IK Multimedia FX Pick & Mix 2023 Group Buy

ralfrobert

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yes, I agree. They have always done very good with the verbs they release.

I need to work with Fame. Have not even tried it. Haven't gotten Stone yet.

Not only the verbs. Stealth Limiter is a good one, too, and so is Black 76 ... And many others. What turns me off is the neverending drama, the product shopification, installation sizes. Paying for the downloads again not so much. Transfer policy a bit more. 

Everyone has to decide for themselves. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Excellent!!! :):):)

@Peter - IK Multimedia agree too.  The way IKM market that SSRS mixbox expansion makes it really hard for non IKM customers to understand where it is and how to buy it.

Its not easy to find it on the main page

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trsunsetsound/

and you actually have to hunt for it to find it buried

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?A=mixbox-collection-sunset&R=INIT

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

Not only the verbs. Stealth Limiter is a good one, too, and so is Black 76 ... And many others. What turns me off is the neverending drama, the product shopification, installation sizes. Paying for the downloads again not so much. Transfer policy a bit more. 

Totally agreed; taking purely on the quality of their products - and on the value they provide if you know how to play the game to get the best prices - IK can stand up proud in any company. If you're after a really straightforward experience...well, that seems to be the dealbreaker for some people!

• Like 3

On 7/4/2023 at 5:22 AM, ralfrobert said:

Downloads only expire on sounds.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:42 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I own plenty of IK software and some hardware,  but I hadn't participated in an IK group buy before. This one seems to be off to a slow start.

For those who have been in past IK group buys, is being at around 100 participants at this point a bit slower than past IK group buys or is it  fairly similar to past IK group buys? I expected, because of IK's size and reach, they'd be at least at or past 1,000 participants by this point.  But maybe the past ones started slow too? 

I think it was too soon after having the TS Max deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I think it was too soon after having the TS Max deal. 

Ya - they need the instruments included - Modo Bass 2.0 / Drums 1.5 upgrades (which many people have not upgraded to from last group buys), Hammond, etc. will draw a lot more people in.

The best one they had was the one last year (I think?) that included hardware purchases - i.e. if you bought a pair of MTMs or an interface, if gave you 3 (i think) free software items at equal / lesser price. Not sure why they don't push hardmore more  - their iLoud and Precision series monitors are exceptional, and I'm seeing them in studios all over the damn place these days. They could get a lot more hobbyists into that hardware with group buys that include MAX software - like some of their guitar hardware group buyed into Aplitube Max, etc.

Edited by Carl Ewing

8 hours ago, El Diablo said:

What is T-Racks?

A mixing/mastering mini ecosystem. The modules (i.e. plug-ins) can be bought either as bundles, or a la carte. Each module can be used either independently in your DAW, or in the T-Racks host.

If you buy the individual modules, (I believe) there is no upgrade path towards a bundle.

On 7/5/2023 at 4:19 PM, antler said:

A mixing/mastering mini ecosystem. The modules (i.e. plug-ins) can be bought either as bundles, or a la carte. Each module can be used either independently in your DAW, or in the T-Racks host.

Also, the thing forces you to install all the modules including the ones you don't have licenses for. Even if you delete them, they still show up in the standalone version of the software.

16 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Also, the thing forces you to install all the modules including the ones you don't have licenses for. Even if you delete them, they still show up in the standalone version of the software.

Yeah, I don't like that. Is there anyway to delete them without causing problems? 

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, I don't like that. Is there anyway to delete them without causing problems? 

What I do is I don't install the standalone version and I move all T-Racks plugins I don't have licenses for (including T-Racks Suite, as it will show all the models even if you delete them as well) to a folder which is not scanned by any tools which use VST3 plugins. It's not ideal but what can you do.

At least it works to some extent as opposed to Amplitube 5 having an option to only show the models you have licenses for but still matching amps with their respective cabinets even if you don't have licenses for said cabinets.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 2

I own no IK software and haven't ever heard of them until this deals forums.  Where do their products stand between Fabfilter, iZotope, Waves Audio, HorNet, Acon Digital, Melda Production, Sonible, and Native Instruments?

I understand a few of the mentioned companies combined, but let's pretend it didn't happen. 😃