50% off Arturia V Collection 9, FX Collection 3, and Pigments:

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Barrie said:

You mean like this? 🙂

screenshot_468.thumb.png.78b6369c5f97f8b07a16cf98aee7cc21.png

In typical Arturia fashion their servers are late to the party as always 🤣 I checked their homepage before and it wasn't up there, so at least this confirms it now. Very tempting.. I might have to bite.. 

I have held off, but I don't think I'm going to see it for $99 as a crossgrade or anything, so now is probably as good as any time to get it 🙂

Thanks, I just checked my upgrade price from V Coll 8 and it is $99.  

That's for

KORG MS-20 V, 
SQ80 V,
Augmented STRINGS,
Augmented VOICES,
Prophet-5 V,
CS-80 V 4,
Prophet-VS V,
Piano V 3

plus 14 soundbanks

I already have CS-80 V 4 as it was a freebie with the Cubase 12 upgrade so I could resell that.

I am tempted 🙄

• Great Idea 1

27 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I have version 7. So, for £99 to go to version 9. Is it worth it?, what will I get that makes it worth the cost?.

my list of whats new for me.  though lately i have been mostly delving deeper into CMI V advanced.

Augmented VOICES
    ARP 2600 V3
    B-3 V2
    CS-80 V3
    Emulator II V
    Korg MS-20 V
    Jun-6 V
    Mellotron V
    Mini V3
    Modular V3
    SQ80 V
    Synthi V
    Vocoder V

Edited by telecode 101

2 hours ago, Lee D said:

Must resist... I have bought and sold V Collection like 3 times already im the last lol.  Still, so tempting... I own a Arturia Keylab MK2 so it's $199 for V Collection

Same here , i have V7 , and i think i will fulfill the need by cherry Audio plugins, and i don't think i need augmented series

I am not familiar with Arturia's sales strategies.  Roughly a month ago, I had the option to get one of the Arturia Collection Compendium bundles for $269.  At the time I understood that to include (1) an upgrade to all V9 Collection Instruments plus (2) 10 sound packs valued at $5 to $15 each (approx. $100).  Currently, my upgrade price just for the V9 Collection Instruments is $199.  

Just wondering if the Compendium bundles were a better deal or if I am missing something with the comparison.  (I am still leaning towards upgrading to a new SSD instead of investing in more plug-ins/instruments.) 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I am not familiar with Arturia's sales strategies.  Roughly a month ago, I had the option to get one of the Arturia Collection Compendium bundles for $269.  At the time I understood that to include (1) an upgrade to all V9 Collection Instruments plus (2) 10 sound packs valued at $5 to $15 each (approx. $100).  Currently, my upgrade price just for the V9 Collection Instruments is $199.  

Just wondering if the Compendium bundles were a better deal or if I am missing something with the comparison.  (I am still leaning towards upgrading to a new SSD instead of investing in more plug-ins/instruments.) 

My Compendium price was also €269 and now they're offering V9 Collection for €149 and FX Collection for €99. I'm actually surprised that the price of V9 is that low, because I only own Analog Lab V, Pigments and Augmented Strings.

I'd say this is still a better deal for you,  because soundbanks are quite often 50% off AND you can pick the ones you want. But do you need it? Personally, I'm on the fence.

(Of course, the bestest deal was to buy Zebra 2 last week, because I've heard that it is the only synth you will ever need (except for Zebra 3). ;) )

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Same here , i have V7 , and i think i will fulfill the need by cherry Audio plugins, and i don't think i need augmented series

I have the Augmented Strings. It's kind of cool. Sampled strings with a funky interface and effects. It seems like a product geared towards cinematic composer customer types. I don't use it that much.

I am sort of on the fence about getting more Arturia stuff but still researching my options as its still early. I judge the value of the product by how often I will use it.  The Arturia  products are great but it's not like I am sitting at home making intricate retro synth music or exploring how retro synths worked in the past. I have been doing a lot of more songwriting and demos and when I need synths, I just use SampleTank and tweak the presets in all generic interface, that once you learn how to us it -- it works for everything and gets the job done faster. IK have also been on a roll and sampled some really rare hard to find ones that no one seems to have. 

I am looking at the Arturia deal and it will be about $170 for me to give to Arturia (which are a great company and make great products) or invest that money into Toontrack which might give me tools I will use more often every day in what I do.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

... invest that money into Toontrack which might give be tools I will use more often every day in what I do.

THIS is the answer IMO.  Effects and synths are literally a "dime a dozen", but I find myself using my Toontrack products HEAVILY,
so I consider them to be a 'very wise investment"!  That's just me...YMMV

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Thanks, I just checked my upgrade price from V Coll 8 and it is $99.  

That's for

KORG MS-20 V, 
SQ80 V,
Augmented STRINGS,
Augmented VOICES,
Prophet-5 V,
CS-80 V 4,
Prophet-VS V,
Piano V 3

plus 14 soundbanks

I already have CS-80 V 4 as it was a freebie with the Cubase 12 upgrade so I could resell that.

I am tempted 🙄

Yeah, I already have SQ80 V and Augmented Strings.

Guess I could also try to resell . . . or wait for V Collection 10?

Have to see what resale prices look like for those two . . .

• Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, cclarry said:

THIS is the answer IMO.  Effects and synths are literally a "dime a dozen", but I find myself using my Toontrack products HEAVILY,
so I consider them to be a 'very wise investment"!  That's just me...YMMV

The same can be said for the Toontrack keys.

Drum libraries are a dime a dozen.  Collecting Toontrack kits can be pricey. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I have the Augmented Strings. It's kind of cool. Sampled strings with a funky interface and effects. It seems like a product geared towards cinematic composer customer types. I don't use it that much.

I am sort of on the fence about getting more Arturia stuff but still researching my options as its still early. I judge the value of the product by how often I will use it.  The Arturia  products are great but it's not like I am sitting at home making intricate retro synth music or exploring how retro synths worked in the past. I have been doing a lot of more songwriting and demos and when I need synths, I just use SampleTank and tweak the presets in all generic interface, that once you learn how to us it -- it works for everything and gets the job done faster. IK have also been on a roll and sampled some really rare hard to find ones that no one seems to have. 

I am looking at the Arturia deal and it will be about $170 for me to give to Arturia (which are a great company and make great products) or invest that money into Toontrack which might give me tools I will use more often every day in what I do.

That's the new trend these days along with the modular software. 

The only problem eith this Arturia deal is I don't have $99 to spend.  Sure the stuff is new versions but the only new thing I get out of it is Augmented voices.  I'll wait.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The same can be said for the Toontrack keys.

Drum libraries are a dime a dozen.  Collecting Toontrack kits can be pricey. 

The difference is investing in what you'll actually use, or in  what will gather virtual dust.
Like I said, that's just my opinion

• Like 2

A little less advertised is more MPE Support in several instruments.

https://www.arturia.com/support/latest-updates

Check out the full list of specific adjustments for selected instruments below:

Augmented STRINGS Intro: CPU consumption improvements

ARP2600 V: Fixed audio input

CZ V: MPE Support

DX7 V: Improved sysex import

Emulator II V: MPE Support

Farfisa V: Improved Tremolo and Percussion engine

Jun-6 V: MPE Support

Jup-8 V4: MPE Support

OP-Xa V: MPE Support, renamed OB-Xa to OP-Xa, fixed stereo issue in Komplete Kontrol

Vocoder V: MPE Support

Wurli V: No more crashes during Audio Unit Validation on Logic Pro X

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

My Compendium price was also €269 and now they're offering V9 Collection for €149 and FX Collection for €99. I'm actually surprised that the price of V9 is that low, because I only own Analog Lab V, Pigments and Augmented Strings.

I'd say this is still a better deal for you,  because soundbanks are quite often 50% off AND you can pick the ones you want. But do you need it? Personally, I'm on the fence.

(Of course, the bestest deal was to buy Zebra 2 last week, because I've heard that it is the only synth you will ever need (except for Zebra 3). ;) )

Interesting that you are being offered the V9 Collection for €149.  In addition to the Easel and Augmented Strings, I have Analog Lab V (upgraded from Intro) plus an upgrade to the additional Analog Lab presets bundle.  (I think that added 2,000 to what I had making my total just over 3200.) I am wondering if Pigments knocked your price down.

Yeah--the Zebra 2 Dino-Deal looked really good.  I even printed out the "Replaced by . . . " card, got out one of my kids' dinosaurs, and found some gear to replace! 

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

plus 14 soundbanks

On the Arturia site the "Buy for _____" page  lists the 14 selected packs (832 presets). The demos sound like they are geared towards Techno / Trance / EDM / Urban / Cinematic Producers.  As for the two Piano selected packs included, my Meldway Grand seems to be flexible enough to create all sorts of Pianos with very little effort.

30 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I also found it cool when I first got it and enjoyed combining different sample and synth layers and playing with CV modulations via Voltage Modular.  Maybe I should wipe the dust off Augmented Strings and see if it helps inspire the kind of productivity  I have had more recently from playing with some non-Arturia instruments.

Just listened to the demos for the 14 selected packs again.  They are nice, for sure, but not sure I would use them. 

Thanks to everyone for chiming in with thoughts and details on this deal.     

• Like 2