Update: Arturia Pigments V4.0

Frank

run ASC

Pigments V. 4.0

Updated UI with simplified Play Mode (the one with macros etc.), cleaned up interface, and a new high-contrast Light Mode … well, yeah, looks like it takes the best of the look of rival Massive X. Plus left-right controls for navigating multimode modules.

FX and Seq bypass. Ah, don’t know why all workstation synths don’t have this.

New sync modes

Drag-and-drop modulation editing. Now you just drag source to destination, then hover over the parameter to adjust mod depth.

LFO presets – six waveform shapes (sine, random, etc.)

Custom tuning support with ODDSound MTS-ESP compatibility

Wavetable engine ring mod plus Pulse Width mode for Phase Transformation

Harmonic engine now has new phase options with Phase Modulation and the ability to randomize the phase of all partials at once

Modulator Oscillator with ratio options, extended 0.1 Hz – 20Khz range

Super Unison effect, plus Unison controls are streamlined (closer to what’s in the rest of the Arturia stable) – unison across all engines, Unison Phase for Wavetable and Sample.

MS-20 filter with both HP6 and LP12 modes

Shimmer Reverb with two octaves of pitch shift and built-in modulation

Bitcrusher adds Jitter, Scale, and Downsampling options

Jup-8 V filter has FM control

Notch Filter mode added to Multi Filter and Distortion

Plus, part of what has always made Pigments fun to use is that it’s a big library of sound tools and resources. So of course, that’s expanded here. It’s new preset content, to be sure, but also new wavetables, samples, and noise types that you can build on – dozens of each, by Arturia’s count. So we’re not just talking libraries for preset lovers, but really an expanded toolkit for sound designers.

There are also three new optional add-on libraries, too – Lo-fi, Neuro Bass, and CInematic.

New Pigments users can get the latest version at an intro price of 99€/$. If you own other Arturia products, it could be even less than that – but you’ll have to log in to find out.

Existing users, you get the update free of charge. If you want the added sound banks, the intro is 9.90€/$ for each or 19.90€/$ for the bundle. (Full price on the sound banks is 89.97€/$.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

While on the subject of Arturia related. Updating / Installing.

I notice it installs itself allover the place:

- Vst64/32 folder ( or seperate if you have same viw prefs/location in ASC
- VST 3 into Program Files/common files/vst3
- Into Programdata/Arturia
- Into Program Files/Arturia

Whats in ProgramData? ASC/folders  says RESOURCES. What be they vs whats in Program Files etc?

4 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

While on the subject of Arturia related. Updating / Installing.

I notice it installs itself allover the place:

- Vst64/32 folder ( or seperate if you have same viw prefs/location in ASC
- VST 3 into Program Files/common files/vst3
- Into Programdata/Arturia
- Into Program Files/Arturia

Whats in ProgramData? ASC/folders  says RESOURCES. What be they vs whats in Program Files etc?

Here is how I have it set in ASC Preferences:

image.png.840ac2dcc5ed18fdd75b4918e0ddc06d.png

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Here is how I have it set in ASC Preferences:

image.png.840ac2dcc5ed18fdd75b4918e0ddc06d.png

Yip .. It was more being curious about the ProgramData Arturia ( your d:\arturia ) content which also references the VST2 and 3 plugins in ProgramData\arturia\ ( eg ) pigments\x64

I was wondering is that all install stuff that could be dumped to free up space?

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I was wondering is that all install stuff that could be dumped to free up space?

Nope.

You can move it, but the Resources path is literally everything that the Arturia instruments need to function. That's where all of the presets, samples, and other resources such as the config stuff lives. The Arturia plugins are not self contained in the .dll and .vst3 files. For example the Pigments.vst3 is only 22.1 MB.

The Arturia path "D:\Resources" uses 23GB on my D drive for the V Collection plus Pigments.

I believe that this is not unique for large virtual instrument collections. I prefer Arturia's method to those of Native Instruments or IK Multimedia.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do any new presets come with this?  Or only with the optional expansions?  

Thank you, Arturia.  This free update has sold me on upgrading next year to the new V Collection.  They treat their customers well.  Pigments is my favorite Arturia instrument, followed by the Augmented series, which are kind of similar.  

• Like 3