Jump to content
cclarry

UAD Half Year Sale!

Recommended Posts

Sometimes B Stock is something that's been opened or used in-store. But if your the first owner of it you get all the warranties  that a new card has. Did you get it off eBay? Or from a dealer/store?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Sometimes B Stock is something that's been opened or used in-store. But if your the first owner of it you get all the warranties  that a new card has. Did you get it off eBay? Or from a dealer/store?

He said Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bapu said:

He said Amazon.

Unless it was some retailer selling on Amazon. If not, IDK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah,  Amazon seller Altomusic. 

Box and product was indistinguishable from a shiny new one.  Shrink wrap intact. Just got the card installed, fired up, registered and Plugins enabled.. With only 1x PCIe slot left I had to pull the solo card out to put in the octo, but no drama or pain from UA in registering my plugin library to the new card.  

I guess the solo card will just go back in its static bag and box for now. Probably will either resell it or maybe put it into another DAW PC I am slapping together for a friend...

Edited by StudioNSFW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StudioNSFW said:

Also, I just noticed they extended the half year sale through the 6th...

No, I didn't see this. Did your card register as new or used?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My observation after a mixing and mastering session last night: For a more or less normal song for this vocalist demo (Piano and keys, no drums) , I seem to hover at about 35% utilization - nothing too exotic other than Capital Chambers - some 1176s (non-legacy), Legacy Fairchild,  the LA-3A, Studer tape emulator and Brainworx masterdesk .   My 6th grade math education tells me that could have probably gotten away with a quad card, so the 8 core is just a lot of head room - maybe I am just used to using them sparingly now from the solo card. When I get some stuff with drums going I maybe might  crack that 50%

Happy as hell with the results.  Given that a Quad core is only about $150 cheaper than I paid for this one, and I have but one slot available, Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Happy as hell with the results.

I knew you would be!!!

 

3 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

I have ZERO regrets too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StudioNSFW said:

My observation after a mixing and mastering session last night: For a more or less normal song for this vocalist demo (Piano and keys, no drums) , I seem to hover at about 35% utilization - nothing too exotic other than Capital Chambers - some 1176s (non-legacy), Legacy Fairchild,  the LA-3A, Studer tape emulator and Brainworx masterdesk .   My 6th grade math education tells me that could have probably gotten away with a quad card, so the 8 core is just a lot of head room - maybe I am just used to using them sparingly now from the solo card. When I get some stuff with drums going I maybe might  crack that 50%

Happy as hell with the results.  Given that a Quad core is only about $150 cheaper than I paid for this one, and I have but one slot available, Still pleased the next day with no twinge of buyers remorse.

Check back in a year when you've gone to 90% utilization rather consistently and you're scouring the web for a deal on another Octo.

It will happen. Oh yes, it will happen. 🙂 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bapu said:

Check back in a year when you've gone to 90% utilization rather consistently and you're scouring the web for a deal on another Octo.

It will happen. Oh yes, it will happen. 🙂 

I can believe that!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...