Moogerfoogers 75% off

Vst0nE

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I don't even recall seeing people talk bad things about these at all. I guess it was probably some snob which probably said something to the tone of these being bad and not sounding at all like the physical Moogerfoogers. The ones which were not created by Moog.

Yeah, my bad. It might have been one or two single comments I had read. I've revisited the Gearspace thread and these are actually praised quite a bit.

I've also now demo'd all of them and don't have any use for the delay and wonky fx ones because I already have a million plugins that can do very similar / virtually identical things and I'm not much of a sound mangler anyway.

That being said, I bought the saturation plugin because it's dirt cheap and so I can briefly consider using it before picking Kelvin every time.

I only have the MoogerFooger Cluster Flux I picked up free at Plugin Boutique last month and I quite like it and it runs fine on my Windows 10 machine  (if you don't mind iLok) . But I really don't use these kind of effect plugins very much and I already have a bunch of them, so I'm going to skip this deal, but I wanted to share that I like Cluster Flux and it runs smoothly for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I think my will of weird plugins which do mangly things was satisfied by the 6 Unfiltered Audio plugins PA allowed me to get.

I think when someone in this forum posts that they have enough plugins or sample libraries they should probably be sent a warning. ;)

And yeah, I did basically post the same thing. It just goes against our overall data hoarding nature in this group. Bapu is our group's patron saint with the motto "installed."

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I think when someone in this forum posts that they have enough plugins or sample libraries they should probably be sent a warning. ;)

And yeah, I did basically post the same thing. It just goes against our overall data hoarding nature in this group. Bapu is our group's patron saint with the motto "installed."

I can't for the life of me imagine dealing with that kind of amount of choices. I probably have less than a quarter of what Bapu and Fleer each have installed and I'm being overwhelmed by the insane amount of choices every time I need to choose anything.

Someone posted something like "got this so I can scroll past it on my way to FabFilter" in a deal thread once and I can't think of a more apt description of my and probably a lot of people's buying behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jngnz said:

I can't for the life of me imagine dealing with that kind of amount of choices. I probably have less than a quarter of what Bapu and Fleer each have installed and I'm being overwhelmed by the insane amount of choices every time I need to choose anything.

Someone posted something like "got this so I can scroll past it on my way to FabFilter" in a deal thread once and I can't think of a more apt description of my and probably a lot of people's buying behaviour.

In all seriousness, it's a similar story here.  I've done a very good job of controlling my GAS this year relative to the past couple of years. But the temptations remain. As far as Fab Filter, my friends who really know their stuff keep recommending them, but they're out of my budget range and I have similar plugins and a bunch of simpler tools form Sonible, Focusrite (made by Sonible) and Izotope that I'm only beginning to figure out. Sample libraries tend to be my greatest temptation. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

In all seriousness, it's a similar story here.  I've done a very good job of controlling my GAS this year relative to the past couple of years. But the temptations remain. As far as Fab Filter, my friends who really know their stuff keep recommending them, but their out of my budget range and I have similar plugins and a bunch of simpler tools form Sonible, Focusrite (made by Sonible) and Izotope that I'm only beginning to figure out. Sample libraries tend to be my greatest temptation. 

Well yeah, FabFilter was a placeholder for <your personal favourite> 😉

I only own a handful of their plugins and honestly won't have much use for most of the Pro line except for ProQ, but I will upgrade to the total bundle before my EDU discount runs out because that’s too good of a deal to pass up.

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

As far as Fab Filter, my friends who really know their stuff keep recommending them, but their out of my budget range and I have similar plugins and a bunch of simpler tools form Sonible, Focusrite (made by Sonible) and Izotope that I'm only beginning to figure out.

I think that Fabfilter stuff is best suited for pros that do know exactly where to start and where to end with using them. If someone is less experienced, Sonible/Focusrite stuff might be just perfect because of their AI part giving mostly very competent suggestions on start. The iZotope stuff misses chance for being a great alternative for it's high CPU usage and is giving authorization issues sometimes.

I'm afraid that most probably I won't afford the ProQ3 anyway so I'm just waiting for Kirchhoff going on under $29 sale... or that I have finally luck with the rare $75 voucher giveaways that some lovely people do here on occasions :D as to the FF comp and limit I don't see anything special about them beside the great name and that they are solid processors but there are plenty alternatives as good and much more affordable.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

I'm afraid that most probably I won't afford the ProQ3 anyway so I'm just waiting for Kirchhoff going on under $29 sale... 

Check the Vi-Control sales forum. People sell FabFilter stuff all the time, often for way better deals than their usual sales prices.

https://vi-control.net/community/forums/for-sale-music-gear-classifieds-free-service.66/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it was extended but sale ends August 1st (per web site)
https://www.adsrsounds.com/vendor/moog

I played with ClusterFux, then the StagePhaser, then watched (most of) @Zo's video and broke down and bought the rest of the set.
This is the cheapest I've seen them go for & they're fun.

Possibly someone will have a July 4th sale but que sera sera. I usually procrastinate on buying things till the sale is about to end and have more than once forgotten about something until after the sale ended and been pissed at myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Don't know if it was extended but sale ends August 1st (per web site)
https://www.adsrsounds.com/vendor/moog

I played with ClusterFux, then the StagePhaser, then watched (most of) @Zo's video and broke down and bought the rest of the set.
This is the cheapest I've seen them go for & they're fun.

Possibly someone will have a July 4th sale but que sera sera. I usually procrastinate on buying things till the sale is about to end and have more than once forgotten about something until after the sale ended and been pissed at myself.

Same for me i was conviced that the East west offering on string machine was like until the end of month like the rest .... but i say to myself , maybe better like that  ...

• Like 1