Spitfire BBC Orchestra Updated

cclarry

I ran into an issue with the VST3 version not running after update, but I fixed the problem and it now works. The problem was that it created a folder called ".vst3" at the end of the name so Cakewalk assumed the folder was the file and it couldn't load it. So the solution is to rename the folder without ".vst3" at the end of the name, then it will work. 

Just wanted to share in case someone has the same problem and doesn't know what to do.

Edited by Hillmy
A better fix is on page two!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Hillmy said:

I ran into an issue with the VST3 version not running after update, but I fixed the problem and it now works. The problem was that it created a folder called ".vst3" at the end of the name so Cakewalk assumed the folder was the file and it couldn't load it. So the solution is to rename the folder without ".vst3" at the end of the name, then it will work. 

Just wanted to share in case someone has the same problem and doesn't know what to do.

Thanks! Did they do all the necessary tests, before rolling out any new version, only for MacOS??? 🤔

Edited by chris.r

16 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Thanks. I had about 10 folders with a .vst3 ending the folder name in my Common Files/VST3 folder. Renamed them all. We'll see if that blows anything up.