50% off Arturia V Collection 9, FX Collection 3, and Pigments:

cclarry

1 hour ago, abacab said:

After a quick run checking out the Arturia demos of Piano V3, and CS-80 V4, I have to say the the presets are definitely better and more usable out of the box! Much fuller and more realistic sound than with the previous versions.

I wonder how much of that is a reflection of the new synth engines, and how much of that is just better sound programming? Maybe a bit of both? I didn't have time to deep dive into these so that's just a first impression.

Regardless, I think that these more usable sounds make these updates worthwhile! :)

CS-80 V4 engine was totally rewritten. Although I guess that there's merit on the new patch programming, I think that the new engine makes everything flow better.

• Thanks 1

While the prices are surprisingly pleasant ($99 V8 to V9, $69 to buy FX3), I’m going to pass. Don’t especially need new versions of existing synths, and the only new synth I don’t have is the MS-20. And the ‘augmenteds’, but they don’t even belong in the Collection to my mind.

Nice to see the MS-20 appear. Perhaps there’s hope they’ll be allowed to do an M1 in V10. (I already have both from Korg, but Arturia versions of both would be preferable.)

Also disappointed that the Coldfire distortion thing isn’t in FX3. That might have gotten me to bite, even if the deal was $99 instead of $69.

16 minutes ago, dee said:

is $99 price upgrade from V8 to V9 lowest available through out the year or are there sales upgrades for $49 at all like christmas or summer next year?

just thinking when is best to upgrade or sell V8...thx

Pretty much lowest. I’d forget about $49. It was $69 once, around V Collection 4. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use all of them consistently outside of REV Intensity which is one of my go-to reverbs.  Fragments is excellent - I prefer it to the Output plugins (Movement, Portal) that sort of do the same thing.  The Flanger is super flexible, and I use it almost exclusively for that effect.   My out of pocket for FX2 and the upgrade was $100; throw in some compressors and EQs that get pulled out once in a while and I'm OK with the investment.  But that reverb...

• Like 1

I can get EFX 3 for $49, and from what I've seen of Fragments that might be worth it alone.  Glad to know that the reverb is pretty good too.

My needs for most effects are fairly well covered.  On the other hand, if their 76 compressor is better than the ones I have, I might as well use that and let the others collect dust.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

I can get EFX 3 for $49, and from what I've seen of Fragments that might be worth it alone.  Glad to know that the reverb is pretty good too.

My needs for most effects are fairly well covered.  On the other hand, if their 76 compressor is better than the ones I have, I might as well use that and let the others collect dust.

That $49 crossgrade offer is tempting. It's 50% off the regular $99 price just for Fragments, which is the only FX of theirs that I'm particularly interested in.

Dang! 🤔

Still can't understand why zero drum machines back in V collection ... this at least would be a motivation , as stated we don't need zillion of versions that inb fact cluter my NI kontrol experience lol 

Any thougth on pigment ?

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Pigments is absolutely worth it, Zo, but I concur on that drum machine point. Still have my Spark 2 from V4 tho. 

then why dont the V collection low include spark 2 . 

and if u are finding deals the deals would be much better in arturia website.

for me i got pigments for 49 ,

my v collection upgrade from v7 to v9 is 99

and crossgrade to fx collection 3 is 69

looks like people already tlaked about it 😅

Edited by satyabrata satapathy

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

Pigments is absolutely worth it, Zo, but I concur on that drum machine point. Still have my Spark 2 from V4 tho. 

sold the collection but i do miss this one, emulation were kinda off but it gave in fact a spiced version of stuff lol

10 hours ago, Zo said:

Any thougth on pigment ?

Pigments is a very versatile synth that can do almost anything. It's probably my favorite "new" synth (compared to vintage emulations). The Pigments workflow is very intuitive and fun, and offers lots of  synthesis methods. Arturia keeps updating this synth with new features free for existing owners, which is a big plus! It's now up to v3.7 and I think I bought in at v2.

Details > https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/pigments/overview

You may hear from some folks that are into "harder" modern synth styles that think Pigments lacks balls or somehow sounds "thin" compared to their favorite synths. But I think that's all up to what you do with the synth patches and FX. IMO a synth is a synth, and technically genre agnostic, except for the presets and label a publisher markets them with.

Arturia offers many optional preset banks for Pigments in the Arturia sound store, so there's something for everyone! ;)

But yeah, Pigments is great!

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

Pigments is a very versatile synth that can do almost anything. It's probably my favorite "new" synth (compared to vintage emulations). The Pigments workflow is very intuitive and fun, and offers lots of  synthesis methods. Arturia keeps updating this synth with new features free for existing owners, which is a big plus! It's now up to v3.7 and I think I bought in at v2.

Details > https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/pigments/overview

You may hear from some folks that are into "harder" modern synth styles that think Pigments lacks balls or somehow sounds "thin" compared to their favorite synths. But I think that's all up to what you do with the synth patches and FX. IMO a synth is a synth, and technically genre agnostic, except for the presets and label a publisher markets them with.

Arturia offers many optional preset banks for Pigments in the Arturia sound store, so there's something for everyone! ;)

But yeah, Pigments is great!

Talking about balls , just put the moog pedals on any didgital synths and smile , demo run out on me , asked moog for extenstion will try to do a video on em