled Cakewalk and I see the update is still there. Now its taking about 5 mins to save. I'm super stressed about this. Will I have to scrap months of work? I can't wait 5 mins every time I press save! What do I do guys?

Do a rollback. Not a new install. Stop installing this new EA. 

I dare to voice a proposal: since this version will be the last for the current Cakewalk by Bandlab, it would be excellent to have a FULL offline installer in order not to depend on the availability of the latest release. I'm sure that publishing the full installer will not be difficult for the baker team, and all Cakewalk users would be grateful for this!
Thank you very much for your work, I am happy to work in the best and most convenient DAW for creating and editing music!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

If you wish to continue to use CbB, you must update to the 2023.09 version when it is released to the public. Earlier versions will cease to activate in the future.

Funny nobody commented on this. 

I have been out of town helping my son move (no internet!). So that's my excuse for not commenting.  I can't speak for anyone else.

It is one of the first thing I noticed upon reading the EA Release post.  (1) My initial reaction was: It makes sense; (2) I have formed some speculation as to why; (3) I anticipated some backlash to this; and (4) I said to myself, "I hope there isn't a flood of anxiety-ridden whiney posts about this. I "hate" when people do that."

Sorry to see you were disappointed that no one commented.  😉 

11 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Installed it.

I'm only seeing one issue and it's with Exporting Audio not retaining the Bit Depth settings between Cakewalk sessions.

1. Open file menu and select Export / Audio
  2. Select File Type as Wave (if not already selected)
  3. Select Sample Rate as 44100 (have not checked if issue happens with other Sample Rates
  4. Change BIT DEPTH from 32 Bit to 16
  5. Export 
  6. Close Cakewalk

When you reopen Cakewalk and go to export audio the Bit Depth is once again 32 bit.

But depth is not retained between sessions. You have to save a preset if you want specific settings.

• Like 4

To the people who where in the middle of important projects who installed the early access version- why did you do that?  Did you read the terms and what an early access version is about? It’s so long time users can test it and find bugs before the developers release it to the public That I’m afraid is you.
 So please don’t complain if you find what you think is a bug. Report it. That is what you agreed to do by installing it. 
Myself I’m also in the middle of an album and no way I’m putting that sucker on my main DAW machine. I’m testing it on a second computer and so far it’s actually very boring as there’s nothing really different in my world .  

This is really a maintenance release to fix accumulated bugs from 2022 forward . There’s no reason to install it other that helping the developers do there job. 

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

All products from Cakewalk require activation. This has always been a requirement. 
In preparation for our new products there have been some changes on the back end, hence the previous statement that older versions won't work anymore. 

But I want to continue working in version 2020.4 build 151!!! I don't need any other newer one! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

20 minutes ago, Wookiee said:
27 minutes ago, Vyacheslav said:

But I want to continue working in version 2020.4 build 151!!! I don't need any other newer one! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

Don't update simple. You don't have to.

But that's not how we read it. The wording suggests that all previous versions won't activate further once this final release is out. May be unintentional but anyway that's how it sounds:

On 8/31/2023 at 7:59 PM, Morten Saether said:

CbB will eventually be discontinued as future development and support will transition to the upcoming Cakewalk Sonar release. If you wish to continue to use CbB, you must update to the 2023.09 version when it is released to the public. Earlier versions will cease to activate in the future.

19 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

In preparation for our new products there have been some changes on the back end, hence the previous statement that older versions won't work anymore.

In addition they are clear about discontinuing this final version as well, eventually.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]