New: Waves Scheps Omni Channel 2

cclarry

On 7/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

I have non WUP v13 of the Omni. Seems to me that $13.41 to upgrade to V2 through WUP is quite reasonable.

I also did the WUP for Omni1 and had to wait for an email from Waves, which gave me a serieal number for Omni Channel 2!

Edited by Charles Czerny
Mistake

35 minutes ago, Charles Czerny said:

I also did the WUP for Omni1 and had to wait for an email from Waves, which gave me a serieal number for Omni Channel 2!

Please check your Waves Account- > Get latest version. Mine was stored there to WUP.

Do we think Waves will realize it's 2023 and up the sample rate limits and add user controlled oversampling to their plugins?  For the Omni Channel I was hoping they would have addressed this in V2, but nope.  The saturation module of this plugin aliases like a mofo.  A lot of times aliasing can go unnoticed, unfortunately not in this case.  Good thing they are letting us load third party plugins in this plugin.  I'm not trying to open a whole aliasing discussion, just wanted to mention that Waves seems out of touch with current trends in plugins and wanted to know how others felt.

image.thumb.png.a18bfb099ed2ebd8f7cb64c716f062c5.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

Do we think Waves will realize it's 2023 and up the sample rate limits and add user controlled oversampling to their plugins?  For the Omni Channel I was hoping they would have addressed this in V2, but nope.  The saturation module of this plugin aliases like a mofo.  A lot of times aliasing can go unnoticed, unfortunately not in this case.  Good thing they are letting us load third party plugins in this plugin.  I'm not trying to open a whole aliasing discussion, just wanted to mention that Waves seems out of touch with current trends in plugins and wanted to know how others felt.

image.thumb.png.a18bfb099ed2ebd8f7cb64c716f062c5.png

I'm happy that I have absolutely no issues running Waves plugins in my old 2015 computer.

I must confess. I just coughed up $13 and my self-respect and... (cough cough)

...and I

.... eh-hem!   

...I ,  I WUPped.   I just sent my payment to Koby at everyPlugin.com to WUP my Scheps Omni Channel plugin...   😳

...🧐

...😕

...🥺

image.png.935bd66bdc9d2a7499bb73bfc93b7c8d.png

A plague o' both your houses Waves and Andrew!  

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I tried to use Omni channel, but it never felt right. Don’t know if I want to put the time into V2.  
Upgraders - What do you think?

IMHO, I think it's about the most comprehensive and versatile channel strip out there (other than Infinistrip or Mixbox) which has some good presets to get you jump started - and now it's even better and definitely worth a $13 upgrade or the $25 price if you're willing to put up with Waves. Now whether or not a channel strip works for your workflow, that's a personal preference.

• Like 1

Thanks mibby, I guess I need to try it again.  I have mixbox and infinity strip and don’t use them either. I am a waves Mercury guy.  I use Waves, PA and FFilter in all my projects. I don’t do WUP till I feel it is a necessity. I guess the $13 is not bad. 
Thanks

On 7/22/2023 at 2:40 AM, Max Arwood said:

I tried to use Omni channel, but it never felt right. Don’t know if I want to put the time into V2.  
Upgraders - What do you think?

I was mainly using Omni Channel for the De-essers, but after I learned how to use a combination of Renaissance plugins to create my own De-esser, I no longer feel the need to buy it.  The combination was using a EQ to find the frequency of the Esses on a duplicate track and feed it into a compressor on the side chain of actual track that would lower the volume of the Essing when ever it happens.

Also, what's stopping me from buying is that if there's ever a need for a few of their plugins, I could always just buy the subscription for that month instead of spending a hundreds of dollars or so.  The Clarity products are my reasons for that.  Clarity VX De-Reverb Pro is the best of all products I've tried so far.  If I ever need to use it, I'll just buy subscription for that month instead of paying for it.  It's rare of I ever need it... I end up talking myself out of buying anything because if I really need anything, I could buy subscription, but end up finding a alternative method.  If they ever lowered the price of their Clarity PRO products to $29 and began thier $29 dollar events, I would be probably buying Plugins again.  Placing products out of my reach has pretty much halted my buying power.

I have to watch every dollar I spend.

• Like 1