[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

7 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I have always saved with incremental numbering. I work on v10 then save as v11. Work on v11 and save as v12. I have never created sub folders for each version. I just stack them up in one folder per song. Do you need a video?

@Max Arwood we have verified that this issue is specific to saving to a UNC path and its definitely a preexisting issue. We'll fix it in the Sonar codebase but the fix will not be in CbB for this reason.

• Haha 1

This version got a timing issue/bug. Im doing 3 beats for a very popular commercial artist in the pop industry. 

I have done one beat so far which is finish (well, i need to go and have a look for this issue there too.) Bounce and Crop does not snap accurately to the grid. 

PS: Yep confirmed! Its there too. 😭 I have a deadline on this! 😭

I have tried everything in the snap setting. Enabled and Disabled every landmark there - failed attempt. Big Whoop! 

Screenshot (1).png

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The issue is than you're using a network path - why this causes an issue, I'm not sure - we'll investigate further.

For the meantime, I suggest mapping a drive to \\PLATINUM_STUDIO\! Wave\

So in Windows Explorer:
1.  Navigate to \\PLATINUM_STUDIO 
2. Right click on the "! Wave" directory, and choose "Map network drive" then choose a drive letter (e.g. P:  )
3. From then on, access your project as P:\Brian Sherwood\Step by Step.... etc.  You may also wish to change your Project Files location within Preferences to P:\Brian Sherwood.

FWIW - this isn't a regression in 2023.09... I get the same behaviour in 2022.11 if I use a UNC path (e.g. \\MYSHARE\ )

I guess what threw me off was that the file really is local! I'm not sure how the \\ got in the wave file path. I didn't even notice this. I think I opened it up remotely and the path name stuck.  Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, IgoRr said:

I confirm - that everything is exactly the same for me, and this has been happening for at least 3-4 years, and maybe more, I just didn’t pay attention to it before. I think that this is a minor bug that simply no one pays much attention to and does not point it out to the developers.

I don't confirm. This has never happened and does not happen now. I use the cakewalk Tungsten theme too.

Edited by Vyacheslav

On 9/12/2023 at 8:46 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Max Arwood sure that its new to this release? Will try and repro.

I am having some strange save issues also.  It has happened on two projects which were produced on various versions of Sonar and CbB.  Clips disappearing and other weirdness that I can't seem to pinpoint because it is so random and head scratching.

21 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Max Arwood we have verified that this issue is specific to saving to a UNC path and its definitely a preexisting issue. We'll fix it in the Sonar codebase but the fix will not be in CbB for this reason.

Forgive me, but if we are in a moment where EA recognizes a BUG, even if pre-existing (????), it is difficult for me to understand that this is not corrected in the version we are testing, but only in the final product SONAR.

So put it in your promotional post:

"PREEXISTING BUGS, EVEN IF CHECKED IN THIS VERSION, WILL NOT BE FIXED."

Even though it seems like a huge contradiction to say that more than 60 bugs were fixed, but this one no or other preexisting bug.

@msmcleod @Jonathan Sasor @Max Arwood

Edited by Milton Sica
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:09 PM, Morten Saether said:

There will be no rollback installer for this release.

Well dang nabit, I know all about buyer beware, but jeepers.  Is this really true?  I can read, and it says no rollback installer.  But is this for the latest early access which is causing issues?

If so it is now time to find a different solution. 

I still have my lifetime Platinum somewhere.

Surely this will be addressed and fixed.

• Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

54 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Forgive me, but if we are in a moment where EA recognizes a BUG, even if pre-existing (????), it is difficult for me to understand that this is not corrected in the version we are testing, but only in the final product SONAR.

So put it in your promotional post:

"PREEXISTING BUGS, EVEN IF CHECKED IN THIS VERSION, WILL NOT BE FIXED."

Even though it seems like a huge contradiction to say that more than 60 bugs were fixed, but this one no or other preexisting bug.

@msmcleod @Jonathan Sasor @Max Arwood

I think it's somewhat obvious.

They have to have a set cutoff point to all aspects of development and support to a product that will soon be only a courtesy of the people responsible for sustaining this fab product. It is time for us all to move on. With the work they allotted, this is the end of fixing for Cakewalk by Bandlab. Wonderful memories, much gratitude, tons of music, and looking forward to this products future which is now Sonar By Cakewalk!

At Last! We're home again!

Edited by Keni
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Keni said:

They have to have a set cutoff point to all aspects of development and support to a product that will soon be only a courtesy of the people responsible for sustaining this fab product. It is time for us all to move on. With the work they allotted, this is the end of fixing for Cakewalk by Bandlab. Wonderful memories, much gratitude, tons of music, and looking forward to this products future which is now Sonar By Cakewalk!

I basically feel the same way as you do Keni.  I have loved my years with Sonar, starting with Sonar 6 and all the iterations after that including my Lifetime Updates that I purchased.  CbB was great for me and I am excited for the future and to see what the new Next and Sonar are.

When you do the math it could very well be "less than the total cost one double latte a week from your favorite coffee vendor per year," to continue using my favorite DAW.

We all have an individual tolerance for ambiguity, some more, some less. 

I look forward to the future.

Peace!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Shall we start a contest on the release date of the new Cakewalk and Cakewalk Next   :D

Winner wins absolutely nothing 😆

Likely close as this last CbB update appears to be slated for this month.

I’m hoping that also means that Sonar is about to appear!

4 minutes ago, Will. said:

Dont think i will forget. I want my nothing!

I have it here safe and sound.  Of course you do realize to ship this Nothing will cost you $$$ in S&H charges plus my time and effort to find the right box plus the trip to the post office ;)  

P.S.  Don't worry I take PayPal    :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keni said:

I’m hoping that also means that Sonar is about to appear!

Beep - - - - - -  - - - - Beep - - -  - - - - - - Beep - - - - - - Beep - - - - - - -  Beep - - - - - Beep - - - -  Beep - - -  -  Beep - - - -  Beep  - - - - Beep - - - Beep - - - Beep - - Beep - - Beep - Beep - Beep Beep Beep    🤣

• Like 1

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]