Is Cakewalk abandonware?

2 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Updates have become few and far between and relegated to small bug fixes with no new features for the better part of a year now.

Do you think this is it? Seems like it.

To answer that question... I would say no, it's  not. Not even close!! We just have to wait it out. In the meantime my copy of CWBB is still working and is still authorized!!

18 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

(If I suddenly stop posting here you will know that I've already said too much.)

LOL!! They coming for ya!! Watch out!

• Like 2

How many times has this topic come up?

I know that it has been "well meaning" regular members of the forum;

BUT, they are inadvertently "Trolling" the forum.

IGNORE them!

CbB is alive and well.

<heavy reverb and delay>that is all...</heavy reverb and delay>

t

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I think part of the problem might be that not everyone reads the forum regularly.  Not finding fault with this, its just that people who don't read the forum regularly don't know how many times this same question has been asked and addressed over the past several weeks.  

To me, what makes this new thread troublesome is that it is worded to be emotionally charged and can be taken as confrontive.  A similar thing happens when someone writes, "All other modern DAWs have _____________________.  Why doesn't Cakewalk?"

The presumption is that something is wrong

I agree not everyone who does things like this is a troll, but it can come off as being "trollish."  

• Like 1

Just now, Esteban Villanova said:

Thanks for the responses. Good to know that development is going strong. I only read the Deals forum, but I read the entire changelog of the last few years and it seemed that development was slowing down. No trolling intended.

Having seen many of your posts, I did not think of you as a troll.  I hope that's not how you read my post.  In fact, it does happen that many people only read certain sections on a regular basis--the Coffee Shop, Deals, etc.  (That's why I emphasized I wasn't finding fault with forum participants who didn't read the forum regularly.  I should have said " . . . who read don't read all sections of the forum regularly . . . ."

So, for anyone interested, here are some recent posts on the why-no-recent-updates issue.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

You have no idea what's in the works for the coming months and years.

(If I suddenly stop posting here you will know that I've already said too much.)

Hey, do you know anyone that drives a black car with dark tinted windows? And why is it parked outside of your house? 

... actually why is one parked outside of MY house? 😐 Wait, that's the doorbell, I'll be right bac--

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Actually, *I* drive a black van with no windows. And it's parked outside my house right now!

*gulp*

Uh, the goons you sent are lovely. They're really nice and they say it'll be a really nice drive. They said something about "just desserts" so I hope it's cake(walk) :) 

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Haha 2