UAD Half Year Sale!

cclarry

Sometimes B Stock is something that's been opened or used in-store. But if your the first owner of it you get all the warranties  that a new card has. Did you get it off eBay? Or from a dealer/store?

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Sometimes B Stock is something that's been opened or used in-store. But if your the first owner of it you get all the warranties  that a new card has. Did you get it off eBay? Or from a dealer/store?

He said Amazon.

Yeah,  Amazon seller Altomusic. 

Box and product was indistinguishable from a shiny new one.  Shrink wrap intact. Just got the card installed, fired up, registered and Plugins enabled.. With only 1x PCIe slot left I had to pull the solo card out to put in the octo, but no drama or pain from UA in registering my plugin library to the new card.  

I guess the solo card will just go back in its static bag and box for now. Probably will either resell it or maybe put it into another DAW PC I am slapping together for a friend...

Edited by StudioNSFW
  • Like 1

My observation after a mixing and mastering session last night: For a more or less normal song for this vocalist demo (Piano and keys, no drums) , I seem to hover at about 35% utilization - nothing too exotic other than Capital Chambers - some 1176s (non-legacy), Legacy Fairchild,  the LA-3A, Studer tape emulator and Brainworx masterdesk .   My 6th grade math education tells me that could have probably gotten away with a quad card, so the 8 core is just a lot of head room - maybe I am just used to using them sparingly now from the solo card. When I get some stuff with drums going I maybe might  crack that 50%

Happy as hell with the results.  Given that a Quad core is only about $150 cheaper than I paid for this one, and I have but one slot available, Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

3 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Happy as hell with the results.

I knew you would be!!!

3 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

I have ZERO regrets too!!

6 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

My observation after a mixing and mastering session last night: For a more or less normal song for this vocalist demo (Piano and keys, no drums) , I seem to hover at about 35% utilization - nothing too exotic other than Capital Chambers - some 1176s (non-legacy), Legacy Fairchild,  the LA-3A, Studer tape emulator and Brainworx masterdesk .   My 6th grade math education tells me that could have probably gotten away with a quad card, so the 8 core is just a lot of head room - maybe I am just used to using them sparingly now from the solo card. When I get some stuff with drums going I maybe might  crack that 50%

Happy as hell with the results.  Given that a Quad core is only about $150 cheaper than I paid for this one, and I have but one slot available, Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

Check back in a year when you've gone to 90% utilization rather consistently and you're scouring the web for a deal on another Octo.

It will happen. Oh yes, it will happen. 🙂 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

Check back in a year when you've gone to 90% utilization rather consistently and you're scouring the web for a deal on another Octo.

It will happen. Oh yes, it will happen. 🙂 

I can believe that!

• Haha 1