UAD Half Year Sale!

cclarry

2 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Speaking of "Great deals on a Octa card" ...I found a b-stock card on Amazon for $899.  Hardly a steal but a few hundred off anyways.  

Yeah, speaking of "Great Deals ....

I found a Octo Satellite USB for the same price, and it included the stuff they give away with new units, (the Legacy plugins?). Will be here in a few days. I thought the same about the price, wasn't a great deal, but still not the full price.

So now I can record with what I want, and mix with what I want. Learned a few things about these DSP cards. I can't use more than two UA USB devices together on the same system. Never even thought about this. You would think it all works together, but apparently not.

Anyway, I'm good to go for now!

After spending a small fortune on UAD plugins I think I have covered most bases now.
Is there anything I am missing?  🙂

1176LN Plug-In for UAD-2    
1176SE Plug-In for UAD-2
Ampeg SVTVR Classic Plug-In for UAD-2
Ampex ATR-102 Plug-In for UAD-2
AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2
Brigade Chorus Plug-In for UAD-2
Capitol Chambers Reverb Plug-In for UAD-2
Fairchild Plug-In for UAD-2 (Legacy)
LA2A Plug-In for UAD-2
Manley Variable Mu Plug-In for UAD-2
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2
Marshall Plexi Classic Plug-In For UAD-2
Neve 1084 Preamp and EQ Plug-In for UAD-2
Ocean Way Studios Plug-In for UAD-2
Precision Enhancer Hz Plug-In for UAD-2
Precision Mix Rack Collection Plug-In for UAD-2
Pultec-Pro Plug-In for UAD-2
Pultec Plug-In for UAD-2
Raw Plug-In for UAD-2
RealVerb-Pro Plug-In for UAD-2
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2
SSL E Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2 (Legacy)
SSL E Preamp and Channel Strip Plug-In For UAD-2
Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder Plug-In for UAD-2
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ Plug-In for UAD-2

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Why have you chosen that @Craig Fowler
I have Capital Studios Chambers

It's just a totally different sort of sound. I didn't even bother trying it at first, because like you, I had Capitol Chambers, + Ocean Way + the Lexicons and EMTs. I tried it on a whim when an amp sim didn't have built in reverb, and quickly started putting it on other things as well. The other UAD 'verbs are great; this one just has a totally different character to it. 

• Great Idea 1

@garybrun    Some of your UA compressors could be updated to the latest (non-legacy) versions.  If I'm reading your list correctly, the Fairchild and 1176s are the "legacy" versions.  UA's "Analog Classics Pro Bundle"  has the latest  versions those compressors.  The bundle includes other plugins which you already have the latest versions.  However, UA usually discounts packages based on what you already own. 

There are also separate 'Fairchild' and '1176 Collections'.   I remember getting a discount on those collections because I owned the "legacy" versions.  But, that was a few years ago.

The non-legacy Fairchild 670 plugin has two very useful features:  1.) Mix control for parallel compression;  2.) Adjustable Side-chain Filter which adjusts how the low-end triggers the compression.  

Then again, you could wait for the usual end-of-year sale!  

• Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, Tom B said:

@garybrun    Some of your UA compressors could be updated to the latest (non-legacy) versions.  If I'm reading your list correctly, the Fairchild and 1176s are the "legacy" versions.  UA's "Analog Classics Pro Bundle"  has the latest  versions those compressors.  The bundle includes other plugins which you already have the latest versions.  However, UA usually discounts packages based on what you already own. 

There are also separate 'Fairchild' and '1176 Collections'.   I remember getting a discount on those collections because I owned the "legacy" versions.  But, that was a few years ago.

The non-legacy Fairchild 670 plugin has two very useful features:  1.) Mix control for parallel compression;  2.) Adjustable Side-chain Filter which adjusts how the low-end triggers the compression.  

Then again, you could wait for the usual end-of-year sale!  

Thanks Tom
The UA compressors where bundled with my Apollo x8p

I just grabbed a Satellite OCTO for a good price. It also came with the legacy plugins. Do I now have two licenses of these plugins?

Will have to demo that AKG reverb. I have the EMT 250, and also have heard the EMT 140, really like both of them. Gary you need to demo these two EMT reverbs also. That's the only thing I can see missing in your list!! : )

Last night I was doing some testing with the Octo and was surprised at how many UA plugins I had going in project and was only using about <20% of DSP.  One of them was OWS!!

On 6/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, StudioNSFW said:

Speaking of "Great deals on a Octa card" ...I found a b-stock card on Amazon for $899.  Hardly a steal but a few hundred off anyways.

If someone offered me $899 for my Octacard, I'd pull it and ship it, in a New York Minute...

tom

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, garybrun said:

After spending a small fortune on UAD plugins I think I have covered most bases now.
Is there anything I am missing?  🙂

1176LN Plug-In for UAD-2    
1176SE Plug-In for UAD-2
Ampeg SVTVR Classic Plug-In for UAD-2
Ampex ATR-102 Plug-In for UAD-2
AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2
Brigade Chorus Plug-In for UAD-2
Capitol Chambers Reverb Plug-In for UAD-2
Fairchild Plug-In for UAD-2 (Legacy)
LA2A Plug-In for UAD-2
Manley Variable Mu Plug-In for UAD-2
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2
Marshall Plexi Classic Plug-In For UAD-2
Neve 1084 Preamp and EQ Plug-In for UAD-2
Ocean Way Studios Plug-In for UAD-2
Precision Enhancer Hz Plug-In for UAD-2
Precision Mix Rack Collection Plug-In for UAD-2
Pultec-Pro Plug-In for UAD-2
Pultec Plug-In for UAD-2
Raw Plug-In for UAD-2
RealVerb-Pro Plug-In for UAD-2
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2
SSL E Channel Strip Plug-In for UAD-2 (Legacy)
SSL E Preamp and Channel Strip Plug-In For UAD-2
Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder Plug-In for UAD-2
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ Plug-In for UAD-2

Childs play.  😉 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, StudioNSFW said:

I picked up a thunderbolt octo satellite used for $699 (for my Mac) off ebay.

And then out of nowhere another guy was offering a brand new never opened Thunderbolt Octo Sattelite for $600 on ebay. He was a DJ and he said a friend gave it to him as a gift but he didn't have the first clue what to do with it. I won the auction but he was having trouble getting his PayPal to work. Claimed he worked endlessly with ebay/PayPal and they could not get it to work either. So he (offline) offered me the product for $500 but by the time we agreed on a COD shipment he even lowered it to $400. I was stoked. The unit arrived and is works as advertised.

So all in all I don't mind that I paid Sweetwater *cough* sale price for my USB3 Satellite Octo (added to my two Quad Cards) for the PC.

I now have 16 cores on both my PC and my Mac. Yay!

As of this half year sale I now own the full Ultimate 8 package plus quite a few more.

These are the plugs I don't own (10 of which are covered by native versions I own)

A/DA Flanger

A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay

Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier covered by Amplitube

Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle covered by Amplitube

Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier covered by Amplitube

Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier covered by Amplitube

AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip

AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb

Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced

Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection

Brainworx bx_masterdesk

Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic

Brainworx bx_refinement 

Brainworx bx_saturator V2 

bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synth

Chandler Limited Curve Bender Mastering EQ covered by Softube Console 1

Chandler Limited GAV19T Amplifier covered by Softube Console 1

Chandler Limited Zener Limiter covered by Softube Console 1

Diezel Herbert Amplifier 

Diezel VH4 Amplifier

Dytronics® Cyclosonic Panner

Dytronics® Tri-Stereo Chorus

elysia• alpha compressor 

elysia• mpressor 

Eventide® H910 Harmonizer

Fuchs Train II Amplifier

Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier

Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Amp covered by Audified

Massenburg® MDWEQ5 Parametric EQ

Millennia NSEQ-2 EQ 

Neve Complete Bundle

Neve Summing

Neve® 1084™ Preamp & EQ

Ocean Way® Microphone Collection

OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects

Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor covered by Plugin Alliance

Softube Vocoder

Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ

Sonnox Oxford Envolution

Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 

Sonnox Oxford SuprEsser DS

Sonnox® Oxford EQ 

Sonnox® Oxford Inflator covered by native version

Sound Machine Wood Works

SPL®  TwinTube Processor 

SPL® Vitalizer MK2-T 

Suhr PT100 Amplifier

Suhr SE100 Amplifier

Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor 

The Bill Putnam Mic Collection

Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor

Tube-Tech EQ Collection

Tube-Tech EQ Collection

Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor 

Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite 

Nearly all of the above are not items I'm in need/want of with the exception of maybe the Massenburg and AMS verb. I can wait to the End of Year Sale for those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

@Grem You should see the difference a TB3 interface makes to loading UAD plugs... it's astounding.

Working with just USB over here. And to be honest, working and testing these plugins the last few days I got to say I am really happy I joined the group. (I resisted for a long time!) But the USB seems to be working fine. 

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

a brand new never opened Thunderbolt Octo Sattelite for $600 on ebay.

That was a find right there!! With the way that unfolded I might have backed out thinking something was up. But to get an Octo for $400!!? Mannn!

4 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

If someone offered me $899 for my Octacard, I'd pull it and ship it, in a New York Minute...

tom

Why? To get rid of it? Or would you make a profit? With my Apollo Twin and the Octo, I'm all set.  

4 hours ago, Grem said:

To get rid of it?

UAD is my least often used suite of plugs. I had high hopes for the the '55 Deluxe, but its just ok...

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Or would you make a profit?

I honestly can't remember what I paid for it (I should look that up, but it might depress me...).
I'm sure I'm in it well over $899 with all the additional plugs (I never use...).

Mostly this was a flippant response to NSFW's post.
But in my universe everything has a "no-brainer" buy and sell dollar figure (I should say, almost everything).

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
spelling

Any thoughts on the API 2500 bus compressor plugin?   I've been demo'ing  it, and used it on a "rock" drum bus with good results.  Seems like it would work well in other contexts too.  I like the added controls for:  parallel mix,  compression curves, etc.   I have the UA1176 plugin collection and trying to determine if those cover similar ground (without the extra controls found on the 2500).  

I have the Waves API 2500 and use it on my drum buss. Like what it does. Haven't demo'd the UA version yet but.plan on it.

I did pick up the API Vision channel strip recently because I really liked the clear focus it gave my vocal after I demo'd it. 

Also demo'd that Neve preamp. Man that is sweet. Lots of character. Used it in Unison slot and recorded a clean blues rhythm to a trk. Then I added the Fender 55 and it sounded really good. But then I tried the Marshall Plexi Lead for a crunch sound and man!! That was it!!

What I was really trying to do was listen to what amps I have now, and maybe buy another before the sale ends. But I realized I'm covered!!

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

UAD is my least often used suite of plugs. I had high hopes for the the '55 Deluxe, but its just ok...

I honestly can't remember what I paid for it (I should look that up, but it might depress me...).
I'm sure I'm in it well over $899 with all the additional plugs (I never use...).

Mostly this was a flippant response to NSFW's post.
But in my universe everything has a "no-brainer" buy and sell dollar figure (I should say, almost everything).

t

Well, had you listed it, I would have bought it (and saved the sales tax). There's a dearth of used cards in the market right now, which I think is attributed to the sale. Throw in some desirable plugins and, and as you say...it's a "no brainer".

But I'm good now.

Looking forward to it's arrival...Juggling plugins and freezing tracks with a solo card is not the greatest experience..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Looking forward to it's arrival...Juggling plugins and freezing tracks with a solo card is not the greatest experience..

I have a Apollo Twin and was hitting the ceiling very quickly.  When I got the Satellite Octo, wow!! I was surprised at how much more I can do. 

You gonna be happy with the new card. 

Word of caution: they changed how to register used hardware. Look for the "If registering a used device, click here" words may not be exact, but close enough. You will have to look, it's not in plain sight. 

Fedex man just dropped it off. As I said initially, it was advertised as "B stock" I know what that means when it comes to Amps and Guitars and Carburetors , but not so much with something that just fits inside a computer.

The card arrived brand new, still in shrink wrap.  Still cannot see what makes this particular unit "B stock"... Rolling up my sleeves to install it shortly.

• Like 2