HUMBLE BUNDLE - Music Creators Unlimited

aidan o driscoll

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/music-creators-unlimited-sounds-loops-instruments-software

Construct and mix your next musical composition with this bundle of sounds, samples, and more! Get instruments and effects to produce a limitless array of genres and styles, including Commercial EDM Drops, South Korean Pop, and StudioX VSTI, and build up your arsenal of royalty-free audio

Also includes 3 VST plugins + for us retro 80s fans ( @ZincT :D ) .. 4 synthwave type 80s packs

All told  44 items in this bundle for €22

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Although I will not be purchasing this bundle, just learning that Country EDM is an actual genre was worth following the link.

I don't follow EDM at all but I assumed this was basically going to be a nod to Avicii which might be limited to a few tracks such as Hey Brother.

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I have many of those listed.  IF you want to fill your drive only for the purpose of filling your drive this would be it.  I'm learning that smaller size packs seem to be more useful.

I haven't fully auditioned the last group of packs from the previous one.

I’ve fallen for this many times.  I use splice now.  Got rid of gazillion GB it seems and got back a ton of SSD space.  Even freebie loops/samples I avoid like the plague.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

@aidan o driscoll I appreciate the thought, but one of the ways I'm cutting down on GAS is by stopping my sample library downloads. 

I realised that I was downloading them and then never touching them; ever! Lol.

I would rather buy a few new presets for V Collection 8 (especially at the moment with this sale going on).  

@ZincT Agree with you. I just flagged you with a smilie ... as they say over here a bit of "divilment" ( said with Irish accent :D )

I did get the MYST deal though for < €9 .. I have some of them in boxsets/sleeves unused ( Sheldon moment :D ) .. I dont generally play games anymore for a long time, found i was spending too much time at them, but wouldnt mind dipping into MYST now and then, really liked that "universe"

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

21 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT Agree with you. I just flagged you with a smilie ... as they say over here a bit of "divilment" ( said with Irish accent :D )

I did get the MYST deal though for < €9 .. I have some of them in boxsets/sleeves unused ( Sheldon moment :D ) .. I dont generally play games anymore for a long time, found i was spending too much time at them, but wouldnt mind dipping into MYST now and then, really liked that "universe"

I figured you had the "divil" in you in your post, although I am tempted by that EDM Country content 🤣         (not)

I saw that MYST post as well and it brings back memories of spending A LOT of time on that one. 
Unfortunately, I have zero time for games these days and have a lot that I haven't even installed.
Actually, that's not quite true - I've been teaching my daughter chess on a real chessboard!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I saw that MYST post as well and it brings back memories of spending A LOT of time on that one. 
Unfortunately, I have zero time for games these days and have a lot that I haven't even installed.
Actually, that's not quite true - I've been teaching my daughter chess on a real chessboard!

@ZincT Yip I would be the same. Spent alot of time at MYST and had to stop gaming in general, was addictive .. 3 in the morning addictive :D

I stopped gaming about 20 years ago and have none installed BUT I like the size relatively of MYST and will dip in have a look again, see if I can be more disciplined :D

Other game that caught me was RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9010/Return_to_Castle_Wolfenstein/

I am a big fan of the arcade simpler games from 80s, 90s and do occasionally run them in emulators on PC ( Dosbox )

Edited by aidan o driscoll

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

@aidan o driscoll I appreciate the thought, but one of the ways I'm cutting down on GAS is by stopping my sample library downloads. 

I would rather buy a few new presets for V Collection 8 (especially at the moment with this sale going on).  

13 hours ago, kevin H said:

I’ve fallen for this many times.  I use splice now.  Got rid of gazillion GB it seems and got back a ton of SSD space.  Even freebie loops/samples I avoid like the plague.

I had over 800GB of loops at one time that I cut down to under 400.  I never keep those on a SSD drive.  With Producer Loops stuff you can reduce their size by removing the loops labeled WET or TAILs. I always compress the full mix loops to mp3.

Usually when ADSR would have like 15 packs doe $20 that the total size is around 2GB those seem to be most useful since they come with midis and presets.

Unfortunately I've moved on to collecting numerous presets for all of the synths I have. 

I've moved on from synths made in Kontakt. With Spire, Serum, Phaseplant, one could create without using up drive space.

Drive space is cheap when you don't have to buy it.

BTW CM magazine has reviews of sample packs.  Anything rated under 9/10 is mediocre.

I am a little "bumbled" over the Humble system.  I did not buy this one, primarily because I fell for a dump-truck full of Producer Loops stuff over the holidays (that I will likely never use).  Over the years I bought a lot of Humble Bundles, and I know you can go in and adjust the split between the charity and the devs/Humble, but I rarely messed with it.  I always assumed that if you gave more than the minimum, most of the extra would go to the charity.  Not so.  For this one, the minimum for the largest pack was $25.  With $1.25 to charity.  Bumping up to $30 only gave another $0.25 ($1.50) to the charity.  Lesson learned- if the charity is one that you want to support with extra $, be sure to adjust the split, or perhaps just spend the minimum and support the charity directly.

12 hours ago, ZincT said:

I realized a while back that I did not have the discipline or patience to organize and then sift through a massive sample collection.

Now I am organizing and sifting through a massive instrument preset collection instead. 🙄

I think that the advantage with this method is that presets are much easier to audition within the context of the track. You can quickly alter them by changing the MIDI pattern, either by playing the part yourself, or using a MIDI pattern generator where you are in control of the pattern/chord elements. I don't think samples are quite that flexible.

• Like 1