$29.99 for Microsoft Office?! YES, PLEASE.

cclarry

26 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

2021 version though.

Well, I thought because I have a new laptop it was time to upgrade from MS Office 2007.  I will replace my desktop eventually, and then decide if I need to upgrade that.

Six for 99 ain't bad though👍

1 hour ago, TerraSin said:

2021 version though. I'm pretty happy with 365, tbh. It's not cheap at like $99/yr but I pay for 6 licenses and get a good amount of cloud storage with it.

I'm paying $7.95 per month to Microsoft for 365, but I don't know if that fee covers additionbal computers in my same household.

How did you subsribe to the $$99/Annual for 6-licenses deal? I'm unaware of that option.

7 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

I'm paying $7.95 per month to Microsoft for 365, but I don't know if that fee covers additionbal computers in my same household.

How did you subsribe to the $$99/Annual for 6-licenses deal? I'm unaware of that option.

Microsoft Office 365 Family here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The theory is (in tons of youtube videos) that Microsoft assigns lots of licenses to non-Western countries at rates more aligned with the incomes in those countries, and those licenses are then diverted for resale in Western markets for higher profits. Legit licenses. I've been waiting for MS to implement region-aware license authentication for several decades now. . . . 

I'm not sure why people pay for something that's free.  How they still getting people to pay for ... I can't think of the word, but basically bloatware filled with spyware.   I use Only Office, but that's probably just as bad, but at least it's free.  With that being said, I'm all for bargains(why we all here) so there you go.

I've yet to use the cheap win 10 license I picked up, because I've been using Mac and Linux, but I do have a couple win 10 machines I use for gaming and on a laptop.  Windows is free to use, and you can pay a fee to activate it. 

I actually make heavy use of the built-in text editor to copy and paste into a web interface for MS Docs.  If I really need to get down and dirty I'll make use of  RTD.  lol