UAD DBX 160 now native - $39 with coupon

trager

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/compressors-limiters/dbx-160-new.html

Added to 50% off sale (at $99) but maybe they'll have a more specific promotion soon.

Edit: Now $89 and there's a $50 coupon.

Edit: Now at resellers for $39 without coupon, including the following:
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/audio-plugins/universal-audio-dbx®-160-compressorlimiter
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/8-Compressor/11176-dbx-160-Compressor-Limiter-
https://www.thomannmusic.com/universal_audio_dbx_160_compressor_limiter.htm

Edited by trager
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At least on my account, when going to the checkout, I have a -50e coupon for it. Expires Nov 18th.

So 58 euros (w/ tax). Did not pull the trigger yet.

Coupon only valid on purchases of $89 or more. Cannot be used on Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced or C-Suite plug-ins.

Edit: Coupon actually works on anything (above 89).

Edited by Kirean
Testing coupon

• trager changed the title to UAD DBX 160 now native - $39 with coupon
4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Waiting for the Manley VoxBox myself. 

Fleer

The Manley VOXis on sale for $149.00 and accepts the additional 50 dollars off coupon.  The final price is $99.00.

Savings Code: DBX50
Expires: 09/18/2023 11:59 PM PST
Coupon only valid on purchases of $89 or more. Cannot be used on Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced or C-Suite plug-ins.

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Or you can get
Teletronix® LA-3A Classic Audio Leveler
$49 with Savings Code: DBX50
If you have one of $25 coupons that knocks it down to $24

Never been too wowed with the DBX50 compressor, back in the day only used it when my other options were tied up/in use.

Worked, thanks! I like the sound of the DBX and this is a nice replacement for the Waves one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zo said:

It s a beast , don t underestimate it , 

It has the capacity to introduce punch like very few around ....

Zo you a dangerous mofo...
Based on your comment I relistened to the DBX160 demo tracks and now 14 of my precious little buckaroos will never again nest with their siblings in my bank account.  😥 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Price is tempting.. I've just been A->B testing between the Waves version, NI/Softube's VC-160 and this.

Waves wins on features, but loses points for WUP and being Waves! Sounds different to the other two. Not in a bad way or anything. Sometimes I preferred it.

The NI / Softube and UAD sound very close to my ears. So much so that I'm wondering whether Softube coded the algorithms for UAD given the similarities and their relationship with UAD.

I'm not certain it really adds much to the NI one included in Komplete apart from UA having a scalable UI.

Edit: Also testing the Hornet MultiComp MK2 which you can select VCA-160 as a model inside it.

Analog Obsession does the free dBComp, but I don't think I've got that installed any more.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Price is tempting.. I've just been A->B testing between the Waves version, NI/Softube's VC-160 and this.

Waves wins on features, but loses points for WUP and being Waves! Sounds different to the other two. Not in a bad way or anything. Sometimes I preferred it.

The NI / Softube and UAD sound very close to my ears. So much so that I'm wondering whether Softube coded the algorithms for UAD given the similarities and their relationship with UAD.

I'm not certain it really adds much to the NI one included in Komplete apart from UA having a scalable UI.

I TOTALLY forgot about the NI/Softube one. So now I have 3 DBX160's in total and I'm down €22. Good thing I stoppped drinking for the next 3 months, that should save me the money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I TOTALLY forgot about the NI/Softube one. So now I have 3 DBX160's in total and I'm down €22. Good thing I stoppped drinking for the next 3 months, that should save me the money.

It gets like that sometimes 🤣

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the comparison between this one and the NI/Softube one too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Zo you a dangerous mofo...
Based on your comment I relistened to the DBX160 demo tracks and now 14 of my precious little buckaroos will never again nest with their siblings in my bank account.  😥 

lol well it was one i bought after getting my cards and i had all natives and ssl ....but man this one , light on cpou / dsp and handle drums like very few , not only ....

It has this 3D (hate that term) , understand that enveloppe that make the dynamic ranges still discenrable while being mastered ....

It really suprised me to tell the truth ....now i can live  without  to be honest ...but the 3A and DBX are my "souljas" on tracks and fast duties for cpu hit and efficiency in task ....

For exemple , on another thread i stated that i was gasing over the elektron or drumlogue ...problem i hear witgh drumlogue is tha it's rounder , not punchy at all but some drive (i like the moog drive) and some dbx and you haver another drum machine !!!! (i don't own it yet but this was my soludtion to get closer to elektron Syntakt while having samples playback witch the later doesn't have)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

It has this 3D (hate that term) , understand that enveloppe that make the dynamic ranges still discenrable while being mastered ....

Just say “It makes drums twack like you are slapping a dead octopus on the floor”.  

Honestly, I’m more into the DBX160XT for the boxy midrange punch, but of the handful of oddball plug in’s I’ve heard that try to emulate it fail by a large margin IMO.  But this is still twacktastically useful on some applications.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

It gets like that sometimes 🤣

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the comparison between this one and the NI/Softube one too.

I'm easily coerced into frivoless audio thingies. Gainmatching was a bit of a b*tch, but the UA and Waves sound very similar. The NA was the odd one out to me. That one sounds more compressed at exactly the same settings (besides output gain). 

Native Instruments:

Universal Audio

Waves

You be the judge. I just made a percussion rich loop with some melodic elements and the DBX on the master (followed by a Pro L te prevent any peaks, but I don't think I overshot 0db.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I'm easily coerced into frivoless audio thingies. Gainmatching was a bit of a b*tch, but the UA and Waves sound very similar. The NA was the odd one out to me. That one sounds more compressed at exactly the same settings (besides output gain). 

Native Instruments:

Universal Audio

Waves

You be the judge. I just made a percussion rich loop with some melodic elements and the DBX on the master (followed by a Pro L te prevent any peaks, but I don't think I overshot 0db.

Listening on airpod heavy bass and mid ....

NI to shy , everything preserverd but no dbx feel 

now chekc the kik control on uad versus waves and how waves get mid and boxy while uad is pinned down with the rest of the rythm 

this is why i used it on kiks , ability to deboom , debox , and give density with a solid phse of the transient , makint it stick out heavy mix and small speakers .

so fav is ( in this exemple ) 

uad 

waves 

NI

but i recall NI being better than this ...

• Like 1