[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

23 hours ago, norfolkmastering said:

Thanks Mark.  Would you mind please checking if it is related to a possible issue with the API which seems to be reporting only the stereo port friendly name when a track send is routed to a mono port.  Many thanks.

22 hours ago, msmcleod said:

They're totally unrelated.

Thanks Mark.

Would you be okay to log the issue that the surface API is reporting only the stereo port friendly name when a track send is routed to a mono output, for fixing in Sonar please?

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Vyacheslav said:

Cake's projects are performing very poorly in Platinum. So yes - these are slightly different programs.

This is a completely natural phenomenon when, in older versions of even the same program, new projects are harder and slower, because the purpose of updates is to refine old versions, optimize the consumption of system resources, etc. The program, at its core, remains the same, it’s just now more powerful, more flexible and more “packed” with modern tools for music production, and it’s completely logical that in the old version of Sonar, all these new features cannot work as easily as in older versions.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Vyacheslav said:

Cake and Platinum are very different in features and performance. I doubt that comparing them can give a real picture.

I was only referring to the slowness of Ozone's tooltips. It's the same in Platinum so it appears to be a "feature" of the plugin and is not new to this release in any case. Otherwise, as I said, I'm not seeing any other "sluggishness" in this release. So whatever that user has going on is likely project- or environment-specific. At the very least, the Bakers will need a copy of the offending project with steps to reproduce the issue and a description of actual vs. expected results.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

Ozone 8 (if that's the version the OP is using) has a weird issue with the VST UI and screen resolution. the problem is the Ozone VST UI has to have a very specific resolution (i think it was 1920x1080) and anything outside of that (e.g. 1920x1200) the performance was horrible. it was fixed with a later version (Ozone 9).

• Like 2

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
On 9/19/2023 at 8:52 PM, Hugh Blaney said:

Since I have updated to EA Build 62 I have noticed that the App now seems to have slowed down a lot. Plugins seem sluggish when repositioning them on-screen. I have read other posts describing the same behaviour.

I noticed sluggishness mostly in the plugin browser in Cakewalk - when clicking on different plugins from the list I get sluggish response that will get worse with time. But I had it already in previous versions so it's not related to this update, for me.

Can you point me where are the other posts, if somewhere else on the forum maybe I can look in there for solutions, otherwise no hopes for fixing it in this thread anymore :(. Thx