Anyone know where to find singers that will sing your song as a collabboration?

El Diablo

So, I'm figuring out my voice isn't really a good voice for singing.  I can create music and write new songs, but my voice isn't on par with even average singers.

I'm trying to see where would be the best place to find singers whom are either just starting out or those whom didn't make it yet can sing basically average or a hobbyist singer.

I am a hobbyist looking for hobbyist.  I'm not in anyway trying to spend money for a singer, as I know where to pay for singers.

Just want to see if I can find a hobbyist singer whom just loves to sing new songs.

Anyone know a good direction, as Google hasn't helped me much or I'm not typing in the correct words into Google for it to help me correctly?

Many Thanks!

I hear you about the singing!  My voice was good for being a DJ and for some voice-overs but, singing?  Not so much!  😆

I wouldn't be surprised if you find what you're looking for here.  The last collab I did (many years ago) was with someone in another forum and we found a member there to sing.  I was in the Southern California, the other guy was near London and the singer was in Belgium!  Coordination was a bit tedious back then.

Now, with several ways to talk to each other online (Zoom, Skype, etc.) you can interact and work things out then exchange stems in all sorts of ways (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive or, my favorite, using FTP to a website).

I know there have been several of these setups here.  Although there aren't as many ladies here anymore, we've had some excellent vocalists in the past (one was Julibee who I was getting set up to work with right when I lost everything, including my music studio, back in 2009...).  That girl could sing Paganini!  (She sent me a demo!)

Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 1:46 PM, El Diablo said:

So, I'm figuring out my voice isn't really a good voice for singing.  I can create music and write new songs, but my voice isn't on par with even average singers.

I'm trying to see where would be the best place to find singers whom are either just starting out or those whom didn't make it yet can sing basically average or a hobbyist singer.

I am a hobbyist looking for hobbyist.  I'm not in anyway trying to spend money for a singer, as I know where to pay for singers.

Just want to see if I can find a hobbyist singer whom just loves to sing new songs.

Anyone know a good direction, as Google hasn't helped me much or I'm not typing in the correct words into Google for it to help me correctly?

Why not trying to get contact to vocalists  inside the bandlab community?

I'm in a comparable situation with my songs. 

There have  been some Cakewalk-discuss forum members which have reported about their way of searching singer in the bandlab forum, if I remember right the basic line was that it takes some time  and afford to get the right contact..

I will check it out during the next months.

Edited by Pragi

You might want to check out some of the free online courses. I just checked and Coursera has one for "The Singer Songwriter," that started today (July 10) but use the search engine on there and see if something interests you. For Coursera specifically, they create a forum for each class (it is wiped about a week after the class ends, so keep that in mind) which can be a great way to run into like-minded individuals and discuss ideas. It is very common to find other collaborators in those forums, and we even had breakout groups years ago that did songs during the course duration as group projects in some cases. Those forums you get out what you invest in them, so active participation is a huge plus.

On 7/10/2023 at 12:25 PM, SteveStrummerUK said:

Call Bapu.

He'll have recorded it and sent back to you before his phone rings.

😄

But first I have to get the Current MrsDaryk1968 to be on board. 😉 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, jackson white said:

Emvoice is crazy.

The only thing I don't like is "Internet connection required for use".  Requiring a internet connection is going to be a huge deciding factor for me.  It would mean I would have to build a machine that would be able to stay on the internet for that process?  I could build a Linux box and use Reaper to link to Reaper, then that way I could use process like that way.  I don't wish them to have 24/7 access to my music station.

Even thought I have Sonar Producer and really enjoy Cakewalk, Reaper has been my go to for projects requiring remote systems.  I don't think Cakewalk can link to other Cakewalk systems and share processing power.

Edit:

There other problem with this plugin requiring online access is if the company goes belly up.  Now your stuck with a useless plugin!

Edit 2:

If this is the best thing for now, it maybe worth the risk verse the company just going belly up.

Edit 3:

So, basically in thier terms of service, you really can't write any songs... LoL!  Just for the one word "tortious" mentioned in the terms of service!

From their terms of service:

"Neither Emvoice nor Users shall share any Emvoice generated Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, prejudicial, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful. Pattern violations will result in termination of service."

So, I guess your creation use limited to children friendly content using this product, else they'll terminate your software (which they can) because of the terms of service and they'll keep track of what you use it to sing.

No "making explicit and offensive reference to ***** or bodily functions; coarse and rude." = Vulgar

Don't make songs that "wrongly accuses someone of something" = libelous

You can't write religious songs "relating or devoted to that which is not sacred or biblical; secular rather than religious." = Profane 

Any songs that you can be sued for in civil court (which in America can be anything) "tortious behavior is any behavior (other than breach of contract) that may be sued upon as a civil wrong." = tortious

Don't make any songs that can harm someone?  Anyone can get harmed by any song even if you don't speak any names. "harmful to someone or something; detrimental." = prejudicial

Edit 4:

Here's a breakdown of the meaning of each word or phrase:

1. Unlawful: Refers to content that violates the law or legal regulations.

2. Harmful: Content that causes harm, damage, or injury to others.

3. Threatening: Content that conveys a serious intention to harm, intimidate, or cause fear.

4. Abusive: Content that involves the use of offensive language, insults, or mistreatment towards others.

5. Tortious: Refers to conduct that gives rise to a civil wrong or a violation of someone's legal rights.

6. Defamatory: Content that contains false statements about someone that harm their reputation.

7. Libelous: Similar to defamation, it refers specifically to written or published false statements that harm someone's reputation.

8. Vulgar: Content that is crude, indecent, or offensive in language or behavior.

9. Prejudicial: Content that unfairly or negatively affects someone's rights, reputation, or opportunities.

10. Profane: Content that is disrespectful or blasphemous, often involving offensive language or actions.

11. Invasive of another's privacy: Content that intrudes upon or violates someone's right to privacy.

12. Hateful: Content that expresses intense hostility, animosity, or discrimination towards a person or group based on characteristics such as race, religion, gender, etc.

These terms outline the types of content that are prohibited by Emvoice, and violation of these terms can result in the termination of service.

So, in the end, they have total control over what you can write a song about using thier service.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

Do you practice your singing as much as your instrument?

2 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

Or you could get some voice training and have no concerns with either TOS or flakes ...

Yep.

If it's a good song, it will find it's audience. Just put it out there.

I used to belong to a church choir but as an instrumentalist. My singing voice is very, very bad :(  But I know some of the choir members did help singing another persons parts for a tune.  If not religious disregard the idea.  Just tossing this out there.

12 hours ago, Grem said:

Do you practice your singing as much as your instrument?

Yep.

If it's a good song, it will find it's audience. Just put it out there.

This is a great time to ask yourself !   What would Yoko Ono Do  ?                           

3000.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

If she can do ! You can do it !

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

This is a great time to ask yourself !   What would Yoko Ono Do  ?                           

3000.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

If she can do ! You can do it !

But... What if I don't want to break up the supergroup of the century or annoy the hearing of millions??! 😮