Celemony Melodyne 5.1 update deal from Ver 4

jesse g

Hey folks,

Today, I received an email for an update to Melodyne 5.1 editor from my version 4 editor.  The price was just $99.00 , far less than updating when version 5 first came out.

Has anyone else receive this email?  The link in the email went straight to my account and I was able to apply my serial number and receive the download from my account.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Hey folks,

Today, I received an email for an update to Melodyne 5.1 editor from my version 4 editor.  The price was just $99.00 , far less than updating when version 5 first came out.

Has anyone else receive this email?  The link in the email went straight to my account and I was able to apply my serial number and receive the download from my account.

Yes I got email but I think upgrades can get even cheaper over Black Friday? Especially at discounter sites. 

• Like 2

Are these the regular upgrade prices to Melodyne  version 5?

Switch to Melodyne 5 studio

All Melodyne functions for all instruments and all applications. View and edit as many tracks as you like in a single Melodyne window. Note-based spectral sound design.

Melodyne 5 studio, update from Melodyne 4 studio, more info...US$149

Melodyne 5 studio, update from Melodyne studio 3, more info...US$149

Melodyne 5 studio, upgrade from Melodyne editor (any version), more info...US$349

Melodyne 5 studio, upgrade from Melodyne assistant (any version), more info...US$549

Melodyne 5 studio, upgrade from Melodyne essential (any version), more info...US$749

Switch to Melodyne 5 editor

Thanks to DNA Direct Note Access, edit even polyphonic instruments like piano and guitar. Using all Melodyne’s tools. Vary melodies and chords; change harmonies and tempos at will.

Melodyne 5 editor, update from Melodyne editor (any version), more info...US$99

Melodyne 5 editor, upgrade from Melodyne assistant (any version), more info...US$199

Melodyne 5 editor, upgrade from Melodyne essential (any version), more info...US$399

Switch to Melodyne 5 assistant

The complete Melodyne tool kit. All you need for perfect vocal editing; optimize pitches, timing, phrasing, vibrato, dynamics, tone color. For perfectly natural intonation correction.

Melodyne 5 assistant, update from Melodyne assistant (any version), more info...US$49

Melodyne 5 assistant, upgrade from Melodyne essential (any version), more info...US$199

23 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Mine still shows $150. And by the way, Celemony’s update policies are nothing short of shameful. For the same changes that they provided to Essentials owners...free!... they are charging their best customers (Studio owners)....$150.

I 've also noted that.  Hoenstly I think the users need to band together and "let them have it" over this.   

• Like 1

I found a new Melodyne Editor version 5 update from version 4 for $87.99

pdlogo-2.png

Update Melodyne Editor to Editor 5   - Website ~~>> HERE

from $99.00 to  $87.99 limited time upgrade

SPECIAL UPGRADE – Melodyne Editor 4 to Editor 5 Upgrade

Please ensure you are purchasing the correct upgrade from your current product. There are no refunds/ exchanges on Melodyne upgrades once your order is submitted.

Other prices on the site for Melodyne version 5 upgrades from Assistant, Essential, and Studio

https://plugindiscounts.com/brands-page/celemony-home-page/

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 1

I haven't been paying proper attention and have sort of missed the information on  Melodyne 5,    so I have admonished myself!!

Can someone outline what is so good about melodyne V5 - I have the Studio version, but I really don't use it that much  , so just considering would it be worth the money - and this is not cheap for an upgrade, well unless there are loads of new wonderful features.

Thanks

Nigel

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Can someone outline what is so good about melodyne V5 - I have the Studio version, but I really don't use it that much

In the same boat, haven't been able to identify any new V5 exclusive features for Studio. The extra capability in the Studio version:

> "the Sound Editor, offering unique control over tone colors" but have yet to need or use it in a project. 

>  "Multitrack Note Editing – edit multiple tracks in a single Melodyne window". might have a hard time giving this up. 

The features in V5 that sound useful;

1. "the ability to edit pitched and noise-like components separately with the “Melodic” algorithm" = 'smart' de-esser. Like the concept, demos.

2. "the Fade Tool and Leveling Macro for editing dynamics" (thx @bitflipper) looks like a nicer approach to managing dynamics

These features are available in the lower priced Editor version with an upgrade price of $99, but as noted by @Brian Walton, being a Studio owner comes with a $50 penalty. 

One of the benefits I've noticed is that Melodyne syncs better with Cakewalk, e.g. their respective cursors are better able to match up to one another. Under version 4, I'd often have to switch focus back to Cakewalk before stopping and starting playback to avoid having Melodyne show a different part of the track than the DAW. I don't have to do that anymore. It's a small thing, but much appreciated.

This guy pushed me over the edge...warning: don't watch these videos if you're absolutely determined to wait until the upgrade is $79 come Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

19 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Mine still shows $150. And by the way, Celemony’s update policies are nothing short of shameful. For the same changes that they provided to Essentials owners...free!... they are charging their best customers (Studio owners)....$150.

I got the $150 email too.  It' kinda frustrating because I've been with Celemony for 15 years.  I would think they might at least send long time supporters the $99 email.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

One of the benefits I've noticed is that Melodyne syncs better with Cakewalk, e.g. their respective cursors are better able to match up to one another. Under version 4, I'd often have to switch focus back to Cakewalk before stopping and starting playback to avoid having Melodyne show a different part of the track than the DAW. I don't have to do that anymore. It's a small thing, but much appreciated.

This guy pushed me over the edge...warning: don't watch these videos if you're absolutely determined to wait until the upgrade is $79 come Christmas.

Nothing so pressing for me that I can’t wait 16 days, or otherwise make due, to possibly save $75 from what they are currently offering me. 

The note leveler and the sibilance functions are very useful as they function differently to traditional compressors and de-essers, They can be used on small sections at a time for surgical corrections. You may still need to compress and/or de-ess later but the settings can be a lot less aggressive.

I have yet to use the chord function but it looks like it could be very useful, particularly in Studio One where I believe it can use S1's chord track.  (now - when will CbB have a chord track?)

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, bitflipper said:

don't watch these videos

Most of this seems to be available in V4, certainly I've made good use of transitions and selected undos in V4. Robust ARA implementation in V5 is always appreciated given the proactive efforts of the CxB devs to stay on top of this. However, still thinking Celemony should offer a deal that makes more sense for Studio owners.