T-Racks Tape Machines KRAZY DEAL at B&H!

cclarry

21 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just a reminder that Softube Tape works as a Mix Engine FX in Studio one, which is a major advantage to use it
if you already have Studio One.  That being said, these are still VERY GOOD Tape Emulations...some of the best
IMO....YMMV

Yup.  If IK could support that feature ... or if only there were some way to shoehorn a plugin to use the mix engine FX.  One can wish ...

19 hours ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

IK Tape 24 > Softube Tape

Thanks for the input.

18 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I have both. For me it's the opposite.

Thanks for the input.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just a reminder that Softube Tape works as a Mix Engine FX in Studio one, which is a major advantage

That is interesting. I will have to look into that. It seems to be the best way to implement a tape emulation across a mix without eating CPU.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

It seems to be the best way to implement a tape emulation across a mix without eating CPU.

I don't have it - yet, but if the tape emulation is at all like the CTC-1 Pro Console Shaper, don't get your hopes up. While I love the sound of Console Shaper, the CPU hit is hard to deal with...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

That is interesting. I will have to look into that. It seems to be the best way to implement a tape emulation across a mix without eating CPU.

Using the Mix Engine FX in Studio One means that an FX can see/has access to all the tracks that make up the bus (the main mix or any bus you create).  It saves complexity of needing to add it as an insert on every channel of that bus (at least for Tape).  At least that's how I understand it (much simplified).  I'm not sure if it saves CPU.

7 minutes ago, ALC said:

Using the Mix Engine FX in Studio One means that an FX can see/has access to all the tracks that make up the bus (the main mix or any bus you create).  It saves complexity of needing to add it as an insert on every channel of that bus (at least for Tape).  At least that's how I understand it (much simplified).  I'm not sure if it saves CPU.

They say it's like using a different audio engine in the DAW. You can add crosstalk between tracks, so it really is much different.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

They say it's like using a different audio engine in the DAW. You can add crosstalk between tracks, so it really is much different.

With Mix Engine FX, a single plugin instance can access all the channels in a bus (as I mentioned), and it can use that to add crosstalk.  But I had forgotten about crosstalk also utilized in Softube Tape.

Here's the PDF doc from PreSonus: Studio One Pro Mix Engine FX and Plugins Explained

I assume T-Racks Tape Machines doesn't do crosstalk.  Can anyone confirm?

Edited by ALC

I had not used these in a while so I refrained from comment on how good they were. 

But I used one of them (can't remember which one) over this past weekend and they do sound great!!

But I did notice a cpu hit. With just one instance on the Master Buss.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I had not used these in a while so I refrained from comment on how good they were. 

But I used one of them (can't remember which one) over this past weekend and they do sound great!!

But I did notice a cpu hit. With just one instance on the Master Buss.

thats pretty much how i use the,. just one instance on a drum or master bus. there are guys on GS who claim they use once instance per track. i have no idea how their systems handle it.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

I have all four, but I want to buy them all again just to get in on the "no brainer good deal".

I've done that by accident many times.  I guess I would be prepared if I have at least 5 machines.

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I've done that by accident many times.  I guess I would be prepared if I have at least 5 machines.

But doesn’t IK allow 10 authorizations per license?

• Like 1