UAD Half Year Sale!

cclarry

35 minutes ago, Grem said:

Looking at the Neve 1084 and I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like it has the Unison tech. Am I seeing this wrong? Maybe those of you who are more experienced with UA plugins could tell, how can you tell for sure? On the plugin page the plugins that have Unison tech have a Unison badge by them, the Neve 1084 doesn't have one. And neither does the product page state that you can trk with it.

Hi Grem, it is definitely a Unison channel... I don't use unison myself as I have only Satellites, but this is what I found on the Neve 1084 ch description at UAD web...

Get the full character of the original hardware’s class-A, dual-stage mic preamp with Unison™ technology

• Thanks 1

[snark_on]

So I can get the Ultimate 8 for $1,499.

Here's the thing. I already own everything in the Ultimate 8 except the Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery plugin. Which is on sale for $99 and I have a $25 Coupon in my account.

What should I do guys?

[/snark_off]

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, Bapu said:

[snark_on]

Here's the thing. I already own everything in the Ultimate 8 except the Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery plugin. Which is on sale for $99 and I have a $25 Coupon in my account.

What should I do guys?

[/snark_off]

Stop showing off!!  🙂

• Great Idea 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, Bapu said:

[snark_on]

What should I do guys?

[/snark_off]

Sell the extras to me ;) 

11 hours ago, James Foxall said:

I picked up the Korg 3000 for $75. Nice delay.

I looked at that one too!!

I have almost all my picks selected. I am on the fence about the Helios 69. I want to demo it first. I demo'd the API Vision and picked it, I also demo'd Capital Chambers and Oceanway Studio (leaning towards the Oceanway), the last one I want to demo is the Helios. From what I read and heard in the demo's, along with recommendations from some forum members, I know I would be happy with it. 
Just trying to get the most for my money with the 3+1 deal. If I select the Helios as a pick, then it's almost like I am giving up $50 - $70 in plugins because I can get the Helios for $99. The others I am looking at are $149 - $179. So I may get those and purchase the Helios on it's own, or wait for another sale.

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

I looked at that one too!!

I have almost all my picks selected. I am on the fence about the Helios 69. I want to demo it first. I demo'd the API Vision and picked it, I also demo'd Capital Chambers and Oceanway Studio (leaning towards the Oceanway), the last one I want to demo is the Helios. From what I read and heard in the demo's, along with recommendations from some forum members, I know I would be happy with it. 
Just trying to get the most for my money with the 3+1 deal. If I select the Helios as a pick, then it's almost like I am giving up $50 - $70 in plugins because I can get the Helios for $99. The others I am looking at are $149 - $179. So I may get those and purchase the Helios on it's own, or wait for another sale.

Get Capitol AND Oceanway Studios says I!

I have the Helios and like it. I don't feel like I don't get as much out of it as I could, though, simply because I don't have any Unison pres.

I used my coupon to get the AKG spring verb for $75, and it's very, very nice. Now must resist the temptation to use the $25 thank you coupon on something else!

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Seeing that a lot of you guyz can have plugin under 100$ questions the need to have to buybthose bundles...

The plugins I am picking are more than $100. Two are $149, and the other two will be that much or more. Looking at two right now that are $169 and over. With the choices I make it could save me anywhere between $150 to $200. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Grem said:

The plugins I am picking are more than $100. Two are $149, and the other two will be that much or more. Looking at two right now that are $169 and over. With the choices I make it could save me anywhere between $150 to $200. 

Michael, I strongly suggest reading through this if you haven't already: https://www.audioanimals.co.uk/news/quick-tips/everything-you-need-to-know-about-universal-audiou-uad-sales-tips-tricks-sale-dates

Also, I don't look at their retail prices. Buying first what you need the most, regardless of the discounts is how I go about it. Then when you've made your short list: Buy the most expensive ones from that list if buying ''in the package' 3+1 or similar'. But you know that sooner or later you'll part with your money and get pretty much everything you (hopefully) need. This is to be considered and if you can afford it somehow, right now is a great time to jump up to bigger bundles... that is if you REALLY need those additional plugins, now or in the nearest foreseeable future. 

Kind of wish that less is more, is the ultimate truth... Perhaps in production process, but not at the buying stage 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Craig Fowler said:

Get Capitol AND Oceanway Studios says I!

That could be the way I go. Not sure. 

20 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Michael, I strongly suggest reading through this if you haven't already:

Thanks Zok, going to read that right now.

13 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I admit most of my tracking has been through the Neve 1073 though. 

I have that one, and I am getting the API Vision.  I like the Neve better! But that API has very nice character too.

Still thinking about the Avalon channel strip. My third is the AMS RMX16 Reverb. Trying to decide if I want the ones I got picked or just go for all the most expensive. Think I am going with the ones I will use in the near future. I am mostly recording right now so it will be that guiding  me.

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Do you have the 176 comps ?

Yes. I got those and the La2a. So I am good on comps for now. More channel strips would give me more variety when recording. And my experience so far with the Unison technology is something I want to dig into more as far as large console emulations.

What do you suggest Zo?

• Like 1