New: Waves Scheps Omni Channel 2

cclarry

OK, I admit.  I'm tempted on this one.   They added the ability to run any 3rd party VSTs to the extra slot.   But that means I'd have to eat my words to not buy another Waves plugin, and that means I'd have to run the post-subscription updater, which means I'd probably lose a few days trying to get my system running again...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mibby said:

OK, I admit.  I'm tempted on this one.   They added the ability to run any 3rd party VSTs to the extra slot.   But that means I'd have to eat my words to not buy another Waves plugin, and that means I'd have to run the post-subscription updater, which means I'd probably lose a few days trying to get my system running again...

It a big NO for me after their extra royal shafting of customers and their resellers. Too soon for me to let them off the hook. It's a shame, as there were 1 or 2 plugins from them I had been considering right before they tried to pull the whole subscription only shady switch on people.

• Like 5

I checked my account and my Scheps Omnichannel was automatically upgraded to V2 (it was under active WUP)

edit: received a mail from Waves that says "If you already own Scheps Omni Channel v14 (as a single plugin or in the Mercury, Pro Show, or SD7 Pro Show bundles), or have current Waves Update Plan coverage for the plugin or the relevant bundle, you can get Scheps Omni Channel 2 FREE when you update your plugin or bundle license"

Edited by Pollux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

I checked my account and my Scheps Omnichannel was automatically upgraded to V2 (it was under active WUP)

edit: received a mail from Waves that says "If you already own Scheps Omni Channel v14 (as a single plugin or in the Mercury, Pro Show, or SD7 Pro Show bundles), or have current Waves Update Plan coverage for the plugin or the relevant bundle, you can get Scheps Omni Channel 2 FREE when you update your plugin or bundle license"

My Omnichannel was also upgraded. It was out of WUP but still on version 14. 

Always like the original Omni Channel.

Lots of useful tools in the plugin.

ie: The two de-essers are great for multiple things... including reducing guitar string squeaks.

I like the way Andrew Scheps goes thru the plugin in the demo video.

Real-world examples showing the utility of the plugin.

My Omni Channel isn't currently under WUP... but (IMO) it's worth the $29 to grab v2.

Of late, it seems cheaper to just purchase a discounted (new) version... vs maintaining WUP.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Always like the original Omni Channel.

Lots of useful tools in the plugin.

ie: The two de-essers are great for multiple things... including reducing guitar string squeaks.

I like the way Andrew Scheps goes thru the plugin in the demo video.

Real-world examples showing the utility of the plugin.

My Omni Channel isn't currently under WUP... but (IMO) it's worth the $29 to grab v2.

Of late, it seems cheaper to just purchase a discounted (new) version... vs maintaining WUP.

It is a bit cheaper on Everyplugin. 

$25.99

https://everyplugin.com/scheps-omni-2.html

Edited by ralfrobert
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sergio said:
35 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Included in WUPed Mercury! 

I corrected that for you 😀

I have v1 not WUPed. The WUP for it is $13.41 and it already shows v2 in the list.

image.png.15020b7003848a8aee527b943a3edbd0.png

Not technically true. Even unWUPed Mercury at V14 gets the upgrade.  Of course, yours would need  a WUPing because you are at V10. 

8 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not technically true. Even unWUPed Mercury at V14 gets the upgrade.  Of course, yours would need  a WUPing because you are at V10. 

Ops.... I forgot that possibility. Sorry 😇

5 minutes ago, LittleStudios said:

My Omni Channel was V10.... so for $12, I WUP'ed.  I actually enjoy the plugin, so yeah.  I'm not proud that I WUP'ed. 

You are forgiven. :) I only have Ren Bundle from Waves, but always wanted to give the channel strip a try. It seems to be very feature rich and complete. Any more opinions? Please talk me out of it. :)