Computer Music

cclarry

I find it difficult to maintain interest when reading "magazines" on a screen, so I looked at the print version prices. There are three "offers" for a 1 one year subscription and they are all the same price. Anyone who can tell me the point of 3 different offers for the same price can pick one of the following prizes.....

1) Nothing at all

2) Nothing at all

3) Nothing at all

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, paulo said:

I find it difficult to maintain interest when reading "magazines" on a screen, so I looked at the print version prices. There are three "offers" for a 1 one year subscription and they are all the same price. Anyone who can tell me the point of 3 different offers for the same price can pick one of the following prizes.....

1) Nothing at all

2) Nothing at all

3) Nothing at all

I would like nothing #2. it looks better than the other 2 nothings.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, cclarry said:

THAT was my transition away from Cubase to Sonar....and I never looked back...
While I lost a LOT in the transition at the time, Sonar workflow just "clicked" for me
and I absolutely LOVED the Skylight Interface, and STILL DO!

Time has proven that they were going in the right direction with it, but IIRC it was pretty broken at release and personally I didn't like the dull grey theme. I did buy X3 Pro, but only because of the included Melodyne integration and Addictive drums, which I was about to buy anyway so the X3 upgrade was cheaper than buying them separately. I didn't really like the UI again until whatever Platinum version got the dark theme.

51 minutes ago, paulo said:

Time has proven that they were going in the right direction with it, but IIRC it was pretty broken at release and personally I didn't like the dull grey theme. I did buy X3 Pro, but only because of the included Melodyne integration and Addictive drums, which I was about to buy anyway so the X3 upgrade was cheaper than buying them separately. I didn't really like the UI again until whatever Platinum version got the dark theme.

X1 was pretty buggy.

By X3-E the platform felt quite solid.  I agree the move to a dark theme in SPLAT was a move in the right direction, but the Skylight interface was alreaedy better than other things on the market with X1 visually.  Things have only improved since then.  

I'm thankful we can change our themes as it is interesting how taste changes over time.  I was using an all dark theme for years, and recently started using a custom "middle gray" theme a good portion of the time and I never thought I'd get out of the dark theme space again.  

• Like 1

I got a good deal with Zinio which is coming to an end - hope they offer something tempting once my subscription has come to an end. I have just finished the backlog of paper CM at last (going back some 15 years in some cases - some nostalgic reading there!). Tend to just flick through the online versions so really only worthwhile for the samples and instruments / effects