IK Multimedia FX Pick & Mix 2023 Group Buy

ralfrobert

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Cool. But I  am out. Unless IKM expand it to include some new SampleTank stuff or the new AT Morely, I literally have nothing to pick.

This was my thought, too, esp. since I am more into synths/sound content than FX/Processing Tools. I passed on the TS4 MAX upgrade and even the ST4 MAX upgrade in hopes they would have a GB to fill in with new sound content.  I really don't need duplicate / triplicate / quadruplicate licenses for products I have already licensed.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 3

I just registered Mic Room, which I bought a couple of months ago for something like $9 USD and I now have two free plugins / effects I can choose from. I also just bought MixBox and will register that next.  This group has been really helpful and most of you know a lot more about mixing, mastering and guitar effects --and  really any kind of effects -- than I do, so I thought I would ask for opinions here and figured there are others who would also find the advice and insights from people who own and use the effects I'm considering valuable. 

I own Opto Compressor, Classic Compressor and more reverbs than I'll ever use, but, from this list, I only own the CSR Hall Reverb, so if anyone thinks there is one or more great reverbs on the  list worth checking out, please let me know. I regularly play Orange Tree Samples guitar and bass libraries and while I use the presets most of the time, I also have a blast using amp sims with the libraries. I own Guitar Rig, United Audio's Electrum and the free edition of Amplitube along with various additional amps and effects I've picked up and I realize there's a lot of debate over the best amp sim, and my opinion is that I like the sounds from Amplitude better than Guitar Rig, but I buy each new version of KOMPLETE, which includes Guitar Rig, so I don't want to spend money buying updating Amplitube too. If I had to pick my favorite real life amps, it would be Vox. But I love Fender, Marshall, Mega Boogie and other amps too. 

So, I was thinking the Fulltone collection might be a really good pick. What do you guitarists think? 

FTR, I'm a former rock musician -- and while I like/love all different genres of music -- most of the stuff I play and record these days is rock, from acoustic indie rock to classic rock covers to folk rock to prog rock. I would love to get people's thoughts on IK stuff on the list they think is worth checking out.  

IK-Choices-June302023.png

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TerraSin said:

I just registered the Mixbox license I got the other day. How do I know if it works or not for the group buy? It's on the list below but I'm not getting any choice menu to pick anything.

Take a look at the promotions section in your account. You should be able to select your freebies there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quick Math said:

I also just bought Mixbox  thinking it would work. I haven't received the license so I can't register it now but hope it's not excluded from the group buy...

There was an issue last year when licences sold cheaply via VST Buzz or maybe APD weren't eligible.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

fulltone is great. i use it all the time.

Thanks. I thought the demos sounded really good, so with your recommendation, I'm going to make that my first selection from the list.  After that, I have one more plugin to choose. Do you use or have you demoed the X stuff (AmpliTube X-Space, X-Vibe, etc)?  That seems interesting. 

Especially when it comes to amp sims, I rely heavily on factory presets (I really dont know how to match up component pieces well, so I just tend to tweak presets or swap out effects), so I'm always a bit cautious with stuff better suited for people who tend to be good at creating their own effects chains. That's part of why I bought MixBox. It contains a bunch of presets with effects chains already set up. I'm hoping it will serve as a good tool  for me to learn hoe effects chains are set up (as opposed to say, EZmix, where I merely choose a preset for a certain application without looking at the effects chain). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

PLEASE NOTE THIS PRODUCT IS EXCLUDED FROM THE IK GROUP BUY PROMOTION

When this happened with APD (MODO DRUM, IIRC),  I seem to recall some users reporting APD was kind enough to issue a refund.  I am not sure if IK honored the sale as a qualifying event for anyone.  

JMO: It is unfortunate that loyal consumers need to find the snags in any company's marketing and promotion schemes.  I don't think there was any malintent on anyone's part (IK, resellers, or consumers).  Minimally it does, however, point to a flaw in communication.

By that I mean specifically, that if a manufacturer will be running a promotion, (1) they should get the word out to resellers early enough for the resellers to update their websites, (2) they should send out timely reminders to resellers, and (3) they should take the initiative to check the sites of resellers. If all this was done (as it might have), the process needs to be fine tuned. That being said, I think this SNAFU was covered more quickly.  So maybe next time no consumers will be affected.

In addition, it might be a good idea for IK to give a free promotion entry to the first 25 loyal customers who alert them to SNAFUs like this and bonus jam points in the amount of the purchase to the first 100 loyal customers before the websites were changed.

Edited by User 905133
edit sfor the sake of clarification
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks. I thought the demos sounded really good, so with your recommendation, I'm going to make that my first selection from the list.  After that, I have one more plugin to choose. Do you use or have you demoed the X stuff (AmpliTube X-Space, X-Vibe, etc)?  That seems interesting. 

Especially when it comes to amp sims, I rely heavily on factory presets (I really dont know how to match up component pieces well, so I just tend to tweak presets or swap out effects), so I'm always a bit cautious with stuff better suited for people who tend to be good at creating their own effects chains. That's part of why I bought MixBox. It contains a bunch of presets with effects chains already set up. I'm hoping it will serve as a good tool  for me to learn hoe effects chains are set up (as opposed to say, EZmix, where I merely choose a preset for a certain application without looking at the effects chain). 

Yes. i have all the X pedals in software form. They are pretty cool. They have lots of presets in them.  i tend to use the Vibe and Time mostly.

• Thanks 1