is this an advice that new Sonar is coming ?

I got that today.... total PITA as pressing the CLOSE button after the countdown thing doesn't work and trying to move the sliders just produces a " ding"  which I believe is windows for " it doesn't matter how many times you click me, I'm not doing it."

My DAW pc is offline so I guess it was built in to the last version to activate on a certain date by which I'm also guessing the new version was supposed to be ready.

Eventually it did allow me to close it, but it was quite some time after the CLOSE button appeared. Is this my life now?

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It is Groundhog Day!  And we have the most exacting way of indicating when Sonar is going to be available for all - it is going to be in early Spring!

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today.  This is good news.

If for some reason this is wrong, then we should file a class action against PunxsutawneyPhil!  :) :) Registered agent is in Pennsylvania.

Edited by Alan Bachman
  • Haha 2

A few days ago some "expert" on TV said flipping a coin (50-50) would be more accurate than Punxsutawney Phil.  Evidently the accuracy stats for the Groundhog is around 40%.  According to WHYY:

Phil predicts more winter far more often than he sees an early spring, not a bad bet for February and March in western Pennsylvania. A federal agency took a look at his record last year and put his accuracy rate at about 40%.

40% is based on predictions about winter and the spring.  If Punxsutawney Phil is correct about Sonar - that will be a 100% success rate.    And both Sonar and Phil can relate to things underground so there is a deep connection here.  :) :)

I rest my case.   Carry on.

P.S.  I think many need a little "lightening up" these days.

So the new Sonar isn't ready yet, despite the popup? ⁉️

UPDATE: It's popping up each time you start Cakewalk, and it's trying to go online as well via msedgewebview2.exe:

image.png.b25c019b8c084f74e9be32e9cde27cf9.png

Edited by GreenLight
Added more info + image
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

So the new Sonar isn't ready yet, despite the popup? ⁉️

Well, the popup says “Is being replaced by Cakewalk Sonar”, not “Has been replaced by Cakewalk Sonar”

• Haha 1

I interpret the point in time of this popup that the bakers have overrated themselves! It seems there is more effort necessary as they have expected! I guess that they had thought at this time they would have released the new Sonar for a while. But maybe I'm wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sistine said:

I interpret the point in time of this popup that the bakers have overrated themselves! It seems there is more effort necessary as they have expected! I guess that they had thought at this time they would have released the new Sonar for a while. But maybe I'm wrong!

I'm an Old Sonar User ..(from sonar 4 to Platinum) and  I suppose there are two ways ... first , I totally agree with you !, second chance, we are wrong and Sonar could be behind the corner !
now ... what's the right view ..?!

• Like 1