Trash is back

Fleer

I own Trash 2 and I'm logged in but don't see upgrade price anywhere? SORRY: It was under Check my offers right at bottom

Edited by tom

24 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

so apart from removed features and a new skin, what's new? didn't see anything on the site

What's different is that instead of custom wave shaping you have an XY pad to combine different distortion types. What's added is the multiband for the convolver and an XY pad for that too. So it seems like a good plugin but not as good as Trash 2 because of all the missing features.

I wonder if they will add the missing features in a future version. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hillmy said:

What's different is that instead of custom wave shaping you have an XY pad to combine different distortion types. What's added is the multiband for the convolver and an XY pad for that too. So it seems like a good plugin but not as good as Trash 2 because of all the missing features.

I wonder if they will add the missing features in a future version. 

Yes, features will be added in Trash 4 and 5. 199 bucks to upgrade then. 

Seriously,  iZotope develop their stuff like games,  nearly no improvements once released.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

so apart from removed features and a new skin, what's new? didn't see anything on the site

Well apart from what dudeskin above mentioned, there is a big 3 in place of a 2, and the knowing that you have the latest and Gr. . . . well the latest anyway. I've got them all so there is no point stopping now. Upgrade/update whatever they call it, here I come . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

Well apart from what dudeskin above mentioned, there is a big 3 in place of a 2, and the knowing that you have the latest and Gr. . . . well the latest anyway. I've got them all so there is no point stopping now. Upgrade/update whatever they call it, here I come . . .

To be fair, "streamlining" Trash 3 a bit in comparison to V2 might give quicker results without sacrificing quality, better workflow (time will tell) and the right solution for our distortion needs in 90% of the cases. I've always perceived Trash 2 as a feature-rich workstation solution with nearly endless depth, but is this what I need in everyday producing and mixing? A crucial factor will be the quality of the IRs and distortion algorithms. But to build an opinion on these things, I'll have to buy and thoroughly test the product. Having Dist Coldfire, Pyros, the Voxengo saturation / distortion stuff and Melda around, I don't know if it's wise to add another fancy animal to the zoo. 

Looking forward to reading your posts / opinions as they are, as someone else said, relatively unbiased by economic considerations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I own multiple Everything Bundles and my price to update (even though it SHOULD be free) is $29

Shows full price for me.   Outside of the name Izotope on it not sure it's really worth it.   Will this be other other head of the 3 headed monster that I will slay,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I own multiple Everything Bundles and my price to update (even though it SHOULD be free) is $29

I bought the Everything bundle in the past, but do they keep adding products for free? I also bought the upgrade to MPS version 6 after that when there was a glitch to get it dirt cheap, so I wasn’t expecting to get this for free.

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Same here...

My plugin library already contains a lot of trash, don't know if I need more...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Haha 8