AudioDeluxe 12th Anniversary Sale

BTP

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am sort of deciding between Time Align or MCompare. Tools I don't have in my collection. Well I do have IKM  Master match.  But..

I have referencing that I prefer (MetricAB) but MCompare is kind of cool in that you can insert it as a send earlier in you FX chain and then place another instance at the end to easily A-B your chain instantly and gain matched. That's kind of different and a nice feature. It also allows blind testing too.

The AGC wasn't great from my tests though. I think I'd only ever set the gain manually.

Edited by MusicMan

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

I am sort of deciding between Time Align or MCompare. Tools I don't have in my collection. Well I do have IKM  Master match.  But..

I haven't used MCompare, so I cannot speak on how good it is. I can however say that a smilar tool from Plugin Alliance; ADPTR Audio Metric AB is my weapon of choice for references. It seems to have similar features.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

I've never really considered that one, but it's almost impossible to go wrong with PSP so should be a winner 😎

Actually, that's exactly why I bought it.  I regularly use all the PSP plugins I have: B-Scanner, HertzRider2, Lotary, and Nexcellence.

They're very easy to use and sound great!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

MAutoAlign instead of Time Align for all the reasons earlier in this thread.  (Disclaimer: I don't own Time Align.)

Now, I'll be the first to admit I'm a Melda fanboy, and MCompare works great for blind testing mixes. But I always found it kind of a pain to set up and analyze at different points in a signal chain to hear the difference that way. Once I finally did figure out how to do that, the next time I wanted to do it, I had to re-learn how to do it. (Maybe it's just me.) 

The plugin I reach for hands down for this sort of thing (and many others!) is GainMatch by LetiMix. It's not a part of this sale but is crazy good value at $19. You can catch it on sale for about $10. Totally user friendly and works great!

https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

36 minutes ago, locrian said:

Actually, that's exactly why I bought it.  I regularly use all the PSP plugins I have: B-Scanner, HertzRider2, Lotary, and Nexcellence.

And that B-Scanner is pretty special. Not many of those around, while Leslie (as in L’Otary) is everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, mibby said:

MAutoAlign instead of Time Align for all the reasons earlier in this thread.  (Disclaimer: I don't own Time Align.)

Now, I'll be the first to admit I'm a Melda fanboy, and MCompare works great for blind testing mixes. But I always found it kind of a pain to set up and analyze at different points in a signal chain to hear the difference that way. Once I finally did figure out how to do that, the next time I wanted to do it, I had to re-learn how to do it. (Maybe it's just me.) 

The plugin I reach for hands down for this sort of thing (and many others!) is GainMatch by LetiMix. It's not a part of this sale but is crazy good value at $19. You can catch it on sale for about $10. Totally user friendly and works great!

https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch

Some of the gain matching plugins are pretty handy too, but also not quite the same. They just keep the gain the same over the FX stack, so you're not tricked into thinking it's better because it's louder.

Whereas with MCompare as two instances, you can compare between any two points in the FX stack to see how multiple plugins at once are affecting the sound.

I watched the teaser video and it was super easy to set it up to A-B anywhere in the stack 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hertzrider was the plugin I never knew I needed to have! That thing is fun with drums and was very glad I got that one 🤣 I've heard good things about the others you mentioned too. I haven't gotten into their reverbs either yet. I'm sure they're decent as well, it's just I locked in on some other ones first.

• Like 1

PSP plugins are great. The one's I have that don't use iLok are excellent they have an excellent Lexicon sim called 2525 or something like that, it's one I still reach for. I know it, it's UI is easy for me to understand. They also have an echo plugin that is great, easy to use, I know it. Old Timer comp is also a winner. As is some of their older comps and eq. 

PSP is top shelf stuff. No doubt about them.

I hated that they went with Pace.  But they still let me use the older plugins iLok free, so I am grateful for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Hertzrider was the plugin I never knew I needed to have! That thing is fun with drums and was very glad I got that one 🤣 I've heard good things about the others you mentioned too. I haven't gotten into their reverbs either yet. I'm sure they're decent as well, it's just I locked in on some other ones first.

Same here.

I picked it up on sale for $12 last year from JRRshop and have been surprised at how useful/cool it is; especially on drums, as you mentioned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Whereas with MCompare as two instances, you can compare between any two points in the FX stack to see how multiple plugins at once are affecting the sound.

To be clear, GainMatch does this too and is very user friendly.  :)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:01 AM, locrian said:

On 10/13/2022 at 7:56 AM, locrian said:

Just picked up PSP stompFilter for $12 and got UVI Model D for free.   Nice.

I been looking at that one too. I am really into filter plugins. But I think I am going to hold out for 7 more days. Wait to see what else comes up. Lots of new deals popping up daily.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:29 PM, Brian Walton said:

Ahh you are correct.  While I'm a fan of the digital v3 as an eq plugin.  Forgot about the tiny pan knob.

I'd argue it is a whole lot clunkier to use when you are working on a mix for placement and takes up more CPU.  

If this is the EQ you use on every track and you don't put anything that inadvertently puts more stereo info after it, it is an alternative and also usually more expensive unless you got it for free or part of the soundwide bundle .

The point isn't that the pan knob is the only plugin capable of the technique.  It seems to be the only one clean and purpose driven for it.  You could pin 20 of them on your screen and actually create the stereo mix.  Digital V3 you might be able to do a folk duo mix.

I stumbled across someone recommending this as an alternative which looks pretty interesting too.

It's made by TBProAudio who make some decent plugins as well and seems to cover the same, but also be a bit more comprehensive and it's only €12 not on sale. I had pretty much decided I'd buy the Boz version, but now I'm thinking this could be a worthy contender. Simple to use still, but also has more features and functionality.

ST1V2 - Stereo signal control

• ST1 is a simple tool that lets you control the width and the panorama of a stereo audio signal. It includes a mono-to-stereo function, a stereo field enhancer, a rich panning knob that includes spectral panning, and a bass-focus feature. The phase and correlation meter visually monitors the panning position and stereo width.

https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/st1

Have you ever compared this one Brian?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I stumbled across someone recommending this as an alternative which looks pretty interesting too.

It's made by TBProAudio who make some decent plugins as well and seems to cover the same, but also be a bit more comprehensive and it's only €12 not on sale. I had pretty much decided I'd buy the Boz version, but now I'm thinking this could be a worthy contender. Simple to use still, but also has more features and functionality.

• ST1 is a simple tool that lets you control the width and the panorama of a stereo audio signal. It includes a mono-to-stereo function, a stereo field enhancer, a rich panning knob that includes spectral panning, and a bass-focus feature. The phase and correlation meter visually monitors the panning position and stereo width.

I generally like tbproaudio but must have overlooked this one as I don't remember seeing it.  Looks good on paper and interface layout but no first hand experience.

If you want to pin to desktop for a number of instances my first instinct would be download the demo and get a sense of the scaling options. Other plugins I've tried of theirs do have % scaling.  

Looks like a legit alternative without testing it.

Edited by Brian Walton

9 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Good find!  TBProAudio has got to be one of the most underrated devs around. I'm always recommending their ISLO8 plugin for monitoring, but for some reason I always forget to check back on the site for other plugins.  The channel strip, gain rider, and ABLM plugins all looks pretty amazing and are surprisingly affordable for all the features! Maybe this dev just doesn't have enough visibility since he's not on any of the resellers?  Regardless, bookmarked (again) and I will be watching these (again!) ...