Melda Easter Bundle Madness!

cclarry

In light of the waves fiasco, i think i will upgrade to the fx essential bundle. I already own Mautodynamic and a couple others so my upgrade is only 61. I don't really need , but kind of want to support companies with simpler licensing policies. 

• Like 6
  • Great Idea 1

12 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

In light of the waves fiasco, i think i will upgrade to the fx essential bundle. I already own Mautodynamic and a couple others so my upgrade is only 61. I don't really need , but kind of want to support companies with simpler licensing policies. 

Turbo ReverbLE is amazing.

I've used all of them in the bundle as they really can fit the "essentials" moniker.  If all the other companies licenses failed.  Melda can be installed completely off-line (other than the instrument libraries which I've had some challenges with - so download those).  And the essential bundle would be enough toys to do a full mix as it covers all the basics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

Having compared a number of loyalty strategies from different companies, I also appreciate Melda Production's lifetime updates (singles and bundles) and the credit for prior purchases.  The flexibility / customization factor of plug-ins is also a major plus.  

• Like 1

With Melda you can eventually own everything one piece at a time.  If you buy direct you get more credit.  They get loyalty right. 

They don't always have pretty GUIs and their plugins look like a rocket science to figure them out. They also lack a lot of tutorials to make them more popular.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Love me some Melda.  I just wish more people would hop on the MSF train so it would have more monetary resources to drive the faster addition of instruments.

You can make your own libraries.   I have yet to mess with their synth,

23 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Having compared a number of loyalty strategies from different companies, I also appreciate Melda Production's lifetime updates (singles and bundles) and the credit for prior purchases. 

As does its parent company, Image Line. 

24 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

This is true, but the lifetime updates with free addition of instruments was certainly a major selling point of MSF.

And the Meldway Grand delivered pretty big on that promise.  Everything I've seen suggests a plan to build the platform offereings out.  Given that he can sell individual instruments to those not invested in the entire MSF, he also has motivation to add more.  

But also would be nice to see other devs or just end users create and share too.

• Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

And the Meldway Grand delivered pretty big on that promise.  Everything I've seen suggests a plan to build the platform offereings out.  Given that he can sell individual instruments to those not invested in the entire MSF, he also has motivation to add more.  

But also would be nice to see other devs or just end users create and share too.

Agreed that the motivation and commitment is there.  I'd just like to see it financially driven/supported by more customers coming on board.

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

Melda is sort of my litmus test to even consider other deals. There are certainly things that Melda cannot do (right now), but there are also a lot of things Melda can do. Another advantage, beyond only buying something once, is that they (mostly) have similar structure, so you are not constantly relearning GUIs to get things done. Updates are also significantly faster than many other vendors as they simply delete/replace what you own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

I owned 4 of the 10 plugins in the MEssentialsFx bundle and my upgrade price was 28 Canuck Bucks. The upgrade included MTurboReverbLE so that alone put this in the total no brainer category.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Putting my referral discount code out there again in case anyone wants to jump into the Melda pool.    

MELDA31209027

To spell it out for those not already familiar, if you're a new MeldaProduction customer, making a first-time purchase, using Brian's code will get you 20% off. And if you sign up for their newsletter, you get a 10 euro credit.

Brian will get credits in the amount of 10% of your purchase.

So for instance, let's say you wanted to upgrade your MFreeFX Bundle to the "pro" versions (which is very much recommended; if you like what those pups can do in their standard configuration, the pro upgrade is when you start really being able to enter Meldaville, with access to the modulators and multiparameters). With the newsletter credit and a referral code, you'd get the 37 plug-ins in pro form for about $11. Brian gets a credit. Even these small ones add up.

For the MEssentialFX Bundle, doing the math....which, BTW, my math on this tends to come out overestimating the cost, maybe due to the euro/usd exchange rate....you'd pick up the bundle for just under a hundy. $98 or so. And Brian gets $10 in credits.

Then once you have an account, you can start sharing your own referral code if you want. Right now, I feel like (a modern day) Tom Sawyer when he was trading his classmates for the bible verse tickets: a few weeks ago I idly checked my credits balance, not expecting to find anything, and found that someone (probably at VI Control) had used my code to the tune of 99 credits. Now, during the sale, my price to upgrade to the MComplete bundle, which includes everything that MeldaProduction makes or ever will make, is $118. So I'm less than $20 away from never having to pay a cent for a MeldaProduction plug-in again, ever. Another genius marketing move from Vojtech: get your users to ***** the product. Thing is, you'll notice that there's no financial reward for me posting this rundown. I just think their stuff is great, and want to share the joy.

While MEssentialFX says that it includes 10 FX, it actually goes to 11, because MTurboDelay, which is an insanely deep effect, also throws in MTurboDelayMB. MAutoAlign was one of the first Melda FX I bought, MSpectralDynamicsle can do a whole lotta stuff (see @bitflipper's review in SoundBytes), MLimiterX sound great, especially when I switch it into M/S mode. MTurboReverble is among the best-sounding reverbs I've heard, which is a small group consisting of MTurboReverb and the Exponential Phoenix/Nimbus/Stratus bloodline. Try the Bricasti clone device and you'll hear what I mean. MAutoDynamicEQ is a go-to, a dynamic EQ with the ability to analyze for resonances, and also analyze another track via sidechain for collision elimination.

If you've had issues with the spartan GUI in the past, know that especially in the Turbo line, this issue has been addressed with custom "devices" that include nice graphics (although you can switch over to the "nuts and bolts" UI if you want to get under the hood). Also, and I can't stress this enough, go into the Style preferences and look through the available styles. Then when you find one where you like the graphics, go into the color preferences and set them to something you find more attractive. As follows, maybe not so homely after all?

image.thumb.png.d6b642a1a91ac5cdbbfb0c8993967f9e.png

image.png.b03e8f4932b87ae3a6e86943b65a4ef8.png

• Like 5

What stops me the most expanding my Melda plugin collection is the installation process. I think most here on this forum may know my aversion to plugin managers. Additionally Melda adds its on under-structure for the plugins (that I always have to undo manually) and inserts a bunch of shadowy configuration files. It's an atrocity to me! The UI's are also not very inspiring for me! Other than that I agree that it is a great company 😆! Yeah, indeed!

I own the FX Bundle + 9 more so that 41 plugins. 

I can get to total bundle for $672. That's $12 each for the remaining 60 plugs I don't own. I think BF was about the same price. I think I'll wait for 2023 BF and bit on the Complete Bundle. Then I'll sit back and wait for al the new goodies to come my way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcL said:

What stops me the most expanding my Melda plugin collection is the installation process. I think most here on this forum may know my aversion to plugin managers. Additionally Melda adds its on under-structure for the plugins (that I always have to undo manually) and inserts a bunch of shadowy configuration files. It's an atrocity to me! The UI's are also not very inspiring for me! Other than that I agree that it is a great company 😆! Yeah, indeed!

I usually don't like managers either but once you have a bunch of their plugins frankly I love it.  It takes no time to update compared to the 20 something installers I'd need otherwise and there is a cleanup previous versions button that takes one second to complete.  

It also doesn't force install a bunch of stuff you don't own ala IKM.

Id understand the hate it you only had one or two.  But I've come to love the single download to update...and the updates add actual features and are fairly frequent.  It would be madness doing all those individually like I'm forced to with other devs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MarcL said:

Can you expound on this? The only thing that comes to mind for me is that the installer used to not have options to unselect VST2, etc. But installation paths are choosable. As with most anything, directory junctions can bypass "set" installers so you can just let them go to defaults after the junctions have been made. I only get concerned for this with large installs, and Melda is by far one I do not care about (I own the MCompleteBundle, and the VST2 and VST3 folders are 21.2MB each... they are files updated per cycle). The sound packs are the only things HUGE; the plugins themselves are pretty lightweight.

One benefit with the GUI that most do not consider is that it also makes the plugins less CPU-intensive. I totally stunned a guy once  (sort of related to this) by saying "Are you interested in [making music] or playing a video game?" After that shock sunk in I said, "People who want to do things are unstoppable and focused.... they use the tools on hand and do great things. Those who don't really want to do things will find excuses or semi-related busy work to rationalize getting nothing done."

• Like 1