Combine UAD vouchers until 11:59 PST

Fleer

Opinions of these 4? I have plenty of each type, but am looking for a particular UAD favorite for a new user.  😁

UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection
Studer® A800 Tape Recorder
API Vision Channel Strip Collection
Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

Opinions of these 4? I have plenty of each type, but am looking for a particular UAD favorite for a new user.  😁

UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection is pretty unique, difficult to find elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mibby said:

I like all of them. I'm the opposite of Fleer, though, the compressors would be last on my list - I just don't have good enough ears to make me choose them over the other compressors I have!

The Lex reverb is great, and I prefer it to the 480. The channel strip is probably my favourite all-purpose strip, and I'm enjoying have the Studer because it gives me an option to my super CPU-hungry IK tapes. It gives just the sort of sound I'm after when I abuse the settings (again, not golden ears here, so subtle is wasted on me).

I just got the Fairchild for $14...it almost seemed rude not to. I don't think there's really anything else I want or need (famous last words).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I feel like an outsider watching you all get so excited about these plugins. I'm looking at the list and can't see a single one I'm interested in.

Are they all either hardware emulations or versions made specifically for UA hardware?

Yep, these are really great times.  These guys make arguably the best plugins in the biz.  And rightfully so.  Their software development is just top notch.  I really can't believe the prices are SO low!  Makes me regret my recent Waves purchases.

Although you're not interested in any of their plugins, I would really recommend demo-ing plugins before you buy.

Some plugins are "native & apollo" and some are "apollo only".  //Apollo =  UA DSP

Make sure to check that it's native if you're gonna buy :)

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection is pretty unique, difficult to find elsewhere. 

Installed!  I watched videos on the ones I was interest in and the demo and this video had me at "character and driven". For starters, these guys will get a good workout on my drum bus.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Web page says sale ends 10/2...
Does that mean that 10/2 is that last day of sale or that's when it's dead?

Normally they mean end of day PST. 

BUT they’ve been known to shut down a few hours before that deadline. 

Anybody has experience with uad V76 , not a lot of time to test on a alot of material , it does wonder here on elektron beat .... but i'm wondering if i'm just hearing it's roll offs (that tighten the thing like crazy) 

• Like 1