Plugin Alliance $20 Voucher, No Minimum Spend!

Patrick Wichrowski

Only after googling the problem of presets not showing up in my PA plugins did a come across a thread by @Starship Krupa that explained that the problem is actually due to Cakewalk by Bandlab. I imagine that there's no solution to getting presets on PA plugins to show up since you made that post, Erik?  I had wondered what the problem was for a long time before seeing your posts. So thank you for that post. 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Only after googling the problem of presets not showing up in my PA plugins did a come across a thread by @Starship Krupa that explained that the problem is actually due to Cakewalk by Bandlab. I imagine that there's no solution to getting presets on PA plugins to show up since you made that post, Erik?  I had wondered what the problem was for a long time before seeing your posts. So thank you for that post. 

Thanks for your comment. Now a noticed that the VST3 from Plugin Alliance that show presets are the one that installed presets in this folder in drive C:

C:\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance
image.png.17cecb444f355749eca1f1dcdd8940e6.png

image.thumb.png.a4c1be0fdb9cbf533675182c671a2006.png

Edited by Patrick Wichrowski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

Thanks for your comment. Now a noticed that the VST3 from Plugin Alliance that show presets are the one that installed presets in this folder in drive 😄

C:\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance
image.png.17cecb444f355749eca1f1dcdd8940e6.png

image.thumb.png.a4c1be0fdb9cbf533675182c671a2006.png

Actually,  Starship Krupa is the one who deserves the thanks. (I'd link to the thread,  but I'm on my mobile right now and came across it on my desktop computer.)

Unrelated,  after you shared a video of you playing (I forgot what it was, some soft synth), I checked out some of your videos and really enjoyed your playing! I just thought I'd pass that feedback to you.  I love it when people share how they actually use all this stuff we buy and you're very talented. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I imagine that there's no solution to getting presets on PA plugins to show up since you made that post, Erik?

Well, actually, Cakewalk forumites came  to the rescue! I was just now thinking that people who mostly stick to the Coffee House/Deals forums might not have seen this, and here's the perfect opportunity.

Together, some of us (special thanks to @MimoJP ) figured how to export and import the presets that Cakewalk displays in the plug-in UI (Cakewalk's Preset Manager, not to be confused with Plug-In Manager). It began with the Sonitus suite and then expanded to Plugin Alliance.

Once someone has bashed all of the PA (or other company's) .vstpresets into the Cakewalk system, that person can use Plug-In Manager to export them for others to import. Steve Cook (with a little QA help from me) came up with a way to bash them in with a Windows script, but it's slow and requires babysitting, so he's not sharing it for general use.

The GREAT NEWS is that between doing it manually and via the scripting software, we managed to cover almost all PA plug-ins. I still need to upload the .SPP file for Masterdesk True Peak. Unfortunately the topic was started in the forum for Templates since there is no sub forum for Preset Manager presets. I put a link to it in the ProChannel Preset sharing forum. ENJOY!!

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Last Call said:

How much do transfer cost? And I think the more you transfer the less it cost doing so? I have 3 or 4 I would like to transfer.

Buyer pays $20 to activate a purchased PA License

• Thanks 1

I know, I declared a moratorium on mixing plug-ins, but gee, five bucks and it was an Unfiltered Audio plug-in that I didn't already have....

Unfiltered Audio's Zip, not only a mixing effect but a compressor of all things, as if I don't have dozens of them.

Oh well, I bought four candy bars the other night at the market and it was $10 and I've eaten the candy bars already. So it's cheap fun by comparison.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I bought four candy bars the other night at the market and it was $10 and I've eaten the candy bars already. So it's cheap fun by comparison.

here the same 5 doller would cost me 45 candy bars 😭

• Like 1

Well, now I have three delay plugins and two distortion plugins to compliment the other delays and distortion plugins...I already had. But I can see some brain dead moves being played. Like why they moved SPL Attacker Plus to the 25 USD price bracket when Transient Designer Plus is the same price and has all the functionality of the former plus more?

• Like 1