Sonible 10th Anniversary Sale – up to 70% off

trager

1 hour ago, Jan Schmitz said:

Anyone else ever get really angry about owning everything already? There's rarely any excitement anymore. It's almost like I have to make music now.

I own everything but smart:limit. So do I pay $41 for smart:limit or maybe pay $41 for dynamic bundle just out of principle. Or do I go to studio bundle just because it’s such a good deal?  I’m terrible at selling duplicate plug-in licenses though. Kind of annoying heheh.  I did reach out to Sonible to see what they would say. 

32 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Smart Bundle at Best Service is $91...$82 at EveryPlugin...

$9 difference

Yeah I've noticed often in these sales at resellers, it pays to check specifically what you're after as they might be the cheapest on some, but not others. I grabbed SmartEQ and the metering bundle which were cheaper overall at Best. I didn't check their bundle though, as I had them all about from the EQ! Great price on the bundle. In the end, I probably wouldn't have spent too much more than the bundle by buying them individually, but I really never expected to want them all!

Their EQ and Reverb I had no intention of buying whatsoever until I learnt a bit more about them and tried them. These guys make some very good plugins!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wallace said:

Are proximityEQ+ and entropyEQ+ worth getting? 

I have the same question. Beside that I already got free entropyEQ, recent smart reverb from PA sale, and focusrite fast bundle. What is crazy that I have barely used any of these. I have all of the latest software from izotope and use that most of the time. I am sitting on the fence trying to justify myself why I need studio bundle. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, smde said:

I have the same question. Beside that I already got free entropyEQ, recent smart reverb from PA sale, and focusrite fast bundle. What is crazy that I have barely used any of these. I have all of the latest software from izotope and use that most of the time. I am sitting on the fence trying to justify myself why I need studio bundle. 

Maybe if someone ask you that question, that would help you. 

Why do you need studio bundle?

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I'm wary of their Smart Reverb, it had crashed my DAW multiple times.  I emailed them about it, but supposedly I need to collect data for them and send another email back with it the next time I use it... If I use it.  Time is money and I don't have time for bug reports.  I'll just pick another reverb plugin that doesn't crash.

I've not had any issues like that with Smart EQ and their Metering Bundle.

Edited by El Diablo

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Maybe if someone ask you that question, that would help you. 

Why do you need studio bundle?

Thanks. At this point I find myself incapable of answering that question rationally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smde said:

I have both and the Smart:Limit in particular is in a different league than iZotope and has become one of my favourite limiters. Smart: Comp I definitely prefer than iZotope and I prefer the SmartEQ too. The reverb is just different and on par maybe, but very cool features and controls. I haven't used Neoverb enough to say much there. I do really like the exponential reverbs from iZotope though.

I've barely used the EntropyEQ, so I should really start using it more to get a feel for it's strengths.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I have both and the Smart:Limit in particular is in a different league than iZotope and has become one of my favourite limiters. Smart: Comp I definitely prefer than iZotope and I prefer the SmartEQ too. The reverb is just different and on par maybe, but very cool features and controls. I haven't used Neoverb enough to say much there. I do really like the exponential reverbs from iZotope though.

I've barely used the EntropyEQ, so I should really start using it more to get a feel for it's strengths.

what do you think about the Metering Bundle?

20 minutes ago, smde said:

what do you think about the Metering Bundle?

I just bought that in this sale. I've got a couple of other options, but I like how this works and the easy referencing and being able to compare a project I'm working on without having to bounce, like I do with Mastering The Mix Expose 2.

True:Level I was going to pass on as I have Smart:Limit and Level is essentially the metering section from that, but in the bundle it doesn't cost much at all and I do like to easy way of selecting reference tracks which isn't available in the limiter.

I'll need more time with them to decide how good I really think they are, but sometimes it's good having a few different tools like this as additional checks.

The Studio Bundle on all these reseller sites says it includes smart:limit and smart:comp.  But the Sonible says it includes the newer version smart:comp2. Basically the Studio Bundle includes the Dynamics Bundle + smart:reverb (= Smart Bundle)  and the Special EQ Bundle, but not the Metering or Pure Bundles.

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Easy pass as I have too many plugins.

If you're a regular at this subforum, the odds are great that you have too many plugins. You, me, and everyone reading this. 

And still, here we are, reading and posting at the Deals subforum... :)

• Like 2

Picked up the Dynamics Bundle for $40.75 from Everyplugin.  Already have the Smart Reverb and Smart EQ3.  I wonder if that will drop prices on other items once I register on Sonible.  I have Entropy and Proximity EQs, too, so I guess we'll see.  Great sale - I've been scouting KVR for a cheap Smart Comp license.

And yeah, I have way too many plugins but my favorite color (today) is green, so Sonible...

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Picked up the Dynamics Bundle for $40.75 from Everyplugin.  Already have the Smart Reverb and Smart EQ3.  I wonder if that will drop prices on other items once I register on Sonible.  I have Entropy and Proximity EQs, too, so I guess we'll see.  Great sale - I've been scouting KVR for a cheap Smart Comp license.

And yeah, I have way too many plugins but my favorite color (today) is green, so Sonible...

Don't get your hopes up. Sonible's loyalty system is trash.

• Like 2