Is Cakewalk abandonware?

24 minutes ago, Sal Sorice said:

My feeling is that there is going to be a truly noteworthy update released in the near future that blows our collective socks off.

COVID knocked my socks off. Since the lockdown started, I rarely wear socks any more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

Great name for an all acoustic band: Abandonware

What about multiflavored Abandonware edible dainty's just like what's under a sweet 21 year old hottys plaid skirt 🤱

You know what they say ....Its your duty when you chase that booty ...........😉

After all , she went through all the trouble of hunting you down after the Gig just to get your autograph ......

Oh boy  Kenny ! it may be a good idea for you to get your mind out of the gutter since there ain't no more fairytales with a happy ending any time soon for you buddy  xD

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

So they are going to update staff view...:)

and add AI features (like voices).  That's the "talent" vst plugin we've all been talking about for years.

Who needs hoover cars with that around and available.  I'm not going anywhere except for my computer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Hey, do you know anyone that drives a black car with dark tinted windows? And why is it parked outside of your house? 

... actually why is one parked outside of MY house? 😐 Wait, that's the doorbell, I'll be right bac--

I'd ask them to help load and unload gear... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One can only hope this update is not something like adding all the plugins and effects people have been asking for... But you have to subscribe to some sort of Bandlab guff to have access to it. Don't look at me like that. Cakewalk was perhaps the first company to adopt a subscription model before Adobe started the whole trend.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You don't remember they going subscription? That happened in 2015 when they were under Gibson.

No I don't.  All I remember is the "lifetime deal"!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bitflipper said:

really just an installment payment option.

Now I remember! Yeah I didn't go with that plan cause I always got the update/new version when it came out.

But I did get that "Lifetime" thing.

On 4/28/2023 at 9:11 AM, Grem said:

I don't remember that at all.

Correct, Adobe went subscription after CS6 (c. 2012), which is when many companies then sat back and pondered "Can I hold my software hostage too?" Many found out that they couldn't the hard way (the space for mature software is very competitive), and even Adobe is finding out that other vendors are chipping away at their space over time (so much so that some vendors will ask if you want to tailor GUIs on startup to look like its Adobe competitor). Fortunately for the younger crowd, those competitors are giving them a cost-effective solution to onboarding with Adobe, although as a student it is not terrible, so Adobe is pushing that in schools to get them hooked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mettelus said:

Correct, Adobe went subscription after CS6 (c. 2012), which is when many companies then sat back and pondered "Can I hold my software hostage too?" Many found out that they couldn't the hard way (the space for mature software is very competitive), and even Adobe is finding out that other vendors are chipping away at their space over time (so much so that some vendors will ask if you want to tailor GUIs on startup to look like its Adobe competitor). Fortunately for the younger crowd, those competitors are giving them a cost-effective solution to onboarding with Adobe, although as a student it is not terrible, so Adobe is pushing that in schools to get them hooked.

Which is exactly why I'm STILL using CS6!

• Like 1

Holy crap, Rain, this is getting scary. That black van is now parked in my frickin' garage! They now have access to not only my frozen zombie apocalypse stores but also to many potentially lethal gardening tools. Oh hell, now there's a light blinking on the router...I'm stubbing out this joint right now, turning out the lights and locking the doors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3