Moogerfoogers 75% off

Vst0nE

The concern here is the buy out and possibly of vaporware.

I use the delay a lot.  It’s a goto for long dub throws.  Most of the others I’d rather use trying to make something unique at the beginning of a production.  Throwing a ring mod on the 2 mix can cause clients to go into shellshock IME.  

I also own a 6-pedal-hareware version of some of these.  So I’m a mooger hardware fan.  Some aren’t.  

For sub $20 prices...  I’d at least run demos if I were you and check em.  

• Like 2

Whew!

I couldn't resist having a Moogerfooger... I love it!

That said? What a pain the purchase was! The system is one of the most convoluted and complicated I've yet run into... Many screens and emails before finally finding what I needed. Then their system kept refusing my card? Works fine. I ended up using the same card through paypal so it is NOT the card. Could be their web pages as it was very unclear what was wanted where. Info boxes poorly labelled etc...

Finding the download was difficult. Registering at two different moog websites to make everything happen...  codes, authorizations in numerous places, then all the added issues of iLok...

I'm dying to buy another but I don't think I want to go through that again!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jngnz said:

The consensus is these are pretty bad, right? I never bothered to check why though.

umm..

From SOS review:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/moog-moogerfooger-plug-ins  (need account on SOS to read full article)

Pros
• The same retro synth aesthetic and strongly-flavoured sound as the original hardware...
•    ...but with many more options for stereo usage and full audio bandwidth operation.
•    Easy-to-use CV facilities significantly expand modulation options.
•    Good value for money.

Cons
• Would benefit from better MIDI control options

Summary
A beautifully realised plug-in bundle that recreates all seven desirable (and borderline mythical)
Moogerfooger effects pedals in your DAW, with some significant enhancements.

Information
$249 (discounted to $149 when going to press).
Moog Music +1 828 251 0090.
salesdepartment@moogmusic.com
www.moogmusic.com

and that was at the MSRP of $249

Kind of disappointing when people either slam stuff or praise it as mana from heaven without either trying it or at least researching it.
I haven't tried Moog's plugins so I can't comment on how good or bad they are.

A couple of videos for your consideration

Edit: Here's the web page on Moog's site documenting the Moogerfoogers plugins 
https://www.moogmusic.com/products/moogerfooger-effects-plug-ins
There are sound demos for all of them (it's a side scroller - check about 3 screens over).

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, e-cue said:

The concern here is the buy out and possibly of vaporware.

The product exists so not really vaporware

BUT

if past is prologue, bug fixes and innovation are pretty much over. 

It's hard to make MAGIX look good but inMusic has figured out a way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't know why people are hating those , but for me it's one of the best FX around ...... probably because people don't know no more how to be creative , the need instante waoh zillions fx chain things or what *?

Not perfect , but a superb play ground that can make any synth sounds spectacular or interesting .....

Personnaly i do think those are exellent for those spices , sounds you put in production to enriches them , transitions , hits , sweeps ect  ....those things that brings life to sterile satic sequence ....

1 hour ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Anyone know if it covers the Murf AND Bass Murf (both previous hardware) territory?

No idea but per webpage:

MF-105S EXPANDS ON CLASSIC MOOGERFOOGER PEDAL

• The MF-105S also introduces unique features not seen on the hardware instrument, including:
  • PATTERN EDITOR allows for editing of the pre-programmed ANIMATION modulation patterns of the original or creation of your own.
  • MODE sends all eight filters to both the left and right channels, or splits filters for STEREO spread.
  • ENVELOPE MODE switches between the original envelope shapes or a new alternate bank of envelopes.
  • The MF-105S offers CV Inputs for Animation Pattern Rate, Internal LFO Rate, Envelope Shape, LFO Amount, and Mix, as well as the capability to attenuate or soften these modulations.

THE SOUNDS OF THE MF-105S MURF EFFECT

• The Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins range from clean filtering to wildly experimental modulation designed to manipulate, enhance, and fully transform any sound. Each with its own distinct identity, these effects are designed to work perfectly alongside one another in your audio chain.

The CV Inputs appear to be dedicated sidechain connections 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Moog was employee owned.

I wonder how the former owners feel about the deal.

Yeah, but as they're aging, I guess financial needs finally superseded certain aspects of product "integrity"?

30 minutes ago, Keni said:
36 minutes ago, scook said:

Moog was employee owned.

I wonder how the former owners feel about the deal.

Yeah, but as they're aging, I guess financial needs finally superseded certain aspects of product "integrity"?

I see a lot of young employees in their videos.

More than that I really have no idea what "employee-owned" really means in this case. Kinda like "All Natural" on a bag of potato chips.

It was an honorable thing (upon his passing) that Bob transferred ownership of Moog to his employees.

IMO, It's sad that none of those employees had the passion, vision, drive to take Moog to even greater places.

This is kind of like a capital finance company buying Guitar Center (and now Sweetwater).

Sure hope Sweetwater stays relatively the same.

My 30-year Sales Engineer Stuart Hisey retired just before the company was sold.

Felt a strange sense of being abandoned.   🤪

The one constant is that nothing stays the same.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Always wanted to try the Murf. Nice price! Let's see how stupid I get after some wine this evening.

Anyone know if it covers the Murf AND Bass Murf (both previous hardware) territory?

I don't know something about the Murf, sorry, though I know the smurfs!

This thing with the wine is a good idea IMO (although I prefer beer during these hot days) and you don't get stupid by it, everything is just slightly easier!

• Haha 1

These effects are really great - as ex owner of some hw from these series - which i used with modular and hw synths -

i first taked freebie on PB month ago +-  than now delay wait for order ;) 

quality is absolutly here - for people whos worked with real hw this is so so close - for me same quality as eventide, arturia fx etc.. 

what is cons for me is registration proces via moog site .. but its not nightmare.... i can rec these efect alot.

Nice day ,)

And moog aps on ipad are one of best on ios platform - Animoog, Animoog Z, moog modular 15 etc - absolutly fantastic sound and hq here...

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jngnz said:

The consensus is these are pretty bad, right? I never bothered to check why though.

I don't even recall seeing people talk bad things about these at all. I guess it was probably some snob which probably said something to the tone of these being bad and not sounding at all like the physical Moogerfoogers. The ones which were not created by Moog.