Studio One + Price Increases on Sept 1st

cclarry

1 minute ago, Brian Lawler said:

Hmmm.  Monthly cost up 33% but annual change only @ 8%.  I guess a play to keep the current subscribers on the bus?  I assume the next version-up (7) for non-subbers will show some increase as well.

Because they want you to subscribe for a year, not go month to month. That's why they raise the monthly rate.

• Like 3

Every time there is an acquisition, the bean counters on the buying side need to see growth. For a main product with updates every 2 years for less than a year subscription, it may get more foul going forward for the version releases. A lot of these subscriptions I simply take as acknowledgement that a product is mature and reached the point of diminishing returns. 

• Like 4

Businesses struggling to stay alive during recession. They seem to have learned their lesson since the last financial crisis in 2008, but sadly they learned the wrong one.

They want our money NOW, ASAP, as much money as possible. But the only thing that they get is  customers leaving a sinking ship and less earnings. And on top of that the interests on loans are increasing. Good luck greedy entrepreneurs.

Edited by Marina
  • Like 5

The price increases are for new customers only. Costs for existing customers remain the same:

All active members – and anyone who signs up for a Studio One+ subscription plan by August 31, 2023 – will maintain the current standard pricing of $14.95/month or $164.95/year for as long as their Studio One+ membership is active. 

(Quote taken from link in original post)

• Thanks 1

Must be Ukraine war ... lol i m stuned the amount of people here that increase prices or regular stuff and when you ask they «  you know it the ukraine war «  lol even my barber shop lol 

But to be fait , energy prices in germany are going up like in france and i think if i recall well , they have a dev departemnt there ....

or they simply confident now to do so ... no more challenger , but well established one ...

But it s touching subs only right ? Or it is a question of time before lifetime licence are hit ?

Edited by Zo

43 minutes ago, Zo said:

Must be Ukraine war ... lol i m stuned the amount of people here that increase prices or regular stuff and when you ask they «  you know it the ukraine war «  lol even my barber shop lol 

But to be fait , energy prices in germany are going up like in france and i think if i recall well , they have a dev departemnt there ....

or they simply confident now to do so ... no more challenger , but well established one ...

But it s touching subs only right ? Or it is a question of time before lifetime licence are hit ?

I can confirm that gas prices for end customers in Germany are dropping now. A kWh generated from natural gas used to cost back in November 2021 about 0.12 cent, then in the summer of 2022 it surged to more than 0.26 cent just to drop back to 0.09 cent right now. One kWh of electric power used to cost 0.42 cent in my contract for 2022. Now my new contractual price for kWh is 0.32 cent. And the electricity in Germany is one of the most expensive in Europe. I see that in France EDF is charging about half of that for a kWh thanks to the nuclear power.

While the electricity prices are pretty high because of moving from coal and nuclear to renewable power, the gas prices are very stable at the moment and the effect of Russian war in Ukraine on gas deliveries is nonexistent.

On the other side fuel prices and increased demand for services and good after the lockdowns are over was what was driving the prices up. While we have almost no control on fuel prices, because Europe has insignificant sources of this commodity, the ECB has some means of regulating the demand of services and goods. And that’s the interest rates. So basically they’re reversing the inflation trend by increasing the key interest rates which makes it hard for people to spend money on services and goods like there’s no tomorrow, but that makes it also difficult for businesses to get a lifeline loans. Therefore businesses are trying to fill the gaps by increasing prices or decreasing the quality (as seen massively in grocery stores in Germany and maybe everywhere else too), because they know that while today it might be still possible to extract as much as possible from their customers, tomorrow it will be hardly the case. As a part of business ecosystem plugin and audio software developers know that and are profiting. The virtual goods are obviously unlimited in quantity, so developers loose really nothing from their deep “no-brainer” discounts, instead they’re getting more profits during times of recession. Without these profits right now they’re toast. And the price for the recession is once again paid by us - the customers and it’s up to us to stop spending money for what we don’t need.

And back to PreSonus, what new do they have to offer for 5 more bucks a month?

Edited by Marina
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Fleer said:

I hate subs

IDK... I just got through eating a sub with 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of salami, and two slices of pepperoni (all thin slices of course) and a slice of Provolone... and it was gooood!! 

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Grem said:

IDK... I just got through eating a sub with 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of salami, and two slices of pepperoni (all thin slices of course) and a slice of Provolone... and it was gooood!! 

Now that’s my kind of sub!

• Like 1