UAD Half Year Sale!

cclarry

Find your Treasure — Again!

The people have spoken, and they either don't like The Beatles, or they love uncovering amazing plug‑in deals!

Enjoy huge storewide savings up to 60% on "optical tubesy whatsits" and so much more until June 30th.

Don't forget — we reset all of your UAD plug‑in demos to help you discover that perfect gem.

Find Your Treasure

Alright!! Been waiting for this. Which one would you get Larry? 

They offered me the new Neve 1084 for a intro price because I own Neve 1073. I really love and use the 1073, wondering if the 1084 would really be worth it, so I held off. 

Might try a SSL strip. 

• Like 1

Oh YEA Larry,  Why don't you just rub the stinking sale in our face because we don't have Universal Audio Gear!!!  😣

ME:   Mommy, why can't I have a Manley’s VOXBOX channel strip plugin like all the other kids in the forum.

MOM:  Son, because you were to darn cheap to buy UA hardware!!!

ME:  Mommy, how come Grem gets to play with the Neve plugins?

MOM:  Because Grem's mother has a better job than I do, now shut up and eat your veggies!!!

Edited by jesse g
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Grem said:

Alright!! Been waiting for this. Which one would you get Larry? 

They offered me the new Neve 1084 for a intro price because I own Neve 1073. I really love and use the 1073, wondering if the 1084 would really be worth it, so I held off. 

Might try a SSL strip. 

That's a tough one Grem....SLL is a sure bet...but there's a lot of good ones
in this sale, so that's going to be a personal call!

37 minutes ago, cclarry said:

but there's a lot of good ones
in this sale, so that's going to be a personal call

Oh yeah I know! But you got some that I never would have thought about getting (Fender Deluxe comes to mind!). So what you would get would help steer me in a good direction. If you had to pick one, which would it be? : )

If you have a Unison preamp the SSL is wonderful, as is the Neve 1073. My very favorite though, is the Helios 69. Man, it's just yummy! I'm trying to only get UAD plugins that are Unison-enabled at this point. I've got most other things covered from other vendors but being able to track with the plugins is amazing.  I recently tracked a whole band session using the Helios and loved the results. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

I feel like a sinner just looking at UAD's stuff on regular pricing. When they're on sale, I peek in, and think to myself - damn, that's a nice plugin! if it ever goes on a big sale I'm in! 😄😭

Yeah, that's where I am now. I am telling myself... just one!!! 

But it's a fight between the BiaB Style Packs, the Melodyne 5 upgrade, or these!!

8 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

If you have a Unison preamp the SSL is wonderful, as is the Neve 1073. My very favorite though, is the Helios 69. Man, it's just yummy! I'm trying to only get UAD plugins that are Unison-enabled at this point. I've got most other things covered from other vendors but being able to track with the plugins is amazing.  I recently tracked a whole band session using the Helios and loved the results. 

Yes I have the Unison Apollo Twin. And man.. I never thought tracking with something like this would really be that different. You know, this is all just hype and BS... right?

Man was I ever wrong on that!

I love that Neve 1073. And was looking at that Helios 69. That's on my wish list.

edit: thanks for the advice Larry!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

But it's a fight between the BiaB Style Packs, the Melodyne 5 upgrade, or these!!

UAD is a get it while you can...their structure is crazy...so sales are really hit or miss...

Biab and Melodyne go on sale regularly and are more "accessible" at lower prices...UAD isn't

• Like 1

I just ordered a digital piano, and still feel a bit bad about spending the money. But it strangely makes me feel better to know that I paid for an actual digital piano the cost of 2 UAD plugins. Wait, they're on sale now. 3! 🤪

• Haha 1

Yes I have the Unison Apollo Twin.

Well, if you're in that world... a buddy of mine has it, and I told him to stop complaining about the cost of their plugins. If you wanna' be a king, you have to live like a king. 🙂

• Like 1

I second the Helios 69 and Neve DFC which is one of a true sleepers and light on the CPU (ahm.. DPS). Also worth checking out are Avalon VT-737sp, Cooper Time Cube, MDWEQ5, Oxford Envolution (can also be had in the native version). Those are used here on pretty much every mix.

Looking into get the new Neve 1084 or the SSL channel strip, anyone compared them to the Acustica stuff?

• Like 1

I use the plugins during mix as well. Their Legacy plugins that come with all their interfaces are great for some general use when you want to save on CPU hit. They barely hit the SHARK chips and sound good and work well. I often track with a Unison plugin and then drop a Legacy version on the track during mix. Their regular ones hit the SHARKS hard but also sound amazing when used during mix and mastering. 

One advantage to this system is that it, for me, feels more like recording with real analog gear. I can push the Unison pre just like on a desk and get very close to how it feels.

It is an expensive way to go and I grit my teeth every time I purchase one but I haven't regretted the decision yet. I can't say that about many things these days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

It is an expensive way to go and I grit my teeth every time I purchase one but I haven't regretted the decision yet. I can't say that about many things these days.

Spot on Tommy, cannot agree more. When my honeymoon with UAD was over, all that has been left is a steady trusted - working relationship and one can only love the things that simply work and can be counted on - err working!

Totally different experience with the Acustica stuff... I'm on the Mac, can't trust them in the heath of the session. They sound great but are extremely unreliable... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

I second the Helios 69 and Neve DFC which is one of a true sleepers and light on the CPU (ahm.. DPS)

I think I will pick up the Helios. The DFC is one of those plugins that I would not have given a second glance at. I may go ahead and grab that one too!! 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I can push the Unison pre just like on a desk and get very close to how it feels.

This ^^ is what really surprised me. The interaction with the "red knob" and the mic is something to experience!!

3 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

When my honeymoon with UAD was over

I guess mine is still going on!! And loving it!! : ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I will pick up the Helios. The DFC is one of those plugins that I would not have given a second glance at. I may go ahead and grab that one too!! 

Yeah I was curious as the code for DFC was directly ported as on the original Film console. That had a great sound ( very surprising for the digital console), so on that basis demoed it... fell in love. Width is really great and a bit unique sounding.

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

I guess mine is still going on!! And loving it!! : ) 

Actually, I stand corrected! Cheated a bit and fooled around, but back to me UAD momma!

• Haha 1

Looking at the Neve 1084 and I may be wrong, but it doesn't look like it has the Unison tech. Am I seeing this wrong? Maybe those of you who are more experienced with UA plugins could tell, how can you tell for sure? On the plugin page the plugins that have Unison tech have a Unison badge by them, the Neve 1084 doesn't have one. And neither does the product page state that you can trk with it.