NEW from IK....Amplitube Mesa Boogie 2!!!

cclarry

6 hours ago, bluzdog said:

I can't get it to go in my cart at all.

I couldnt get into cart either.  It’s weirdly layed out.  Instead of clicking buy at top, scroll down to where is shows the $99 version and then add from there ( you may have to click on amp graphic to subpage).  Once I did that it was added by clicking but from that second screen.  I see $20 discount in cart so for me it’s $79 after discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I own Mesa one and no discount for me. Either way. I think I am all stocked up for AT5 amps. I think one would really really need to totally love the Mesa Boogie sound to want to get this this soon.

You won’t see the discount until you add it into the cart and check out.  At least that was the case for me.  You certainly qualify from owning MB1 and AT5.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ALC said:

You certainly qualify from owning MB1 and AT5.

Unless there is some stipulation that we are not aware of: That only paid versions of these products qualify for the discount. IOW if you got it in the GGBO21 as a freebie, that may not qualify to get the $20 discount.

Be aware that I am not saying this is correct, I am only speculating here. 

33 minutes ago, Grem said:

Unless there is some stipulation that we are not aware of: That only paid versions of these products qualify for the discount. IOW if you got it in the GGBO21 as a freebie, that may not qualify to get the $20 discount.

"only paid versions . . . qualify for the discount" - this might be true and if so, it might not just exclude "freebies" but also components of other bundles.  For example, if some one has all of the BM1 gear that was paid for as p[art of a purchased bundle, the rules might also exclude the discount.

In my experience (based largely in part from getting involved with IK's GB25), the confusion over rules, pricing schemes, etc. is not unintentional.  It seems entirely possible that it is part of IK's marketing strategy.

Let the consumer beware.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

the confusion over rules, pricing schemes, etc. is not unintentional. 

Exactly.

There was a time not long ago when you could buy Gear Credits at a substantial discount because they offered 100 Gear Credits for let's say $89. Then you could use Jam points to bring it down further. And the more GC you bought, say 500, the discount was even bigger. So if you had enough Jam Points, you could get a lot of GC for almost half off.

So IK quit offering new products in the CS, so you couldn't use any gear credits to purchase new stuff. Few guys on this forum bought lots of GC and some of them may still have them. Because they couldn't buy what they wanted in the CS. Only the on line store.

Now with this new CS thay have, they have taken away the discount on the Gear Credits. Now GC will cost you dollar for dollar. IOW 100 GC will cost you $100.  

19 minutes ago, Grem said:

Now with this new CS thay have, they have taken away the discount on the Gear Credits. Now GC will cost you dollar for dollar. IOW 100 GC will cost you $100.  

But you still can use jampoints to purchase the $100 for $70 (if you have them).

• Like 1

And I'm on the forever train of continuing to alway have some jampoints. I had $118. I bought $100 GC. Paid $70 for them. Now I have $122.  

It just *never* ends.

And..... I somehow ended up with $10 in GCs. Until they either offer something up for $10, $35, $55 or $110 in the CS I'll never get rid of those GCs. 

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

And I'm on the forever train of continuing to alway have some jampoints. I had $118. I bought $100 GC. Paid $70 for them. Now I have $122.  

It just *never* ends.

And..... I somehow ended up with $10 in GCs. Until they either offer something up for $10, $35, $55 or $110 in the CS I'll never get rid of those GCs. 

image.png.1cd764697e7791727cb0ce4c0c89544f.png

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Grem said:

Be aware that I am not saying this is correct, I am only speculating here. 

I got MB1 in a previous group buy and AT5 and AT5SE (yeah, I ran out of things to redeem) in the last group buy, and the discount showed up for me.  However, AT5 was one I purchased via GC.

There’s no indication of the discount until checking out.  People generally wouldn’t add an item into the cart to be pleasantly surprised by the discount.  So, if I didn’t know about it, I wouldn’t have done so (but just to check).

Looking up reviews on the amps, they sound compelling (California Tweed), so I’ll be waiting for a future group buy or good sale.

From the news on our site:

*For a limited time, existing owners of AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 1, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube 5 SE, AmpliTube 5 MAX and Total Studio 3.5 MAX will receive an exclusive discount automatically when adding MESA/Boogie 2 to their cart.

In case the product criteria wasn't clear.

Also, I had someone check with multiple accounts and free choices and similar do enable the discount.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

From the news on our site:

*For a limited time, existing owners of AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 1, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube 5 SE, AmpliTube 5 MAX and Total Studio 3.5 MAX will receive an exclusive discount automatically when adding MESA/Boogie 2 to their cart.

In case the product criteria wasn't clear.

Also, I had someone check with multiple accounts and free choices and similar do enable the discount.

Just to be clear, I am not planning to get M/B 2, but I checked last night just out of curiosity.  I "own" all of the M/B 1 gear (according to both the custom shop app and my notes).  I added M/B 2 to the cart and went to check out to see if there was an automatic coupon like some people were saying.  I also tried exiting my account and then logging back in as some have suggested. 

At no point did a $20 coupon show up in the cart.

I have concluded that there must be some hidden rules (unstated stipulations) that prevent some people from getting the automatic coupon.

BUT WAIT!!!!

I just tried it again, and this time there was a $20 coupon!!!!!

So, if someone says they didn't get the coupon, I believe them. If IK later changes the website/store and the person suddenly gets a coupon, maybe that just means that the hidden rules/unstated stipulations  got changed.

Edited by User 905133

19 hours ago, ALC said:

You won’t see the discount until you add it into the cart and check out.  At least that was the case for me.  You certainly qualify from owning MB1 and AT5.

they must have fixed it. now i get the discount in the cart. but i swear, i didnt see it last time i tried. either way.. all full on AT5 at the moment.

• Like 2