Arturia V-Collection 8 for $49.99

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Arturia V-Collection 8 for $49.99
1 hour ago, TVbene said:

Anybody knows if that would help me with an upgrade path to FX collection later at some point? 

1 hour ago, husker said:

Yes, it will.

However, the upgrade for me to the latest version is $499, only $100 off. Last year, when I bought 8, the upgrade was 50% off but still at $250, I decided it wasn't worth it for me to upgrade. No way I am paying $499 for the upgrade. And I already own the augmented instruments that were added in 9. However getting 8 for $49 is an absolute super deal. 

• Like 1

also a heads up: purchasing does not work for me as an EU resident. Only U.S. and Canada have seemed to work while it was on sale the last time in december….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TVbene said:

also a heads up: purchasing does not work for me as an EU resident. Only U.S. and Canada have seemed to work while it was on sale the last time in december….

Yes, here it did not work (Sweden)! 😞

19 minutes ago, TVbene said:

Well that sucks :D

And i mentioned it already to a few band/muso buddies and just back to them saying HOLD OFF .. not a good look :D

Edited by aidan o driscoll

1 hour ago, locrian said:

If you buy this, do you get updates for the 28 included synths to the current versions?

Yes, right after you pay $499 US for the upgrade (as per Doug's above post). That's what has kept me from picking it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, locrian said:

If you buy this, do you get updates for the 28 included synths to the current versions?

I bought V Collection 8 last year and only the following are shown as having upgrades available:

• CS-80 V3 to CS-80 V4
  • Prophet V3 to Prophet-VS V and Prophet-5 V
  • Piano V2 to Piano V3

The rest of the synths are up-to-date.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

So ... as stated above and just double checking.

This deal is only for people in the USA and CANADA .. whatever serials you get will not work in Europe and rest of world other than US and canada???

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

So ... as stated above and just double checking.

This deal is only for people in the USA and CANADA .. whatever serials you get will not work in Europe and rest of world other than US and canada???

The store is geoblocking payment from outside US and Canada. I‘d be surprised if a serial that you somehow obtained wouldn’t work, that would be Arturia implementing geoblocking in the structure of their serials. I am thinking about asking my cousin who lives in Canada but of course it could be possible that these serials wouldn’t work around here.

1 hour ago, TVbene said:

The store is geoblocking payment from outside US and Canada. I‘d be surprised if a serial that you somehow obtained wouldn’t work, that would be Arturia implementing geoblocking in the structure of their serials. I am thinking about asking my cousin who lives in Canada but of course it could be possible that these serials wouldn’t work around here.

Thanks @TVbene ... I use OPERA GX browser

https://www.opera.com/gx

My go to browser, love it. ITS FREE, try it :D

AND it has its own built in VPN feature you can turn on / off in settings. I went to the Arturia V Collection 8 page at proaudiostar - link at OP above. Had the OPERA GX VPN on .. this time I could add to cart, go to checkout. With VPN off that was not possible. 

As to whether it would allow you to go beyond the Checkout to say paypal, I didnt check that as i would not be buying this - already have it plus V Collec 9 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, locrian said:

I depends on what you consider a "current version."   What @ALC said is correct.  "Major" version (V2 to V3, V3 to V4) etc are not included.  However, the rest of the synths can be upgraded to the latest minor version of what is included in that specific version of V Collection.

I'm a big V Collection (and Aruria in general) fan.  I normally wait on versions of the V Collection until they drop to $99, so I've been through this a few times. 

• Like 3