Somebody to Love

Bajan Blue

I'm constantly pleasantly surprised by the quality of work on this forum, and here's another great track.

Good balanced backing, but the stand-out here is the strength of the vocal which stands alongside the original Grace Slick / Airplane track. It's also good that you took a direct shot at it, nothing outlandish.

Great work

Jerry

Hi

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated -  with regard to iTunes, I have no idea how they have got that wrong - I don't think we'd even recorded it in March😁😁 Anyway shall try and see what's happened, thanks for letting me know.

With regards the arrangement, we didn't want to change too much as we really liked the song, just wanted to do it our way.

Again thanks, 

Nigel

• Like 1

WOW!

Slick, Joplin, Ronstadt, Wilson, Harry, Ethridge, Jett; you know rock royalty. This young lady can sing! Who played bass on this? Cassidy never, IMHO, gets the credit he’s due (the one and only real bass player Hendrix ever worked with, and I’ll leave out the humble opinion part; facts is facts). Bloody brilliant mate! The vid is just as good as the performances, I’m having flashbacks. (Maybe the huge crush I had on Slick as wee lad, huh?)

Perfect, and again, WOW!

Tom

Hello :)

The cover is very good, other people have said that it looks quite like the original, but that is a cover, it is about maintaining the essence of the original interpreted by another artist. In my opinion it is very well achieved, the great singer, the mix Correct and the video is cool.

PD: Is the album on spotify?

Hi FJ

thanks for the kind comments - always appreciated.

All our music is available from all the usual places, including Spotify 

We are trying one new retailer this time, Music Glue - bit too early to tell yet if any good, but if they sell just one, that's worth about 30000 streams on Spotify!!!!!

https://www.musicglue.com/devine-lie

Cheers

Nigel

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to view the video - it's been our biggest ever success and we have just exceeded half a million views on Youtube!! And we've even sold some physical CD's, which makes a great change from the .000000000000000006 of a cent we get for a Spotify play!!!

Once again thanks guys, all the help and support on this forum is invaluable and is the reason we stick to using cakewalk as our DAW - all the people we deal with want us to use something else like Pro Tools, but we are happy and know what we're doing with Cakewalk - and if we ever get a problem, we know the guys to help!!!!!

Nigel

As I said before, she has a great voice, and you did an equally great job of playing and production.  I do agree with the opinion that you should try to make it a little bit more "your own".  I hear a little bit of it in your guitar solo work and that sounds great.

😀John B

On 11/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Nicely done - a good job on covering a song I've always liked.  The mix overall is good.

Thanks for posting.

Hi Douglas, thanks for the kind comments - i think it should be me thanking you for taking the time to listen 😎

Cheers

Nigel